Manly V Storm teams, stats, chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
you mean the one with Lyon at 5/8 and robbo on the wing Doug?

Not to mention a certain S Menzies in the team and one B Stewart at fullback??

Dan link said:
this game won't be won through the forwards, an slater will carve us up especially with our \"come here for a cuddle\" defense. Unless watmough and bailey learn how to mean what they are doing when they are defending the big hit ups and set plays for slater. That anyone is confident astounds me

All games are built through the forwards though mate, and that should at least give us a bit of extra room to work hopefully

The game at Brookie last season Slater was quiet and in the GF we absolutely smashed him nearly every time he had the ball, Stewart started it and Matai and Co continued it. 2 ways to look at that maybe, either Des has him sorted out, or Slater is due. I hope it is option 1

My tip for the night is that Lyon will own Inglis in both facets of the game. It may come back and bite me, but I think Lyon will handle him pretty well, and also show up some of his lazy defensive efforts with his footwork, like Gasnier did in Origin 1 last season

"The game at Brookie last season Slater was quiet"
Kiwi are you forgetting his break on the inside pass at the ruck and his half volley pick up off the chip just before half time! The result was two tries and that was the ball game as it turns out. I agree that he wasn't as dominate as other times but anyone who thinks they have him worked out is asking for trouble.

I agree that the fowards are the key. You can carry a couple that are down on "attitude" but when the majority are not fired up to the required levels each week you end up winning about two games out of every seven.

Kiwi I dont know which game you were watching but they won off the back of a slater move just before half time.

You are kidding yourself

Wasn't it a Cronk chip, Slater pickup, Folau try just before half time ?

1st try I remember vividly, 3 consecutive forward passes from dummy half from Quarterback Smith with the 3rd putting Slater through the hole

I am talking in terms of where most people consider Slater the most dangerous, on the kick return, and he hasn't harmed us there the past 2 games. He will do what he does in the set moves, his kick returns are the key for me. Shut them down and their forwards will battle more

The Storm big three have been quite this year. Most teams have figured out the rumble up the middle and kick to Folaou (when he's not there) isn't going to work

Eagles to go biff

30 Apr 09 @ 04:01pm by JASON AVEDISSIAN

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au...-get-physical/

WHEN Manly prop Brent Kite aimed up and belted Michael Crocker in last year’s grand final replay at Brookvale Oval, it was a significant moment in the Sea Eagles run-in towards claiming the NRL title.
Melbourne won that night last August, but it was the first time Des Hasler’s men firmly believed they could beat the 2007 champions.
Two months later those feelings were vindicated when Manly thumped the Storm 40-0 to win the premiership.
The Sea Eagles will again be told to muscle up when they face their arch-rivals in what is tipped to be a spicy clash at Brookvale Oval on Friday night.
“It brings out the best in us,” Kite said of Manly’s intense rivalry with the Storm.
“We are both pretty hungry for a win.
“But a round eight victory is not going to compare to a GF.”
Not by a long shot. But another loss tonight could send the Sea Eagles season spinning out of control. With the Broncos in Brisbane looming next Sunday, Manly desperately need two premiership points tonight or face a chilly winter by the beaches.
“Both teams will use this game to get back on track, to try and kick-start something for the season,” fullback Michael Robertson said.
“We are not riding on anything that happened last year. Hopefully we can get a win and start a bit of a charge.”
A run towards the games that matter in September. Naturally the Storm won’t be easy with an abundance of game-breakers sprinkled in their talented unit.
Storm second-rower Ryan Hoffman is one of them, also keen to get one over the NRL champions.
“Grand final replays are always big and both teams are looking forward to putting in good performances because I suppose both teams have not reached their potential this year,” he explained to The Manly Daily.
“I know for us it’s going to be a good gauge on our season. It’s still early days and we are confident we can still be there at the end of the year. But, any time you are playing Manly at Brookvale it’s a big game. They are quite proud of being very hard to beat on the northern beaches. We have always had great games at Brookvale and are expecting a really tough contest again.”

Toyota cup
Manly 12 (Davey,Bennett tries Davey 2/2 goals)
Storm 16 (Jerome,Duffie,Woolford tries Widdop 2/3 goals)

****, not a good start to the night

However to look for a positive, we hardly ever picked up both grades on the same night last season

Orford soft cock dive got exactly what it deserved - nothing - I'd be happy with that is they weren't always given the other way on every other occasion.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6