• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Appreciate your comments mate but I still disagree. Jake may be 3 times the player but he’s gonna cost us big time one day when it matters most.
I know why he is doing it I wonder if he is coached to do it. There was one instance recently where I think DCE was trying to drag him off a player and he still held on subsequently giving away a 6 again.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Marty did a dumb thing throwing that pass, DCE did a dumb thing early in the tackle count when we were attacking their line - throwing that stupid looping cut out pass for Saab into touch and Jake gave away far too many six agains. We are a dumb football side. All of these errors were at crucial times of the game where different decisions may have led to victory. So just cant blame Marty. I just can't understand how we keep doing stupid things.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Marty has been great for us for a long time.

He is certainly down on form and not the player he once was but the vitriol is a bit much IMO.

He has a role to play this year (with an improvement in form needed) then I wish him all the best next year and onwards.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Marty did a dumb thing throwing that pass, DCE did a dumb thing early in the tackle count when we were attacking their line - throwing that stupid looping cut out pass for Saab into touch and Jake gave away far too many six agains. We are a dumb football side. All of these errors were at crucial times of the game where different decisions may have led to victory. So just cant blame Marty. I just can't understand how we keep doing stupid things.

Pete W

Bencher
The constant stupidity is a reflection of our on-field leadership. Just compare DCE and Taupau vs Lyon and King. Individualistic, self-serving and soft, entitled mentality vs Team-first, selfless and tough, uncompromising mentality.

Taupau gets blame as he should be our leader in the middle, but he never really took any responsibility. Even hated doing gym sessions with the rest of the team for a while. If it weren't for the Trbojevics, Foran (& now Garrick), our club culture would be in the toilet

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Disagree I thought he would have a Ben Kennedy like affect on us when he signed but I have been very underwhelmed with what he has delivered us.

Will not be missed imo.
Well maybe in comes with expectations.

I never saw Taupau at a Kennedy type....completely different play and personality.

I saw him as a high quality professional who would make 150-160 metres, 25-30 tackles with a few offloads and tackle busts thrown in there.

For the vast majority of his time that is what he is done.

Also his contract is back ended, so you cant go judging him on the huge amount he is on this year. We offered that structure as it benefited us. Judge him on the average value of his deal

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Marty needs to start this week and lay the platform along with Keppie or Sipps with bulk post contact meters and decent offloads. He needs redemption for that sh*tful performance last week especially that dumb pass and that limp miss on Burgess.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Just some stats on our props

Marty down on form, sure, needs to pick it up, yeah ok, value for money this year, nah wouldnt say so.

But a disgrace, needs to be dropped immediately, doesn't care etc etc....pull your heads in

As for last week, well it was great but it was a comeback game from Covid so I'll be forgiving there

Minutes Per Game

44 – Aloiai

35 – Taupau

34 - Paseka

34 – Keppie

28 – Sipley

Runs Per Game

16 – Aloiai

11 - Paseka

10 – Taupau

8 – Sipley

7 – Keppie

ARM Per Game

146 – Aloiai

103 - Paseka

86 – Taupau

71 – Sipley

63 – Keppie

Tackles Per Game

19 – Keppie

18 – Taupau

17 – Sipley

15 – Aloiai

14 - Paseka

Missed Tackles per game

0.25 - Sipley

1 – Taupau

1.57 – Keppie

1.57 - Paseka

2 – Aloiai

Tackle Busts

13 - Paseka

7- Keppie

4 – Taupau

4 – Aloiai

0 – Sipley

Effective Offloads

7 - Paseka

2 – Taupau

2 – Sipley

1 – Keppie

0 – Aloiai

Penalties

1 – Aloiai

1 – Paseka

2 – Keppie

2 – Sipley

5 – Taupau

Errors

0 – Aloiai

1 – Keppie

1 – Sipley

3 – Taupau

5 - Paseka

madmax

Bencher
Difference being you keep Marty out ,not much difference to end result .Pull Jake this team gets an extra 20 put on them.
Apples to pears !
Again disagree….pull Jake & we have less try’s scored against us & put extra points on. All good mate we all have opinions & they all matter.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Martin Tapau spotted after attending church on Sunday. The cornrows might be an elaborate wig.

Doesn’t look too worried about his current form:
2F3C4FC7-34DD-4A5D-BD67-E8B7421767D3.jpeg

joeboy

Bencher
Reading your posts put me to sleep mate…

Oh, ok. So you are funny AND insightful? How bout you shed some light on why Marty’s performances lately don’t deserve criticism? Or is it below you to counter an opinion with your own? I’d love to know what Marty brings to the table, it seems the majority here think not much at present

madmax

Bencher
Oh, ok. So you are funny AND insightful? How bout you shed some light on why Marty’s performances lately don’t deserve criticism? Or is it below you to counter an opinion with your own? I’d love to know what Marty brings to the table, it seems the majority here think not much at present
Marty’s been playing injured since the first game of the year for one. Secondly knowing you’re surplus to requirement would affect 99% of players, thirdly you have no idea what’s happening in the background. Also tell me honestly whether you believe Jake is worth $930k with all the bull$hit 6 agains which have led to more trys against us than Marty’s lapse in mongrel? If he deserves criticism so does Jake. In fact I’d say most of the team deserve criticism. This picking on certain players whilst favouring others gets boring mate. It’s not Marty’s fault the team is playing like $hit!

joeboy

Bencher
That’s fair, and I am critical of Jake, I have criticised for years in his penalty giving and ineffectiveness in parts of the game, I guess Jake and others get more leeway as you see the effort, whereas with Marty I’m not seeing much of anything.

I want him to come good, I’m frustrated by him because he still should have something to offer and he isn’t offering it. Penalties don’t make you throw idiotic momentum losing offloads, not caring does.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Again disagree….pull Jake & we have less try’s scored against us & put extra points on. All good mate we all have opinions & they all matter.
Is Kapow going to make all those missing tackles ?
They both even with silly penalties though .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16