Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 3, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I know it is only 3 games but I just can't resist.....Imagine what the score would be if we had a good roster?Luckily Des will dismantle this roster and bring in some good players for next year,after all we do need a complete roster overhaul,and Des will finally have some proper talent to work with next year...jokes,just jokes......and yes,I know we beat the Eels like this last year and we all know what happened.
Settle Smokin. Great win but don’t get ahead of ourselves here. Plenty of big holes in the roster but our stars led by example and the rest rose to the occasion.Des will guide us out of this mess. If Walker wasn’t such s dickhead the eight would not be a pipe dream.

Time to savour this victory . Only Manly supporter in this joint and I’m going to make them pay.

Chez :h: Turbo :h: Chez

giphy.gif

There goes my chance of having an erection again

This whole trip to Christchurch looks to have been a huge success both on and off the field.
All those connected with the team, the support staff etc., take a well-deserved bow. You were respectful to the situation that Christchurch is experiencing and, I'm sure you brought some happiness to many people grieving.
I think it is imperative that the club takes both its 'away' matches to Christchurch next season. Manly can become a Kiwi's "second team".
Let's develop the South Island of NZ as an oasis for recruitment and support.

Turbo revs up Manly as stars shine in thrashing of Warriors
Phil LuttonMarch 30, 2019 — 5.20pm
RUGBY LEAGUE SCOREBOARDRugby LeagueFull fixtures
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/nrl/live-scores?match=467936579
It was worth the wait. Tom Trbojevic has returned in blistering style for Manly, with the star fullback bagging a double as Manly demolished the Warriors in a 46-12 romp in Christchurch.

Daly Cherry-Evans was another in superb touch, finishing with 22 points and claiming a pair of tries of his own, two of which were off Trbojevic assists as the Sea Eagles recorded their first win since Des Hasler returned to Brookvale.

05148c3572289b0b3ed51f7d37f5d58879e33e3e

Cakewalk: Manase Fainu of Manly celebrates scoring at Christchurch Stadium.CREDIT:AAP

New Zealand had so much to play for but after a bright beginning, they never had the class to go with Manly once their big two started controlling proceedings. The visitors were able to withstand long periods of pressure before turning the tables with relative ease.

Trbojevic injured his hamstring in a trial loss to the Sharks and was ruled out for the opening rounds, both of which Manly lost as they found themselves staring down the prospect of being 0-3 for the first time since 2009.

But the Sea Eagles are a different beast with Trbojevic patrolling from the back. With their forwards far more focused and too physical for the Warriors, who did at least top the offload count with 21, Manly were sharp and dangerous whenever they saw any semblance of daylight.

The start was promising enough for the Warriors, with Isaiah Papali'i putting them on the board within two minutes after Manly bungled a kick. It was easy to suspect the same emotional energy that propelled them to a huge opening-round win would surface once again.

But with Trbojevic back in operation, the Sea Eagles weren't down for long. The brilliant fullback began to impose himself on the contest as Manly made easy metres up the field.

7d834918a855b25e2e74f5fbef7a590b4c97274f

Star turn: Tom Trbojevic takes the ball to the line against the Warriors.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS

The NSW star barged over from close range to have Manly level the scores 6-6 after 10 minutes, before leaving defenders in his wake down the right edge to set up Cherry-Evans and give his side a 12-6 lead.

New Zealand had clocked off defensively. The intensity was gone from their tackles and they seemed to be relying on bulk offloads and occasional flashes of brilliance to power their game. They paid the price when Joel Thompson claimed a Cherry-Evans kick after their seven-tackle set went 80m.

It was a cakewalk at that point and the Warriors were desperate for some momentum. Adam Blair obliged when he popped a beautiful offload for Isaac Luke, who was sweating on the second-phase ball and burrowed over to close the gap to six.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was getting himself more ball and causing more trouble. He was beginning to turn Manly defenders inside out, almost breaking the ankles of Kane Elgey with a stutter-step before Trbojevic halted him short of the line. He was getting it done at both ends.

7242a4cc791a2500765a272544daa761729398c2

Almost away: Brad Parker is tackled by Solomone Kata of the Warriors.CREDIT:AAP

Manly were able to take a breath and went back about their business. Reuben Garrick was over but it was called back for a forward pass from Moses Suli, although the respite was brief for the Warriors. Manase Fainu smashed through and Manly had a deserved 24-12 lead at the break.

The Warriors pressed hard to start the second half, earning four straight sets on the Manly line but failing to leave with any points. It was ad-lib football and Manly were able to scramble effectively.

Bunty Afoa took it upon himself to add some starch to the Warriors pack, producing some spirited runs through the middle as the home side gave themselves every chance of climbing back into the contest.

But they simply didn't have the crisp execution required to put Manly under serious pressure. And once it was soaked up, Manly unleashed, with Trbojevic flashing through, then finding Cherry-Evans in support for a 30-12 lead.

A penalty gave Manly even more room and then it was time for the double for Tom Trbojevic. He enjoyed a kind rebound from a kick but was good enough to step through and put the lights out on a disappointing Warriors outfit.

This whole trip to Christchurch looks to have been a huge success both on and off the field.
All those connected with the team, the support staff etc., take a well-deserved bow. You were respectful to the situation that Christchurch is experiencing and, I'm sure you brought some happiness to many people grieving.
I think it is imperative that the club takes both its 'away' matches to Christchurch next season. Manly can become a Kiwi's "second team".
Let's develop the South Island of NZ as an oasis for recruitment and support.
Does anyone know our record for home games in Christchurch? Seems like we go well there.

Settle Smokin. Great win but don’t get ahead of ourselves here. Plenty of big holes in the roster but our stars led by example and the rest rose to the occasion.Des will guide us out of this mess. If Walker wasn’t such s dickhead the eight would not be a pipe dream.

Time to savour this victory . Only Manly supporter in this joint and I’m going to make them pay.
Did you read the last line of my post?In case you didn't get it,it was just a little tongue in cheek dig....

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10