Manly v Penriff [Round 25 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
shazza said:
voicefromthehill said:
Did anyone see what happened in the North Eastern corner in the lap after the game? Someone (a Manly member) had some words to DCE, the way tough guys usually do - behind a fence and after he had gone past. Whatever it was It was enough for DCE to stop turn around and offer to have a discussion near the change rooms (can't confirm exact words but the finger pointing and facial expression doesn't usually mean 'thanks mate, let's grab a beer').

In the end Snake and Choc coaxed him away, but the question is

What was said?
Hi voicefromthehill
I was seated very close to the fan that gave DCE a serve. He was mouthing off about how bad Manly and DCE played - using very colourful language. DCE told him to keep his mouth shut as there were kids around. The guy kept saying stuff and again DCE told him not to use that language in front of the kids. My friend that was with me copped the same rant just before DCE passed by. My son actually has some of it on video on his phone - it's not very clear though.

Must have been the day for it. I was up on the hill about half way and some bloke (sorry to say a Manly supporter) was yelling abuse about anything Penrith. Once, twice, every 5 minutes....fine.

But non-stop for an hour and a half ? The lone Penrith supporter in front did well not to deck the loudmouth. Some people clearly shouldn't drink.

If the result wasn't so brilliant, it would have ruined the whole day.

Sea Eagles v Panthers @ Brookvale Sun 31 Aug 2014

That win was ridiculous.

Once again we (Manly) made too many mistakes, though to the Panthers’ credit their defense was very good and aggressive to disrupt and shut us down well on many plays.

It was disappointing to see us stumble about and fail to execute our top-notch plays in many areas of the field so often again as we have the past month.
Thankfully we lifted well during the past 20 mins, but honestly it looked a bit frantic at times, rather than lifting and playing well.

Foz, Snake & DCE all appeared to attempt to inject themselves better and more, and Peta, Jorge & Kingy all put in more solid performances which was good.

There’s no denying there was a bit of luck involved in snatching that win, but geez it was great to see that last play come off with the winning try!

With so many mistakes and poor plays in that match, if both teams replicate those kind of performances in the finals they’ll be gone real quick.

Went to this game and it was great to go – love Brookvale Oval, but there were simply too many people there since many were standing in areas where no-one normally does blocking many people’s view behind unfortunately.
That aside it was great to be a part of a big full crowd in the beautiful suburban ground in the sun.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8