Manly's Sports Science Unit To Be Audited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
"And they've made the decision that this is so serious that it's necessary to get that information out to the public that there are some cases where the whole team has been doped.'

Does this mean that the whole team has been doped without their knowledge or have they known what they were doing?
Something about Brent Kite makes me absolutely confident that he has no knowledge of participating in any doping.
Donny's statements related to a 'couple of individuals involved in a process'.
These two blokes give me some confidence but holy sheeeyit. The sport owes it to the fans to come out and make statements. Let us know what's going on. Stop the BS.
Or is it a charade to get teams to comes out and say, 'Yeah it's us. Please disqualify us from the comp.'
WTF is going on?

I just wish they would name names and put every single fan at rest. Why come out and make this big statement and press conference and then not name anyone? Pathetic

If it's six teams, then four are from the NRL because the AFL statement clearly states that they are only aware of two clubs involved.

I suppose it may then be reasonable to assume the four NRL clubs could be the ones that are being audited, namely Manly, Penrith, Cronulla and Newcastle.

Just because a club is named should not automatically infer guilt.

strone33 said:
I just wish they would name names and put every single fan at rest. Why come out and make this big statement and press conference and then not name anyone? Pathetic

Defamation I'd say.

bones said:
Hopefully the 6 teams are 5 from the AFL plus the Bulldogs.

lol

Hope so. Well....maybe the storm as well.

Mark from Brisbane said:
The longer this goes on the more it looks like a political stunt. They probably have some dirt but I bet it's not a lot. In the meantime the world thinks every Aussie athlete and sportsperson is a drug cheat, we are the laughing stock of many overseas countries now.

So Lundy and Clare, take a bow......well played (lol)

All of this breast beating from two Labor ministers comes as no surprise when it is evident that the Labor party has had it's worst week since the Whitlam era, pressure off Labor and onto the NRL and AFL.
Until they actually accuse a team and/or players and have conclusive proof, then it means nothing.

Didn't they say 6 nrl clubs? And that those 6 clubs have been given the names of those involved?
So its up to the clubs involved now to fess up and out players. So well be waiting a while for lawyers advice and evidence to be sorted through before any club comes forward and reveals themselves and players.

Maybe Dank is clean, he is denying it all and quiet confidently. I reckon all Manly have done is the calves blood stuff which is perfectly legal.

You gotta look at clubs that have been a bit quiet on this matter, what have the storm said?

There's been so much focus on Manly that they'd have to be one of the six teams due to the Danks connection. That doesn't mean Manly are guilty.
Danks did not work at 6 NRL club though. Perhaps it's teams with no connections to Danks that are involved in whole team doping???
They just need to get on with this. Totally unfair to fans. Too much cloak and dagger.
Fans invest time, money and pride in their clubs. Fans are victims in this situation and need to know.
The NRL really has no right to promote games and sell merchandise while this is going on.

globaleagle said:
This is for everyone, esp da ladies!!!!

I love you GE, everyone else can go suck start a Harley.

edit: Yes my lack of concern should be evident.

The article I read about players being approached and tricked into taking banned supplements then black mailed by criminals shows that danks is only a small part of the investigation.
It's could be any players from any clubs if that kind of thing is going on.

https://twitter.com/berniecoenFOX/status/300431373964034048

Bernie Coen
‏@berniecoenFOX
@FOXSportsNews I'm hearing that Manly isn't one of the 6 clubs named by ACC to NRL - that makes things interesting if true #drugsinsport

Brissie Kid said:

Bernie Coen
‏@berniecoenFOX
@FOXSportsNews I'm hearing that Manly isn't one of the 6 clubs named by ACC to NRL - that makes things interesting if true #drugsinsport

Well well well, I hope that's true!

After what was said today I think Gould and Bennett may regret their quick defence(even though it was in good faith).Legalities probably prevented the names being broadcast to all and sundry but from the respones from the crime commission in reply to criticism it would seem that the public is clutching at straws if it thinks this is all about politics and it will just go away.It seems obvious now that there will be some serious casualties out of this and I hope they throw the whole kitchen sink at them if proven guilty(and that includes us if in the unlikely event we did the crime).

niccipops said:
There's been so much focus on Manly that they'd have to be one of the six teams due to the Danks connection. That doesn't mean Manly are guilty.
Danks did not work at 6 NRL club though. Perhaps it's teams with no connections to Danks that are involved in whole team doping???
They just need to get on with this. Totally unfair to fans. Too much cloak and dagger.
Fans invest time, money and pride in their clubs. Fans are victims in this situation and need to know.
The NRL really has no right to promote games and sell merchandise while this is going on.
100% mate. Peptides have been around for YEARS and rugby league clubs didnt need Stephen Danks to enlighten them of their benefits to players. As they have been basically undetectable in testing and they are really really good at healing injuries quicker than normal, clubs are definitely going to think about using them. All clubs want an advantage over other clubs. Not detectable in testing? Gets our gun player back on the field 3 weeks sooner? Sure, give us 20 vials, theres a price break at 10!

I just hope Des wasnt as sloppy with covering his tracks as we may speculate...

Brissie Kid said:

Bernie Coen
‏@berniecoenFOX

Grain of salt, but hope it's true.

Lord Eagleton said:
niccipops said:
100% mate. Peptides have been around for YEARS and rugby league clubs didnt need Stephen Danks to enlighten them of their benefits to players. As they have been basically undetectable in testing and they are really really good at healing injuries quicker than normal, clubs are definitely going to think about using them. All clubs want an advantage over other clubs. Not detectable in testing? Gets our gun player back on the field 3 weeks sooner? Sure, give us 20 vials, theres a price break at 10!

I just hope Des wasnt as sloppy with covering his tracks as we may speculate...

I don't think we used them, how many times were our players Injured and out of action longer than first thought? I can't recall anyone coming back from injury earlier ever

Maybe Brian Norrie,Todd Lowrie,Maurice Blair,Jaiman Lowe were ordinary footballers after all!

One thing that needs to occur in this saga is that the coaches pay the ultimate price and they dont just hang it on easy kills like the sports scientists(as they did with salary cap scandal at the scum).The head coach knows absolutely everything that goes on with his football team and if this is shown to be aorganised doping program then a life ban is essential regardles of the reputations of those involved.The fact that coaches and players escaped censure at the Storm was ludicrous and cant happen again.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10