March on Narrabeen Headquarter's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Would you be willing to join a group to demand answers from Humphrey's and Hasler at Narrabeen?

• Yes

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 28.4%
  • Not Interested

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Wouldn't work

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Interested but Unable to attend (too far away etc.)

Votes: 33 34.7%

• Total voters
I voted no Ryan, but rather than vote no with no reply here is my reason and it is not because I am happy with the current state, far from it, rather I voted no because I don't believe a lynch mob demanding answers is something I personally agree with.

Most of the time if the legitimate answers given do not meet what one wants to hear then round and round we go until bloodletting is the only option left whether that is for better or worse and whether some are just sacrificial lambs or legimate options at that point doesn't matter.
Sure I'm frustrated with selection policy and performance but can also understand some of the predicament we are in based on what has been answered.

As Bozo mentioned Humphrey's like Gorman before him are very approachable fellows, but likely what they have to respond with won't meet the lynch mob expectations.

That said you have every right to express your dissapointment and frustration anyway you want within the law of course and I respect your right to do so.

Anyway gotta get to work
Have fun guys

Hey Guys, I'm keen to get an idea of if anyone would be interested in marching down to Narrabeen in person as a group (hopefully a lot of members). Would love to get 50+ to demand some answers from both Humphrey's and Hasler.

If anything, to demand some change, and show that we the fans, are passionate & die hard, even if the players don't seem to care.

Would someone please post this to the Facebook Group(s) - I don't use Facebook?

If I get enough numbers, we can formulate appropriate, quality, value add type of questions.
Would love to see video footage if you guys do this. Please don’t make this like the US Capitol riot...........only joking . Not that I agree with this protest but if you want to have an impact why don’t you all chip in ( maybe find some sponsors)and put a small ad/notice in the Manly Daily. That will certainly get some attention.

Would love to see video footage if you guys do this. Please don’t make this like the US Capitol riot...........only joking . Not that I agree with this protest but if you want to have an impact why don’t you all chip in ( maybe find some sponsors)and put a small ad/notice in the Manly Daily. That will certainly get some attention.
I have a contact in the media (Manly Daily) that I'll let know, so they come along. Won't need to pay.

I find the results interesting, but not surprising. More "out of area" fans are more willing to help and be active but can't, yet mostly locals just couldn't be arsed - hence the small crowds and memberships I guess.

We bag Parramatta fans, but at least they fire up for their team.

I've had 6 DM's to date, so that's 15 yes, 16 who would come, but are too far away, and 11 (who I don't really get or understand, do they actually like the team?) say no

That's 31 to 11 right now.

I have a contact in the media (Manly Daily) that I'll let know, so they come along. Won't need to pay.

I find the results interesting, but not surprising. More "out of area" fans are more willing to help and be active but can't, yet mostly locals just couldn't be arsed - hence the small crowds and memberships I guess.

We bag Parramatta fans, but at least they fire up for their team.

I've had 6 DM's to date, so that's 15 yes, 16 who would come, but are too far away, and 11 (who I don't really get or understand, do they actually like the team?) say no

That's 31 to 11 right now.

I think you’re a bit harsh on those that said ‘no’, mate.

I don’t think it’s a case that they ‘can’t be arsed’ or ‘don’t actually like the team’. I’d imagine it’s more the fact that they have a difference of opinion regarding how to best get a point across and thats completely fine.

I certainly understand your thinking but also don’t think any less of anyone not wanting to rally at HQ.

I think you’re a bit harsh on those that said ‘no’, mate.

I don’t think it’s a case that they ‘can’t be arsed’ or ‘don’t actually like the team’. I’d imagine it’s more the fact that they have a difference of opinion regarding how to best get a point across and thats completely fine.

I certainly understand your thinking but also don’t think any less of anyone not wanting to rally at HQ.

That's a "wouldn't work" response mate. That's why I put that there.

If this comes off, I also feel the results from Humphrey's and Hasler should be kept to those willing to participate. Why do those not willing to exercise effort get rewarded? Okay, the media will likely be involved, but the one's willing or who have the passion, should get the rewards.

32 for, 12 against so far.

Once again Ryan you over estimate your own level of importance, why would des or anyone in the club have the need ,or want to be accountable to you and a bunch of numptys. you are a supporter nothing more nothing less, the funniest part of this is your knowledge and understanding of rugby league is so far from being on the money, des and the club could give you a spiel about this and that and you would be none the wiser.
I chuckle that some of you actually thought this was a top 4 team, they were **** last year and as a whole squad on paper certainly worse this year. these results are to be expected and wont change, the wooden spoon beckons given the squad and lack of depth/injuries that will occur throughout the year.

Yeah nah, I don’t think this is it.
Not sure a group of 20 people rocking up to training would be intimidating I think the club would find it annoying. This is what i imagine it to look like.

Not a dig at you Ryan, we’re all passionate and want to demand answers, I just don’t know if it’d work.

I love the sentiment of this thread. A march on Narrabeen seems impractical but I also want to do something. The club is treating the fans deplorably. Decisions being made by the club are almost inexplicable.
Why do you extend a contract of a coach who has 14 losses from the past 17.
Why does that coach continue to select players who have proven themselves incapable of playing at NRL level?
Why did our best player last year walk before the season ended and without a fight from the club?
Why are we signing players who are stood down or carrying long term injuries?
Why are we signing players and then not playing them?
Are the owners letting the club die in the expectation of selling the licence to the expansion club?
Why have we become the most injury prone club in the NRL?

I'm sick of Hasler's bull**** media conferences and excuses.

I've been a Manly fan a for a hell of a lot longer that this idiot has been involved in the club as a player and coach. Never forget what he did to the club.

I suggest a petition instead of a march.
My petition would include sacking Hasler immediately but at the very least we need the club to explain some of these decisions.

There is nothing wrong with what ryan is organising aslong as its peaceful and constructive..you dont need 50 people 15 is more than enough with media by your side but you need to really think about what questions you put to humphreys to make the effort you put in worth while..with media with you chances are he will front up

To the " supporters" who intend to make us the laughing stock of the comp for a week - Please make sure you don't forget to bring your team lists to hand over to Des so he can select accordingly.....your in depth knowledge of player's injuries, weaknesses and ability to handle first grade will be immeasurable and will turn our season around. FMD.
Cant wait to go to work that week and cop shyte. ..pls give heaps of notice so I can try and book annual leave and change my mibile phone message for missed calls....FFS.

That's a "wouldn't work" response mate. That's why I put that there.

If this comes off, I also feel the results from Humphrey's and Hasler should be kept to those willing to participate. Why do those not willing to exercise effort get rewarded? Okay, the media will likely be involved, but the one's willing or who have the passion, should get the rewards.

32 for, 12 against so far.
It’s not so much that I think it’s a ‘wouldnt work’ scenario. But if anything big came out of it and there was media attention, would that media attention necessarily be a good thing?

The club knows there are issues, but this imo would probably just help write a few more media articles against Des and co.

I think it’s great if it’s done without media attention at this stage. Communicating ideas is better achieved that way imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon this club is currently a pretty good reflection of its fans, and visa versa. We have about 15 1/2 members who pay $75 bucks for a cap made in China. And we have an organisation that reflects that degree of interest representing the north shore of Sydney. And the more "professional" (read money-centric) this league becomes, the more irrelevant this club becomes. We had a spectacular run and much to be immensely proud of. I do not see a future without some drastic intervention that reshapes who we are as a club.

This is not a endorsement nor criticism of the proposed march, it just felt relevant to share in this thread

Just because the internet gives the little guy a platform .
It doesn't mean everyone should have to hear it.
Seems very "Cancel culture" to me and personally not a big fan of that .
But each to their own .

Yeah nah, I don’t think this is it.
Not sure a group of 20 people rocking up to training would be intimidating I think the club would find it annoying. This is what i imagine it to look like.

Not a dig at you Ryan, we’re all passionate and want to demand answers, I just don’t know if it’d work.
Hahahaha spot on

If people want to March/protest, fine as long as it’s peaceful. I don’t have an issue with it and at least it’s showing Tge club how people are feeling. In saying that, what outcome will be achieved? Any responses from the club would be cliched dribble anyway - if a response at all. In fact you will probably get sone admin worker informing you Mr Hasler and Mr Humphreys are “presently unavailable”.

Once again Ryan you over estimate your own level of importance, why would des or anyone in the club have the need ,or want to be accountable to you and a bunch of numptys. you are a supporter nothing more nothing less, the funniest part of this is your knowledge and understanding of rugby league is so far from being on the money, des and the club could give you a spiel about this and that and you would be none the wiser.
I chuckle that some of you actually thought this was a top 4 team, they were **** last year and as a whole squad on paper certainly worse this year. these results are to be expected and wont change, the wooden spoon beckons given the squad and lack of depth/injuries that will occur throughout the year.

@mutley , I disagree with you about the quality of our roster. Yes, we aren't seeing the results, but we are better than this. This group has the quality to be at least a borderline top 8 team. Why are you just giving up man, c'mon, raise the expectations a bit !

I put this in the petition thread, and it's very valid here as well. I'm also saying this to all the, "it wouldn't work, make us look embarrassing, get nothing out of it" people (who are entitled to their opinion's of course), that I heard all that before the last time I said enough was enough.

I was on the fence at a Brooky game in the rain, and this pregnant lady was right on the fence. She stood up at half time to go get something to eat or drink, and the rusty wire cut her waist, and she bled everywhere. I thought enough is enough with this joint.

That's what prompted me into creating a petition to upgrade the old girl.

People told me I was wasting my time. What's the point they said. You'll make us look embarrassing they said. Who'll listen to a numpty like you they said. Well, we got 10,000 signatures. I made the petition look like a professional book (spent a lot of time and money), and my wife presented it to Grant Mayer, who with Graeme Annersley took it, and presented it to Morris Iemma, who gave us the initial 10M in state funding that started the monetary input into this present upgrade. I was even in The Manly Daily about it.

Bet the club still has that. I'd love to get it back. Possibly Iemma's office has it, I don't know.

I guess what I'm saying is you make the ideal productive (it wouldn't be like grab your torch and pitchforks). Not sure you recall, but this event all happened in the (was it Graeme Lowe era), and it was screened to all the members. Normal questions were asked, and the event raised awareness, and change occurred. The groundswell was quite big them though. Note sure if anyone remembers that?

It was also on the news at that time.

But positive most certainly DID come out of it, the last time round.

I voted no, but purely because my personal opinion on marches and/or protests is that it never resolves anything. If you want answers, speak to Humphrey's and ask for a members forum to be held.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11