Manly vs Warriors [Round 20 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
Cliffy said:
Who were the ins and out for the NSW Cup today? Blair and Andrews clearly didn't play. Who can assist.

Seaeagles.com.au or nswrl.com.au/seniors
[Thanks @HappilyManly Both sites have the team lists announced on a Tuesday. I am looking for the last minute replacements for Blair and Andrews. Ps I am slowly learning on these puters ]

Foxsports usually has them up faster than the nrl but otherwise nrl.con.au update the team lists almost instantly

Nrl.com is the only up to date site.

They also announced, that due to 'insider trading' type info for the Punters, they will force Clubs to post up to date injury and Team lists. :)

mike walker said:
G'day all,Didn't know where to put this but there is an interesting runner at young trots today for anyone interested race 1 no 2.
cheers mike
G'day all,Did anyone manage to get on?The nags name was Watmough,started fav and duly saluted.Just had to be an omen that the boys would win after that.
cheers mike

mickqld said:
Glad I'm working this Sunday and won't get to see any of it. We'll get clobbered in all 3 grades.
Can you keep working when Manly play mate.....had a great day with 2 great wins from 3....
Hope you enjoy the highlights buddy.
Btw this Wild Turkey tastes F**cking perfect!!

ManlyMit said:
Is it just me or were the commentators very bias towards the Warriors??

Someone else said this, but I didnt notice it too bad.

They are NZ'ers afterall.

Vossy is fun - doesn't yap on about irrelevant TV Shows or what happened 50 years ago in RL :)

The years of SBWurst man love by Nein is bi-assed to the extreme :cool:

Watched the replay of this yesterday. How tough is Foran? He went flying after the mutual shoulder charge with mini-dump truck Hurrell but it was Hurrell who had trouble getting up. Perhaps it's a coincidence but Hurrell had been monstering us up until that point but afterwards he was only occassionally sighted and had little effect.
Manu was the second winger that claimed a try against us that in the last two games that wasn't(Nightingale previously). Lucky the camera angle showed he hadn't grounded it.
OK Manu was sort of funny in his stupid cheeky sort of fashion but I wouldn't have laughed if the cheating had worked. Perhaps there should be a penalty for this ala the one against soccer divers.

Arko-admirer said:
Watched the replay of this yesterday. How tough is Foran? He went flying after the mutual shoulder charge with mini-dump truck Hurrell but it was Hurrell who had trouble getting up.

Any apology to Foran and Manly come out of the NRL bunker for the penalty? Or is the NRL going to tell us that what Foran did warranted being penalised? What else was Foran supposed to do? Go low and get himself knocked out by Hurrell's hips or knees? Cummins should have been ashamed of himself to have given that penalty.

Brissie Kid said:
Any apology to Foran and Manly come out of the NRL bunker for the penalty? Or is the NRL going to tell us that what Foran did warranted being penalised? What else was Foran supposed to do? Go low and get himself knocked out by Hurrell's hips or knees? Cummins should have been ashamed of himself to have given that penalty.

With the way things are, I'm kind of glad he didn't put on report and also that the mrc didn't put it on report!

If it's any consolation, Andrew Voss apologised to foz on behalf of the nrl during the game.

HappilyManly said:
Foz was put on Report for a Shoulder Charge - but the MRC did dismiss it yesterday :cool:

well..... I am even more glad I didn't have to go through the stress of knowing it was put on report!

:cool:

- Thanks for the truthiness!

globaleagle said:
HappilyManly said:
Foz was put on Report for a Shoulder Charge - but the MRC did dismiss it yesterday :cool:

well..... I am even more glad I didn't have to go through the stress of knowing it was put on report!

:cool:

- Thanks for the truthiness!

#crisis averted :p

Manly Sea Eagles @SeaEagles · Jul 28
HALLELUJAH! Kieran Foran has been cleared by the match review committee for trying to stop @konzhurrell in the only way it seemed possible!

HappilyManly said:

Terrific. But what the MRC won't do is send the referees boss a memo to tell his referees not to penalise players for what happened in Foz's case. The same collision will happen again and you can bet the same dumb NRL rules will see the tackler penalised and put on report and then be found by the MRC to have no case to answer.

Brissie Kid said:
Terrific. But what the MRC won't do is send the referees boss a memo to tell his referees not to penalise players for what happened in Foz's case. The same collision will happen again and you can bet the same dumb NRL rules will see the tackler penalised and put on report and then be found by the MRC to have no case to answer.

Its like both Vossy and Halligan said during commentary, it was a collision between two players who were BOTH bracing for it and BOTH went in shoulder first.....let it go because that's rugby league, its a contact sport, not Austag.

There is a big difference between what happened on Sunday between Foz and Hurrell and what started this whole mess in the first place, GI's shoulder charge on Dean Young. Someone should remind the NRL of this.

HoldenV8 said:
Brissie Kid said:

Its like both Vossy and Halligan said during commentary, it was a collision between two players who were BOTH bracing for it and BOTH went in shoulder first.....let it go because that's rugby league, its a contact sport, not Austag.

There is a big difference between what happened on Sunday between Foz and Hurrell and what started this whole mess in the first place, GI's shoulder charge on Dean Young. Someone should remind the NRL of this.

F'Ken oath!

HoldenV8 said:

Got that right! I only watch NRL for Manly games now.

If Manly were down with the Raiders and Sharks i probably would not see any NRL at all.

The NRL has done a great job of stuffing the game.

They react more to what the non fans and media say about the game than what the NRL players and fans want.

Any business who won't listen to its customers is doomed.

And the fact is that you could hear the fans cheer when they collided. Maybe more because Hurrell sent Foz flying, but the thing is they enjoyed seeing that, two tough guys putting their bodies on the line for their team and neither backing down.

We should see more of it.

HoldenV8 said:
And the fact is that you could hear the fans cheer when they collided. Maybe more because Hurrell sent Foz flying, but the thing is they enjoyed seeing that, two tough guys putting their bodies on the line for their team and neither backing down.

We should see more of it.

The NRL is making sure we won't.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8