Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 23, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Probably because even though it was an obstruction, instead of continuing on to tackle his man he tried to sell it to the ref and it backfired.

Not his fault but had he just continued to defend we may have prevented the try all together.

And on the second day, God said: "Never put your fate in the hands of the bunker", and so it was.

You seem to be buying Goulds bull**** there. He was impeded. It only takes a fraction to put you out of the defence equation. The rest of the defensive line then gets thrown out. He didn't dive or give up. In fact continuing going right to make the tackle is the logic the bunker used to ok it.

Yep bozo, are we happy to accept a 50 percent goal kicking rating also.
Missing Siro a lot lane a card board cut out.
We did not miss Sirro or 50 tackles on our great win against the quality Roosters side last week
A good side is a consistent side .

We did not miss Sirro or 50 tackles on our great win against the quality Roosters side last week
A good side is a consistent side .
I just believe he gives a a hard nosed forward on the edge.
Consistent anyway on on broncs Friday, stuff the top 4 I want eagles to play finals.

Re:last try, does the attacking player need to run through the line or stop before the line? The fact he made contact with DCE and stayed in our line should that not constitute a penalty, interference....something? where is our advantage by being disadvantaged?

Ouch, that hurt a lot.

But....being a glass half full sort of guy, here are my 3 positives;

1. Avoided Greenturds lovechild @srtone spewing bile at half time (well he may have but missed it).

2. Other results helped us

3. Refs did not crucify us

Today was all about Manly cruising along and not respecting their opposition. You know when you play the Tigers at Leichhardt that they are going to have a red hot dig and you have to match their enthusiasm and limit your errors that deny them opportunities. For 30 minutes Manly did that either side of half time. The Tigers had all the problems down 20-6 and instead of a controlled effort, we got an error riddled period where we conceded two horrible tries from dummy half and gave up two intercepts that got them right back into the game. You know in the modern game that back to back tries are often conceded and we invited them back into the game when we pushed and rushed passes rather than playing the percentages. Our ball control cost us at vital times and our indiscipline hurt us. I take into account that this is a team that is developing and learning. We got our pants pulled down and spanked by a team that fed off our errors in the second half and we should never have given them a sniff. They may be at the bottom but they have quality in their team and in the last 20 they took all the good options and we kept giving up the pill. This is a team in progress and what they lacked today was control and something they will need to do if they are to challenge the top teams. Young Tommy is a composed player but the intercepts he conceded changed the nature of the game. Young Brad Parker has to be more careful with the ball because we get through that set and they have to run a long way to have a chance of getting the winning try. Leichhardt is a grave yard for Manly teams of recent years and like Brookvale and what it means to us, its the same for the Tigers there. Really soft defeat at a critical stage and it will cost us aspirations of the top 4. They have to regroup and put in a good performance against the dogs or we will suffer the same fate.

I noticed Trent Barrett or Api didn't make a fuss (or bring it up unless I missed it) about the last try and were pretty much saying that we cost ourselves the game . Very true indeed !
Capture.JPG

A good meter forward, but lines woman missed it :mad:

Last edited:
Spare my days....
Don't start this rubbish again.
The spectre of 2010 came back to haunt me. In season '10 Manly were leading the Tigers 20-4, then beaten 26-22.
That was a bad year for that "snatched from the jaws of victory" thing.
Not only that, but Stewart did his knee when he tackled that dikhead Tuquiri when he scored the winning try and was out for the year

Only complacency and/or the Leichhardt factor could defeat us. We can't let them get on a roll and then have to play catch-up...it doesn't work. As long as our defence is solid and we play like a top 8 side, we should win well :nod:

Really looking forward to my first game day at Leichhardt :rock: Hoping its a happy experience and not a disaster like WIN Stadium was recently :tmi:

Go Manly!! :clap:

I hope you're not thinking of going to NZ in round 25!! (I'm assuming you've already been to ANZ)

I hope you're not thinking of going to NZ in round 25!! (I'm assuming you've already been to ANZ)
Forget it, no way! (and assumption correct)

It was a lovely experience at Leichhardt (heaps better than WIN Stadium)....just a damn shame about the result.

Good day to be at work by the sounds of things. Should i bother with the replay or will it just upset me?

Forget it, no way! (and assumption correct)

It was a lovely experience at Leichhardt (heaps better than WIN Stadium)....just a damn shame about the result.
I refuse to go to Leichhardt again, been there around six times over the past 40 years and have never seen a win there, nothing has changed, just the parking is a lot worse now

Inexperience. Thats all I'm putting it down to today. It was apparent that Tommy's intercepts caused a momentum swing against us, but thats footy, going to happen in every game in some way shape or form. Some have rightly said that the 08-11 team wouldn't have lost that, but the 03-06 team probably would have, and we're rebuilding like we were in those years. Today stung, but we'll learn, Tommy will learn, he's a gun and set up Cherry's try. Onwards and upwards.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8