Manly vs Warriors [Round 20 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well a good win in the end: despite Ben Cummins, and despite our own propensity to make silly mistakes and put pressure on ourselves...

Epic, solid defense. Not many teams keep the Warriors out for that long, with that many repeat sets and leg up penalties!!

Not perfect but no team is, Our defence was great. Now onto the Broncos at Brooky next Friday.

That defensive display from 40-60 minutes was pretty damn good.

Didn't look pretty but guess what folks, a win is a win and 4 points in front at this time of tend season is more than handy !!

That was an outstanding win today. Both teams were gutsy. After the media coverage this week an upset could have been on the cards.
Great win Manly.
King was huge today despite one blinding error.

Our defense in that second half was incredible and really won us the game, the Warriors tried every trick they had, and came away from it wondering why they couldnt score, for us to turn around and score after 25 minutes of defense really just put the nail in the coffin.

Now I just need to wait for the replay to be processed so I can watch the game without blogging it

While I'll gladly take the win, it wasn't pretty. And if Johnson played we might not have won. The Warriors look lost without him.....kinda like we did without Snake for much of 2009-10.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
With the 3 2 1, I'll be voting 4 for Matt Ballin. That guy is Manly.

Another huge game from him but hard to go past the halves today, they made a few small errors, but Foz was huge in defense and attack and DCE crafted us a few tries and time and time again got us out of trouble.

I will be going for DCE, Foz and then Lyon. The amount of work Lyon did was astounding, he is just such a freak of a player

damiennp90 said:
Come on Steve. 20 rounds we've had that rule. And you want extra money and you can't even remember that? Come on

Give foran the million dollars on today's performance. DCE max of $500000. Not even half as good as foran on today's effort.

Wow Damien for you to say that means you do not appreciate what an incredible team of stars Manly has.
Why don't you go and support Newcastle, or perhaps Canberra.

HK_Eagle said:
Seriously, how often do we have to lose short kick contests for coaching staff to address it? It's not just today, it's happened multiple times this year.

HK Eagle, that's probably the only thing this team is not good at. Let it slide I say!

Well as predicted Cummins was his usual self. Can't read a game at all. Ironically despite all the bad calls against Manly "strips" it was his ruling of a Warriors forward (not!) pass that stopped them going ahead 12-10.

As for Foran getting run over by Hurrell being penalised as a Foran shoulder charge. omg! Just shows how the NRL and its officials have no idea of rugby league.

HoldenV8 said:
While I'll gladly take the win, it wasn't pretty. And if Johnson played we might not have won. The Warriors look lost without him.....kinda like we did without Snake for much of 2009-10.

Holden I though it was very pretty. manly completely controlled a very high impact side with their defence.
I think they made the call not to try fancy stuff today for that reason. Tbh I was very happy and entertained by what I saw.

Jerry1 said:
Yeah his arms are testicles

Lol?

Manly looked very tired in that 2nd half. Backing up from Monday night, with a plane ride to add on top, had a bit to do with it I think.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8