Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Round 18, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
18 4 Pines Park
02 Jul 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

To be fair they still had 7 international players...

We have played better and lost games like that. First time I can remember in a while we won a close one where by all rights the other team prob deserved the result.

A promising sign but also a clear indicator where we sit without turbo

Ye

Yes they had outs but please, NSW cup side?? With teddy, manu, Keary, Radley, jwh, Collins?? Some sort of NSW cup side - even for the rorters.
List the outs mate. As Soup said (I haven't checked), 10 normal starting players out of 17. That's almost jersey gate level outs.

Roosters will win plenty of more matches with that defensive form showed tonight. Round 23 could well be a defining match.
I don't disagree with that they just won't win enough matches to make the 8

Maybe proved wrong but let's see how things fall.

Considering Schu and Burbo won the match for Manly, it was strange.
Schu threw a pass to a man in hole that any of us could've scored but yeah "won the match".
Shyster went closer to helping the Roosters win than us.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 18
Roosters: 16

357424423_838704167687833_6725132026238699215_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Sea Eagles Judiciary News: TBA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schu threw a pass to a man in hole that any of us could've scored but yeah "won the match".
Shyster went closer to helping the Roosters win than us.

Don't be silly ,,, what the 15 other players did for the other 79 min and 55 seconds didn't make any contribution to the win at all ...

Mate, forget the ground, it was clear everywhere. They were given PLENTY of latitude.

Not going to lie, this is a game we should have won, and won well given the Roosters outs. Pretty well close to their NSW Cup team, and key players were missing.

I don't know how to feel here. Like you, let's take the W, and enjoy it, they are pretty rare for us right now.

Missed the first half, so I'll suss it out tonight. What I DID see, Chez and Garrick were the standouts.
Any team with Teddy, JWH, Manu, Collins, Radley, Tupou ain’t NSW Cup. I thought today the chooks were glaringly offside all day. We were bad in parts but to put it in perspective, Phins had been pasted by 50 in their past couple only to take the broncs to the wire. We need to be better but there ain’t a lot in these contests these days. Unless you’re the Dogs or the Tigers lol

That Nat (or Nate?? they change it sometimes) is good, would like him on our team.
JWH dirty eye gouge looked on purpose to me, don't think he was put on report.
Chez good, Rubes good, Jake good.
Parker had good and bad moments, Manu is tough to mark though.
Glad we got the win but it should've been easier, made it tough for themselves.

Bull only on for 10mins

Commentators call it line speed, WTF
Yeah, most times they are off side but to be fair, we have little or no line speed ourselves. Thats where the top teams get the better of us. Our defence was mostly really good but Tui really struggles. Don't know what we do about our line speed. Once we're going backwards, we're toast.

That Nat (or Nate?? they change it sometimes) is good, would like him on our team.
I thought Koulas defence was pretty good today as well. Pulled off some great tackles. And Tuilagi has come back with some real mongrel.

Yeah, most times they are off side but to be fair, we have little or no line speed ourselves. Thats where the top teams get the better of us. Our defence was mostly really good but Tui really struggles. Don't know what we do about our line speed. Once we're going backwards, we're toast.

Line speed is a direct result of play the ball speed ... if your defence is back waiting for the ball to be played .. they can move up quickly ..

If your defence is still getting back when the ball is played you are flat footed and rooted ..

It gets back to winning the ruck or wrestle.

Glad it wasn't just me with manly glasses,I thought Sips should have complained on field and had the barsted sent off.
He had 2 goes in the one tackle and you could on the second he put pressure there

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10