Manly v Penriff [Round 25 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
"I don't want to say too much but I think Jamie may have done his ACL," Toovey said.

"He will have scans tomorrow but the initial diagnosis is not great and he is pretty upset about the whole thing and rightly so.

"He has been playing some really good football for us.

Steve Matai is on report for a first half shoulder charge on Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

"That's just ridiculous," Toovey said.

Soward complained bitterly to the referees that Penrith were robbed of vital seconds after Symonds' try when the time-keeper failed to stop the clock.

Cleary said the try should have gone to the video ref.

"I would have liked them to have gone to the video, I thought some of those chasers were close (to offside), it would have stopped the clock too, which would have been nice," he said.

Read more: http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/buhrers-season-over-after-epic-manly-win-20140831-3emu4.html

globaleagle said:
HappilyManly said:
Spud and JoeG were in the crowd as well as the INXS guy with Layne Beachly.
:D yes, I can never spell his name.

They live locally and he is such a down to earth guy considering his INXS career. Funny seeing him at the shops, like a 'real' person :p

lol....The inxs guy! sheesh!

Kirk Pengilly

:cool:

Great to see some of the old Manly players in the crowd today in the north western corner. These included the one and only Wombat Eadie, Russel Gartner, The Mule, Michael Blake, Martin Meredith and Matt Nable.

How great was it to hear about the car load of Panthers supporters that left early and were hooning up Beacon Hill Ave after Sowards field goal. They apparently gave it to people deluxe. They would have been around Frenchs Forest by the time reality hit them......

Was at the game and have just watched the replay. Stoked that we won.

I think that will be the last win of the season,

Penrith had a reserve team on. I can't see us going any further.

Will be happy if I'm wrong but nothing indicates I will be.

HappilyManly said:
globaleagle said:
HappilyManly said:
Spud and JoeG were in the crowd as well as the INXS guy with Layne Beachly.

lol....The inxs guy! sheesh!

Kirk Pengilly

:cool:

:D yes, I can never spell his name.

They live locally and he is such a down to earth guy considering his INXS career. Funny seeing him at the shops, like a 'real' person :p

That's good to know....'cause I'd probably be a bit of a doofusy type fan if I bumped into him.

All you other posters just aren't funny! :p knob goblins

voicefromthehill said:
How great was it to hear about the car load of Panthers supporters that left early and were hooning up Beacon Hill Ave after Sowards field goal. They apparently gave it to people deluxe. They would have been around Frenchs Forest by the time reality hit them......

Seriously why the **** would you do that?

Firstly if you were winning, stay there and soak it up! Secondly, unless it's mathematically impossible to lose, why go off early? Nothing more embarrassing then when you think you've won and let a few sledges hit the opposition only to end up losing.

Actually reminds me of a soccer game I played 15 years back, we were leading 4 nil with 15 to go. And one of the opposition players hit me hard in a tackle (I was the centre back) I said 'eff off mate and look at the score board'. He proceeded to score 5 goals in the next 15mins.......I just said 'geez don't I look like a d&&&&'

nrl.com....

Disappointed yet upbeat Penrith coach Ivan Cleary is fully confident a heartbreaking last-gasp 26-25 loss to Manly at Brookvale Oval on Sunday won't derail the team's season, insisting they will be strong enough to learn from the defeat rather than let it get to them.

well that's good to know....seeing as there is one round to go.....

edit: as I said before, I hope hiku works on his defence, but also that was a mighty fine grab off kingy's pass that went behind him. well done!

voicefromthehill said:

Mate, reality hit them when they drove over the hill on the way TO the ground and they saw God's country in all it's finest glory today.

We are on the front and back page of the SMH. All is right with the world, at least until I finish the first cup of coffee.

I watched the game last night and I thought we played pretty well. In the 2nd half particularly I saw some long missing aggression and mongrel.

A couple of points of note.
1. Penrith played their GF yesterday. They were on big time and that caught us by surprise.
2. I doubt Jamie will ever make another intercept error again, let alone 2 in one game.
3. Soward was clearly 3 metres off side when he ran up and took the intercept so should have been no try.
4. No Lawrence and Ballin & Buhrer going off with injury left us short of troops.

This was a small step in the right direction.

Ralphie said:
3. Soward was clearly 3 metres off side when he ran up and took the intercept so should have been no try.

Noticed that as well, the camera angle showed it very clearly. He was well offside from the moment the scrum was packed, yet no one said a word about it.

HappilyManly said:
https://www.nrl.com/rd-25-magic-moment-sea-eagles-v-panthers/tabid/10959/contentid/683190/tabindex/4/default.aspx

Good Morning Silvertails :D
I watched the highlight reel about 4 times last night. I think I'll watch the full match replay after work.
I know we weren't clinical like the wrestling, stepping off the mark, cheating vermin, or the SBRoosters - back your own defence to bash others senseless, but Manly vs the Riff, mistakes and all, was way more exciting than those wrestle mania matches.
Especially for Manly fans.
Go Manly!
I better go to work.:D

Watched the game again last night and feeling a bit better about it.

The misdirected passing was just weird and hopefully a one off.

A lot went against us. 2 of the 1st 4 penalties were because we got in their way walking off the mark. I think idris actually played the ball ON the try line and we got penalised!

The penalty goal - still no idea what that was for. Gould can be annoying but at least he says if he thinks a penalty is BS. Without him it was just "another penalty for Penrith in the ruck there" and now back to what we were talking about before with no replay.

Forward pack is now at crisis level though with both Buhrer and Gift gone.

Agree that Soward was offside in his intercept try. You could see it clearly on the TV.

Had a look at T-Reds match winning try and in particular what Ivan Cleary said about our players possibly being offside. Sorry Ivan, all Manly players were in fact onside. Its clearly shown in the replay so it would have been a try even if they did go to the video ref.

Gotta love Kingdog's effort in that try. Quickest hands I've seen from a veteran front rower in a long time. And also T-Red for being outside Peta to actually score. I thought Peta might have been a chance to go himself but he used his head and made sure of it by giving it to Symonds because Soward was next to no chance of stopping him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8