Manly v Parra Brookie Round 1?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Depends on the build up we have leading into the game.

Last year the media had us world beaters after 2 easy trials and gave the dogs no chance round 1, they were heavy outsides.

Then we got a major reality check and the season fell apart from there.

I hope we have a better start next year but don't like our chances round 1.

That's actually correct IIRC correctly. Remember, we were being talked about as top 4 while everyone was saying that the bigger Dogs forwards would struggle with the new interchange rule.

Walker was supposed to turn into this great running 5/8 and make us forget all about Foran. Myles was supposed to play like it was Origin while Kapow was supposed to just steamroll everyone in his path.

It didn't work out that way though. We looked like a rabble out there that night and it sadly set the tone for the season.

If we are pumped and Barrett has the team ready and has a good off season we should be good enough to beat parra at home but I'm very doubtful parra will be less fired up than us, hope we win though of course cause I hate parra to the bone like all of you should.

I don't think they are better than our side, I have left our .3 out but whoever ends up there will likely be better than Jennings who is a shocker of a player nowadays, overrated.

the ones with (potential) next to them can be either really bad, eh or really good as they literally are players who have the potential to be anything

1. French < Trbo
2. Radradra > Taufua
3. Jennings (**** at moment)
4. Takarangi < Walker
5. Hoffman? = Uate (more potential)
6. Gutho < Green
7. Norman < DCE (provided green doesn't get injured often)
8. Matagi < Lussick
9. De Gois = Parcell (huge potential IMO)
10. Pritchard > Myles
11. Mau < Tapau
12. Scott > Sironen (potential)
13. Moeroa < Jake Trbo
INTERCHANGE
14. Edwards > L Brown
15. N Brown < Lawrence
16. K Pritchard < AFB
17. Vave > Lane (both potential, Vave lazy defence)

Parramatta | Manly
5 better - 9 better
2 equal
1 undecided

Essay over...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they are better than our side, I have left our .3 out but whoever ends up there will likely be better than Jennings who is a shocker of a player nowadays, overrated.
1. French < Trbo
2. Radradra > Taufua
3. Jennings (**** at moment)
4. Takarangi < Walker
5. Hoffman? = Uate (more potential)
6. Gutho < Green
7. Norman < DCE (provided green doesn't get injured often)
8. Matagi < Lussick
9. De Gois = Parcell (huge potential IMO)
10. Pritchard > Myles
11. Mau < Tapau
12. Scott > Sironen (potential)
13. Moeroa < Jake Trbo
INTERCHANGE
14. Edwards > L Brown
15. N Brown < Lawrence
16. K Pritchard < AFB
17. Vave > Lane (both potential, Vave lazy defence)
Norman is better than DCE unfortunately. Norman would have smashed everyone in the dally m if he hadn't of had his off field stuff. Norman way over DCE ATM but career wise DCE is way better.

Norman is better than DCE unfortunately. Norman would have smashed everyone in the dally m if he hadn't of had his off field stuff. Norman way over DCE ATM but career wise DCE is way better.
Yes based on 2016's form way better, but when DCE has a proper 5/8 next to him, DCE tops him, many of us, including myself at one point, forget how good DCE can be with a good 5/8 next to him.

Hopefully the 2017 start will be a bit like 2005. No big expectations and after about 5-6 rounds Manly were right in the mix.

Only for Sulking Mike Monaghan (brother of the Gravox Man) and Ol' Two Sheets to the Wind Delmege (apparently you never ever tried to have a meeting with him after lunch) inadvertently de-railed the season.

Hopefully the 2017 start will be a bit like 2005. No big expectations and after about 5-6 rounds Manly were right in the mix.

Only for Sulking Mike Monaghan (brother of the Gravox Man) and Ol' Two Sheets to the Wind Delmege (apparently you never ever tried to have a meeting with him after lunch) inadvertently de-railed the season.
I like how we are being doubted at the moment, I really see a side that should finish in the 8 (I reckon 6th) and build into a force again in 2018 provided we use Matai and snake's money well next off season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes based on 2016's form way better, but when DCE has a proper 5/8 next to him, DCE tops him, many of us, including myself at one point, forget how good DCE can be with a good 5/8 next to him.
Yes I hope DCE really kicks off this year cause he is probably my favourite player when he is on song. Against Canberra this year in the first game at GIO where he scored that slicing stepping try. That's what I like about him, his running.

Disagree on that one Turbo. DCE at his best and uninjured is a better all round player than Norman. That's not to suggest Norman is not very good, he is. But DCE is potentially better.

A lot will depend on the coaching and tactics for the game. I think it will be quite close and I think Manly do have the cattle to win. But only if they have their minds on the game. I also think Manly's side is potentially better than 2016, despite the loss of Lyon (who was playing broken) and Buhrer ( a bad loss). At his best Green would not hold a candle to Lyon, but I think he will do a better job than both Lyon and Walker did last year. TT will be fit. Walker will be allowed to establish himself in the centre. We'll have wingers who can actually run and the forward line up looks just a touch stronger. But we do need another centre

Cherry is at his best when he has a good 5/8 alongside him, but they can't be the same type of player that he is. Its why he has generally done well in club games but not so well when playing for Qld or even Australia. He had Foran next to him for years and they complimented each other big time, but at Origin and test level every time DCE has started he's been alongside Thurston and no prizes for guessing who played the dominant role there which doesn't suit DCE's game at all.

And its no coincidence that DCE's best games in 2016 were with Killer at pivot rather than Walker. Hopefully Green at 5/8 can allow Cherry to play his natural game rather than trying to organise the attack which he really isn't good at.

As for Round 1.......Turbo Tom should be fully fit but who knows if he'll be at fullback or in the centres because no one seems to know Snake's status right now and if we sign Kevin Locke it could be interesting because he can play wing or fullback. Uate should add the pace out wide that we've been missing and Walker should be better for being back in the centres where he belongs. I don't expect Skivy to play, nor Snake for that matter so we really do need another centre. And all things being equal we'll hopefully have Jorge fit and firing after getting his shoulder plate removed.

I don't mind the look of our forwards right now. Darcy and AFB should be the starting props IMO and all the better if Darc can continue the form he showed mid-season before doing his shoulder. Parcell the hooker, Kapow and maybe Lane or Sironen Mk.2 in the back row with Jake at lock leaving Myles, Brown, Koroisau, BJ etc to fill the bench.

Even now we're not the lame ducks some seem to think we are.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11