Manly V Storm teams, stats, chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
SEA EAGLES:
Sea Eagles vs Storm - Team Line-up
Manly Sea Eagles
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=16015
Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler has named an unchanged line-up for this Friday's Grand Final Replay. George Rose has been added to a 5 man bench.

1 Michael Robertson
2 David Williams
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 Michael Bani
6 Chris Bailey
7 Matt Orford (c)
8 Brent Kite
9 Matt Ballin
10 Josh Perry
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Glenn Hall
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14 Heath L’Estrange
15 Jason King
16 Adam Cuthbertson
17 Shane Rodney
21 George Rose

Coach: Des Hasler

STORM: 1. Billy Slater 2. Steve Turner 3. Will Chambers 4. Greg Inglis 5. Joseph Tomane 6. Brett Finch 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jeff Lima 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Adam Blair 11. Wairangi Koopu 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Dallas Johnson
Interchange: 14. Ryan Hinchcliffe 15. Matt Cross 16. Aiden Tolman 17. Brett White; Reserves: 18. Hep Cahill 19. Scott Anderson

Match Officials
TBA

Their forwards and bench are woeful and their backs arent as worrying as they were in the past, Inglis and Slater the exceptions.

I assume Lyon will mark Inglis which is good, control Smith around the rucks and we should win this.

Bookmark Email Print Small Text Large Text Rss Facebook
Print this page | Return to site
Sea Eagles vs Storm - Team Line-up
Manly Sea Eagles
Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler has named an unchanged line-up for this Friday's Grand Final Replay. George Rose has been added to a 5 man bench.

1 Michael Robertson
2 David Williams
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 Michael Bani
6 Chris Bailey
7 Matt Orford (c)
8 Brent Kite
9 Matt Ballin
10 Josh Perry
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Glenn Hall
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14 Heath L’Estrange
15 Jason King
16 Adam Cuthbertson
17 Shane Rodney
21 George Rose

Coach: Des Hasler

Toyota Cup
After surviving a tough encounter in Townsville Dave Penna's undefeated Toyota Cup side has been buoyed by the return of William Hopoate. The Sea Eagles will field a strong team but they are still without play makers Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran.

1 William Hopoate
2 Michael Oldfield
3 Matt Grieve
4 Blake Davey
5 David Sheehan
6 Scott Blanch
7 Brad Bennett
8 Lama Tasi
9 Liam Higgins
10 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
11 Michael Tiopira
12 Darcy Lussick
13 Jamie Buhrer (c)

Interchange
14 Mitchell Porter
15 Chris Stolk
16 Todd Wilson
17 Shane Gray

Coach David Penna

shock horror. no changes. 5 losses from 7 games.. giving up in games.. rewarded by a spot in the 17.

There should be no loyalty.. especially to those who werent in the 17 in the final.

KaZa link said:
shock horror. no changes. 5 losses from 7 games.. giving up in games.. rewarded by a spot in the 17.

There should be no loyalty.. especially to those who werent in the 17 in the final.

So you are saying Bani, Bailey, Rodney and Cuthbo are the problem ? I'd say they are far from the worst offenders at the moment.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=KaZa link=topic=180242.msg220780#msg220780 date=1240903180]

So you are saying Bani, Bailey, Rodney and Cuthbo are the problem ? I'd say they are far from the worst offenders at the moment.
[/quote]

I meant in general mate. I wasnt targeting those who werent with us. I just dont believe in loyalty in performances.. if hes off form.. take him out.

I actually think Rodney and Cuthbo have been our best.

Id drop King Perry and Hall. Kite and G Stewart and Watmough need kicks up the arses.

Its all good and well to drop people but you should only do it if you think the players you are bringing in are going to improve the team.

So the question is, do you think bringing in Rose, Mauro and Hargraves gives us a better chance of beating the Storm than having King, Perry and Hall?

I think not!

wouldnt bring in Mauro..  id bring in Tony Williams... i think playing centre and for 80 minutes for his first game back was rough... 20 min spurts off teh bench in the forwards will be alot more suited to his size.

KaZa link said:
wouldnt bring in Mauro..  id bring in Tony Williams... i think playing centre and for 80 minutes for his first game back was rough... 20 min spurts off teh bench in the forwards will be alot more suited to his size.

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles

Players:
1.  Dennis SANDOW
2.  Michael CHAPMAN
3.  Andrew SUNIULA
4.  Rob GODFREY
5.  Ryan WALKER
6.  Jack PEARSON
7.  Trent HODKINSON
13. John MUIR
12. Jon GRIEVE
11. Tony WILLIAMS
10. Vic MAURO
9.  Paul COHEN
8.  Phil MORWOOD

Interchange:
14. Junior PALAU
15. Ben WHIDDON

Coach: Brandon COSTIN

good to see him getting some game time in the 2nd row.

hopefully be back soon pressuring these guys who arent performing.

Finally caught the game v. cowboys (thanks robbiea for putting me onto diwana). we hadn't won there for yonks so I was never confident of going there even before stewart's injury. But we could have won that game as we did enough of the hard stuff up the middle, and created enough opportunities. We matched it mostly v. a tough pack, kept their danger guys pretty quiet until we invited them to beat us. I can't agree with the criticisms of watmough, or even king and perry in that game. the pigs had a serious dig and did enough. watmough was as tough as, even if he missed some tackles. cuthbo is going great!

But, it was as if having made the big break or created the overlap the players had somehow talked themselves out of the killer blow because stewart wasn't next to them to walk it over the line.

so I see this storm game as a major crunch game. teams that lose alot tend to play well enough to attain a winning platform in games but fall into the habit of f**king it up for themselves. I think we're at a forking path between this kind of rut, and regaining a winning confidence. the goal should be to win all the home games before stewart returns, and whatever away games we can reasonably expect to get away with as a bonus.  

it's a home game, the gf replay, and we need the f**king 2 points. GO MANLY.

True Ian.  It's a confidence thing.  For this game I wouldn't stray from the team list that Hasler has chosen.  This IS the crunch game for our season and if these guys who won it for us last year don't do it on Friday night, then wholesale changes must be demanded.  If we play like we did in the cowgirls game for a full 80, and look for support, then we will win this and go on from there.     

i saw theres a flu (not swine :p) going around the manly camp... but i missed the part they said 1 player was imparticularly affected.. anyone hear who that was.

KaZa link said:
i saw theres a flu (not swine :p) going around the manly camp... but i missed the part they said 1 player was imparticularly affected.. anyone hear who that was.

we will lose. by 14+

Dan link said:
[quote author=KaZa link=topic=180242.msg220855#msg220855 date=1240969097]

we will lose. by 14+
[/quote]
Indeed, especially if their rolling out excuses already. :-\

A 40-0 chant during the game could knock the Storm out of their concentration.  Unfortunately my voice isn't loud enough to get things started  :-\

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6