Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It was 30-12 against the storm with 2 min before half time. Full time 30-26

Pathetic first half, brilliant second half.

Mixed reactions, proud but at first half seriously felt like throwing my fridge at the tv

The Drizzle will win this but I hope you pricks on here give credit where credit is due.

A shocking first half, followed by a much improved second half.

Our boys NEVER threw the towel in!!

It's one that got away, which you will see often with a side that is rebuilding.

Lawrence was all class, as he always has been. Perrett went well also.

A really good second half by the boys. For me though the Kelly no try was an absolute momentum killer. If he scores I reckon we go on and win. Not blaming Kelly ( @Mark from Brisbane) as slaters shoulder did get in the way but wow what could have been particularly after that atrocious start to the match.

Was lost in the first 20 minutes with kicks out on the full and poor defence. After that we defended well, was looking like it was going to be 50-0 until we kicked into gear.
Great effort to only go down by 4.

Green had another shocker. Hastings was phenomenal at 9, got our boys running onto the ball and did well defensively. He should be our number 9

Yo
No Kevin. You take your little lover boy and heroes comments as gospel. Woodsie twisted those comments. As he went onto one of his left field rages, he suggested I got on a play date with his 5 year old niece (belittling my opinion). Later in the conversation, I said HE was the one that suggested I go on a playdate with his neice. He turned that into me calling him a pedophile, and tried to sway (and succeeded) in convincing others in his bull**** (and you ate it, hook, line and sinker). That just makes you a pushover and sheep. Honestly, pretty dumb as well.
Y are a d1ck. We lost, but not by much. Go back to Norths you little anal worm. In fact you annoy and irritate me so much, that you are now the first person on my ignore list. Seyanora Ryan.

time to unload all the frustration.
1. good fight back from the boyz against good opposition
2. Now we know why green was let go,
3. DCE needs to give back half his pay today,
4. Defence is a Friken joke,
5. Lewis brown should be in NSW cup at best

A really good second half by the boys. For me though the Kelly no try was an absolute momentum killer. If he scores I reckon we go on and win. Not blaming Kelly ( @Mark from Brisbane) as slaters shoulder did get in the way but wow what could have been particularly after that atrocious start to the match.

Gasnier put that down to great defence by Billy, I thought it was more luck with Billy's arm getting in the way with a lot of luck.

We dont attack with our defence every one crabs sideways.
Wow its good to see our forwards get pass on there chest.
So much potential out there just absolute times of ****, our pigs need to look to offload more. I say it again blake green is a fuking terrible defender

At the risk of yet another Troll rating...

You simply cant give up 30 points in the first half and expect to win.
In saying that, our defence was much improved in the second half. Aside from a little luck when Slater stopped the Kelly try, who knows what may have eventuated.

I am bitterly dissapointed in that first half defence though. 26 points scored should win you games 99% of the time.

Missed opportunity today.

Yeah yeah blah blah with great courage 2nd half blah blah. It's loser sht talk. We played like Z grade 1st half and there are massive defensive problems with this team. The coaching on our left edge defense is non existent. The 2nd half we had a mountain of possession. The Storm were starved. I'm sick of this sht. 1 from 5 home games. We are bottom 4 material and will be until we find a defensive ruthless streak which this coaching staff isn't capable of.

cherry Evans did nothing today wtf is wrong with him. your all pointing to green but he got us back he organized our team well cherry did nothing at all. Can any of you remember one thing he did? did siro play ?time for lane to start

We are getting caned in the small 1%ers. We have an abundance of talent (more than the Storm), but we kill ourselves with lack of composure and control.

Stuff like...
  • kicking off out on the full (TWICE)
  • Kicking the ball dead on the last in their attacking zone (and not a single forced dropout)
  • a low percentage kick on a big break, when we should hold the ball and take a tackle with more tackles up our sleeve
  • kicking on the 4th in the attacking zone when no teammates expect it
  • DCE running and getting tackled on the 4th leaving a major attacking option out of play
  • trusting the defensive structures and sticking to them (not panicking and improvising individually)
  • not having a reliable goal kicker

It's so frustrating because these are really simple manageable things. It's not like we lack talent or need to squeeze points out of an average bunch of football players. If they just focused on these 1%ers and committed to improving them (every single player) we would see a quantum leap in performance. In fact, I think the 3 wins hinted at what's possible when those 1%ers are done right.

Cameron smith just gave us a plug , well done mate. I hate him but i love him . Well done boys just fix up that left edge.

Better attitude out of the sheds, Hastings to 9 and Cullen a shot at 6.

Good to see some ticker . Kelly scores and we win. Need to go easy on this kid. He is a star in the making. Loved Perrtets work. Hope he is not injured.

Raiders game should be a cracker.

If we can find the key to this side we are top 8.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8