Manly's Sports Science Unit To Be Audited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Fox Sports are saying more detailed info to be released today.

They have reported that players have come forward this week to admit guilt and more than 1 club is guilty of systematic doping pratices. Phone taps are the primary source of evidence.

And the NRL and AFL have been advised of the clubs that have been identified in Crime Commision report. It is now up to the NRL and AFL to inform the respective clubs. Apparently there is more than 1 instance of a whole team doping and sanctions could include suspending the clubs from the competition for a period of time.
AFL deputy CEO Gill McLachlan will be holding a press conference shortly to discuss the updated information. Nothing as yet from the NRL.

Inside info is....

Relax, not be worried, and don't fall for all the hype. From both media and those "In the ba hahahahahahahahahahahah know."

Party on!

I wonder if there was anything in those "emails" they found on the dogs' computer had anything it them, he sure dropped the lawsuit quicksmart.

I'm very worried and I hope we aren't one of the 6 clubs.

EagleRock40 said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Fox Sports are saying more detailed info to be released today.

They have reported that players have come forward this week to admit guilt and more than 1 club is guilty of systematic doping pratices. Phone taps are the primary source of evidence.

And the NRL and AFL have been advised of the clubs that have been identified in Crime Commision report. It is now up to the NRL and AFL to inform the respective clubs. Apparently there is more than 1 instance of a whole team doping and sanctions could include suspending the clubs from the competition for a period of time.
AFL deputy CEO Gill McLachlan will be holding a press conference shortly to discuss the updated information. Nothing as yet from the NRL.

FAAARRK! If Manly is one of these clubs and the year was 2008 does that mean they can't compete this year? Holy s**t! They have to inform the fans. All this speculation is just crap.

swoop said:
I wonder if there was anything in those "emails" they found on the dogs' computer had anything it them, he sure dropped the lawsuit quicksmart.

I'm very worried and I hope we aren't one of the 6 clubs.

It's almost certain Manly are one of the 6.

Every man and his dog has known about the match fixing for the past 3 or 4 seasons. It's mainly not first grade NRL.

Hope I am wrong.

Anything be deduced from this?

1. Have any of your club officials or players been interviewed by the Australian Crime Commission?

2. Do you think any NRL matches during the past three seasons have been influenced by players involved with criminals attempting to fix matches?

3. Are you confident that the players at your club are not taking illegal substances?

4. Are you confident that players in the NRL are competing without the benefit of illegal substances?

MANLY

1. NC.

2. NC.

3. We're confident, in regards to our internal processes, that we've abided by all the guidelines and rules in the past.

4. NC.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/search-for-answers-nrl-clubs-respond-to-survey-as-auditors-plan-surprise-raids-in-hunt-for-evidence-20130208-2e3rl.html?skin=text-only

Thanks for that Bob. What does 'almost certain' mean? Do you know, or don't you know? IMO this is all a monumental beat up.

Brissie Kid said:
Anything be deduced from this?

1. Have any of your club officials or players been interviewed by the Australian Crime Commission?

2. Do you think any NRL matches during the past three seasons have been influenced by players involved with criminals attempting to fix matches?

3. Are you confident that the players at your club are not taking illegal substances?

4. Are you confident that players in the NRL are competing without the benefit of illegal substances?

MANLY

1. NC.

2. NC.

3. We're confident, in regards to our internal processes, that we've abided by all the guidelines and rules in the past.

4. NC.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/search-for-answers-nrl-clubs-respond-to-survey-as-auditors-plan-surprise-raids-in-hunt-for-evidence-20130208-2e3rl.html?skin=text-only

Mate every single team replied no comment to questions 1 an 2, I think only the knights answered question 4 - so nothing to see there

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
voicefromthehill said:
Mate every single team replied no comment to questions 1 an 2, I think only the knights answered question 4 - so nothing to see there

So what if any are external processes?

Brissie Kid said:
voicefromthehill said:

Out of their control and therefore the responsibility of the individual. Most teams had a stock reply to that question.

The longer this goes on the more it looks like a political stunt. They probably have some dirt but I bet it's not a lot. In the meantime the world thinks every Aussie athlete and sportsperson is a drug cheat, we are the laughing stock of many overseas countries now.

So Lundy and Clare, take a bow......well played (lol)

Clare puts heat back on NRL and AFL
Date February 10, 2013
AAP

After weathering a storm of criticism from Australia's sporting leaders to name and shame the drug users identified in Thursday's explosive Australian Crime Commission report, federal Justice Minister Jason Clare said the AFL and NRL clubs involved could now out themselves.

Clare, the public spokesman for the report which details widespread drug use in Australian sport with links to organised crime, said the ACC had already given the names of teams and individuals to both of the country's biggest sporting competitions.

It followed rugby league supremos Wayne Bennett and Phil Gould slamming the vagueness of the report, saying it unfairly smeared all athletes as drug users, with suggestions the hour-long press conference was a bluff to entice people to come forward.

But Clare said the evidence was very real - and the NRL and AFL know about.

Advertisement "We've given the names of the clubs to both the NRL and the AFL. And the NRL and the AFL have asked for permission to tell the clubs that are affected by the investigation," Clare told ABC television.

"The Crime Commission agrees and we're taking action to allow both the NRL and the AFL to tell the clubs that are involved in this investigation.

"And then it will be up to the clubs to put their hand up and say 'yes, we are one of the clubs that are affected by this investigation'."

Clare reiterated his claim that multiple examples across the two codes had found entire teams doping.

"The Crime Commission has given the names of the individuals to the NSW police and the Victorian police to investigate," Clare said.

"They've also given the names and the details to ASADA.

"We're not just talking about evidence that's been collected through coercive hearings, we're talking about documentary evidence that the crime commission has got as well as the use of phone taps that corroborate all of the information they've got.

"And they've made the decision that this is so serious that it's necessary to get that information out to the public that there are some cases where the whole team has been doped.

"The crime commission's work identified more than one example of that.

"I can't reveal (whether there are more than one instance of entire teams doping in each code), but what I can say is when the clubs are told that their club is one of the teams affected, they'll be able to sit down with the crime commission, the crime commission will give them as much information as they legally can."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/clare-puts-heat-back-on-nrl-and-afl-20130210-2e68o.html

So, all of the 6 clubs know, hmmmm.

Brissie Kid said:
voicefromthehill said:

Desperately clutching at straws Brissie Kid? The only thing any team CAN control, or would even comment on, is internal processes. What would the Herald expect to receive with rubbish questions like:

"Are you confident that players in the NRL are competing without the benefit of illegal substances?"

If you think the Broncs are in any better position based on their answers then you are majorly, majorly deluded.

swoop said:
"I can't reveal (whether there are more than one instance of entire teams doping in each code), but what I can say is when the clubs are told that their club is one of the teams affected, they'll be able to sit down with the crime commission, the crime commission will give them as much information as they legally can."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/clare-puts-heat-back-on-nrl-and-afl-20130210-2e68o.html

So, all of the 6 clubs know, hmmmm.

The report released on Thursday only mentioned one club where the entire team was possibly given unapproved supplements, and as we just heard at the AFL presser, that is Essendon.

Mark from Brisbane said:
The longer this goes on the more it looks like a political stunt. They probably have some dirt but I bet it's not a lot. In the meantime the world thinks every Aussie athlete and sportsperson is a drug cheat, we are the laughing stock of many overseas countries now.

So Lundy and Clare, take a bow......well played (lol)

Yeah, Canada are laughing big time....

If it wasn't for the blizzards currently in the east..

And the hockey going on (HNIC tonight!)

And no one knowing what the nrl and afl are

We need a game over here! Mark you're the politis of manly, make it happen!

While I didnt buy the rubbish that thia was a political stunt to take the heat off the obied matter(as if people will forget his antics),I had started to believe it may be a bit of grandstanding.However the fast and furious reply from the commission spokesman to Gould and Bennets comments has made me a believer that they have plenty of ammo to fire and the first shots are not far away.Lets hope we are not in the firing line.

Rex said:
Desperately clutching at straws Brissie Kid? The only thing any team CAN control, or would even comment on, is internal processes. What would the Herald expect to receive with rubbish questions like:

"Are you confident that players in the NRL are competing without the benefit of illegal substances?"

If you think the Broncs are in any better position based on their answers then you are majorly, majorly deluded.

What? I'm just a Manly fan very worried about my club. It seems to me that Manly's answer excluded external processes & I just wondered what that could be. I agree it could be individual players but I am worried it could mean something else as well. Anyway it looks like Essendon is the one the report is referring to.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10