Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 23, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The officials did no drop balls, miss tackles and throw intercepts . Take away that sht from our games and we would have won

I realise that we had a less than average day in the office.

But all things equal in the officiating and we win 100% and that is all I am saying, (definitely not excusing some of our poor plays though might I add.)

giphy.gif

The last call was bad, it was an obstruction, however, the game should never have gotten to that point. We have one speed and if it gets out of our control we don't have another gear, its just the single speed we were going hoping it gets us home.

I don't think anyone is saying the refs were the reason for our poor second half form, just that if that was the Storm, its an obstruction and they win the game.

Those little differences and bias against how rules are interpreted depending on which club individually is what really gets under my skin the most.

There's 50% of clubs that call goes against 90% of the time and its always a green rub for some clubs. It would be unbelievable were it not so obvious that this is how the competition is officiated.

Last edited:
On the NRL site the highlights don't even mention the obstruction and celebrate the forward pass. Even Tedesco when interviewed after the game said he was worried about the obstruction when it went to the bunker. Which translated in player language goes something like this "Yeah it was an obstruction...we have to thank Tony Archer for that one."

We weren't great but that was a textbook obstruction. Ball runner took ball inside the decoy who stopped in the line right in front of Cherry. Gould blew a fuse on behalf of his Panthers no doubt knowing the bunker listen to the nine commentary.

I don't post very often and may get howled down but I am too annoyed to give a damn atm. We can kick & scream plus blame the refs all we want but the simple fact is that we choked today. DCE went to play for an obstruction and lost out. He could have just as well went for his man and we may have stopped the try. Yes the pass was forward but it happens every week. We have had some go in our favour as well this year.
This stupid substitution / tactic of Brown on for Api with 15 - 20 mins to go in the game has to be thrown in the trash heap. I am quite confident that Api can play the full game .Getting rid of a vital player like Api plus good defender is not a great tactic and we lose momentum at times because of it.
I just went on the NRL match centre and apparently we made 279 tackles and missed 54. That is only just over 83%. Not going to win too many games tackling like that.
Also this season reminds me a bit of 2005. In 2004 we had a rookie coach in Des. I think we went 9 wins and 15 losses with some massive losses against us. Barrett in his first year went 8 and 16. In 2005 we were in the top 4 for the first half of the year then forgot how to tackle and finished 12 wins and 12 losses then bundled out in week one by Parra 46-22. This year we were 10 and 5 now 12/9. After 15 rounds this year we were third in defence now we must be close to the bottom four.
I am a realist and if at the start of the year that someone had said to me that my beloved Sea Eagles would have been 12 wins and 9 losses after rd 23 then I would have said "awesome". We are not quite there as a premiership contender yet but we are as an improving team on the rise !

Very disappointing loss.
Our next two games are against teams that continue losing as well.
For some reason I worry about this more than playing winning teams.
The not tackling the ball runner is really annoying me. They keep doing that. Very frustrating.

Have never seen DCE lose it like he did when the ref ruled try at the end there. Wasn't at the press conference either.

Probably because even though it was an obstruction, instead of continuing on to tackle his man he tried to sell it to the ref and it backfired.

Not his fault but had he just continued to defend we may have prevented the try all together.

And on the second day, God said: "Never put your fate in the hands of the bunker", and so it was.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8