Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 23, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Honestly I blame DCE and Green for that loss, 100%.

They have to take ownership of the games and don't seem to have the ability to do that. Leading 20-4 against wooden spooners and getting beaten is a black mark on their play.
Green yes But Dce was trying his guts out was putting himself in front of runners and tackling well a note for the rest of the forwards except jake puts his body on the line not like some of our forwards today
I do think Dce tried to get us out of it but Green seemed to be missing at times when we needed it

They have to take ownership of the games and don't seem to have the ability to do that. Leading 20-4 against wooden spooners and getting beaten is a black mark on their play.
Too right !!!
Instead of our halves steering the ship to cruise ahead when we were well in front they let us float in uncertain waters and some of their team mates did not row the boat well either .

I tend to agree with this, though I would put it more on Green. I think this game shows us how important he is to the team. When he plays solid and controls the game, especially with his kicking game in the attacking zone, we look a much better side. He was so off today and we were left relying on DCE to do it all. When we rely on DCE it's hit and miss with a greater emphasis on individual brilliance.

You can't blame the refs. For once we got an even share of the penalties.
We lost it.
We had two many players who couldn't handle the pressure.
You can't blame DCE; he did everything he could. But Green is not a matchwinner. For someone who is talked about as bringing composure to a team he failed today.
That was such a frustrating match.
I say in future when the draw comes out and we have to play at WIN Stadium or Leichhardt we just concede the two points. Our blokes - no matter the makeup of the team - consistently lose to lesser opposition at these two grounds.

Yes, but for my own sanity, I NEEDED a win today. On the flipping verge of tears, and I'm being honest.

Hey Ryan, we deserved to win it mate. It hurts when we get robbed and if you need to cry, just let it out.

I think for me knowing that we had today's win taken away by very poor officiating makes it worse. I go on internal rants about how unfair the world is etc.

And at the moment I am just hoping that the neighbours have not called the police on me. I have almost lost my voice from swearing profusively at the T.V. and well it was very, very loud and could be mistaken for bad behaviour of some sort.

Anyway, thinking of you mate....! And even though I don't know you personally, I support you.....!

Green must be one of the most ordinary defenders running around.

Honestly he wasn't any better last year at Melbourne. The difference is those around him. On his side of the field in defence this year is or has been Winterstein, Kelly/Parker and Taufua/Wright. Not exactly defensive combinations for the ages.

That was a bull**** call to not make the tigers win but make Manly lose.

I'd cop it if we lost on our own (as we almost did) but that last call has been a penalty for the last 3 or so years! @:mad:

We've been told time and time again the lead runner MUST run THROUGH the defensive line otherwise it's a penalty.

Today for the first time in years they forgot their own rule!

We can kick ourselves up the arse all we like about how we stuffed up but we did enough to win until the refs and bunker got involved.

I can cop a loss but I'm furious! @:mad:

That was a bull**** call that even the bunker had to rewind 4 times as he saw the lead runner STAY in the defensive line.

He probably had greenturd on the other line saying "give it, give it!"

No wonder so many people are getting turned off the game when they change the rules each week to suit which teams they want to win.

F*^k off NRL, you're corrupt!

Defensively we've been poor since mid season. They've gone to water in defense and unless someone finds an answer then the Warriors and Dogs will beat us too. If we hang in there then the Panfers will knock us out rd 26.

I'd cop it if we lost on our own (as we almost did) but that last call has been a penalty for the last 3 or so years! @:mad:

We've been told time and time again the lead runner MUST run THROUGH the defensive line otherwise it's a penalty.

We can kick ourselves up the arse all we like about how we stuffed up but we did enough to win until the refs and bunker got involved.

That was a bull**** call that even the bunker had to rewind 4 times as he saw the lead runner STAY in the defensive line.

No wonder so many people are getting turned off the game when they change the rules each week to suit which teams they want to win.

They were probably listening to Gould and we all know why he was so adamant that it was a try.

Yep I'll watch the rest of our games, but once we're done I'm turning the NRL off. I've lost count of the amount of games that have been decided by the bunker and co. What don't the bunker understand about the decoy must run through the line?

They were probably listening to Gould and we all know why he was so adamant that it was a try.

I'd cop it if it has been a try for the last few years but it hasn't.

Forget about Cherry coming in or out, the lead runner stayed in the line and it's no try.......until Manly look like going above Parra on the ladder and suddenly we'll change our rules. @:mad:

I bet the papers wont go on about a referee 'howler' like they did about parra.

Diff being the ref was right in parra's game... in ours, not so sure. Maybe if dce dived as is the status quo.

I'm just so.... disappointed. It's like a bad dream.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8