Martin Taupau names the player

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Martin Taupau names the player to turn the Manly Sea Eagles around

MANLY signing Blake Green is key to turning around the NRL club’s fortunes according to his new Sea Eagles teammate Martin Taupau.

Five-eighth was the problem spot for coach Trent Barrett in his first season at Brookvale this year.

After his experiment with Dylan Walker soured, Jamie Lyon did his best to revitalise Manly’s season. But it wasn’t enough as Manly endured their worst finish in over a decade to come fourth last.

With Lyon retired, former Melbourne pivot Green is the man who is charged with taking Manly back to the finals in 2017

read more at
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/mar...d/news-story/2645ace17a56717134e6e6547b4eeb06

I think Green will be a revelation. A lot of people are saying he won't be any good because he hasn't got Smith or Cronk. But what he has got is Tom and Jake Trbojevic, Dylan Walker, Daly Cherry-Evans, Martin Taupau, Darcy Lussick, Api Koroisau. That's plenty of talent for him and I'd have those players over Smith and Cronk any day. Green will be buy of the year if we make finals.

I think Green will be a revelation. A lot of people are saying he won't be any good because he hasn't got Smith or Cronk. But what he has got is Tom and Jake Trbojevic, Dylan Walker, Daly Cherry-Evans, Martin Taupau, Darcy Lussick, Api Koroisau. That's plenty of talent for him and I'd have those players over Smith and Cronk any day. Green will be buy of the year if we make finals.
Smith or Api?....hmmm, that's a hard one.

My point was would you choose those 2 players over those 7 players at manly? Green will be fine at manly.
You cant just select two players turbo and neglect to mention Bromwich Proctor Korobete Chambers etc. They are all handy players in their own right too.

pretty sure Melbourne also have 13 players on the field so you might want to add Bromwich, Harris, Munster, Proctor etc to your list
Well said fluffy. Great post. Couldn't agree more....

Haha. You beat me by a nanosecond fluffy ;)

Green came here for his last big pay cheque before either retiring or leaving for England. I'm not sure how anyone thinks he'll be better for us than he was for the Storm. But can't complain too much, he's certainly our best 5/8 option.

Green came here for his last big pay cheque before either retiring or leaving for England. I'm not sure how anyone thinks he'll be better for us than he was for the Storm. But can't complain too much, he's certainly our best 5/8 option.
Mate I watched him quite regularly this last season. For the most part he played really well, providing a nice foil for Cooper Cronk. His passing game was solid, so too his kicking in general play. Also displayed a good running game, bending the line regularly. No reason that he can't perform the same role with us, acting as a foil, taking pressure of Cherry and providing another genuine option on fifth tackle plays. Not on huge coin either, so I don't really grasp where you're coming from to be honest. Martin Tapau is an international and is obviously thrilled with Greens signing. I tend to think that players of Marty's quality would have a pretty good gauge on whether someone can play.

Have I missed something here. The players mentioned didnt include Parcell. Is he gone or just forgotten?

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2