Manly v Cowboys [Round 7 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
FlyingHigh said:
I'm confused. I just saw foz throw a dummy and score. Where was the obstruction?

Try easy, buhrer didn't impede. I wouldn't have blown up if a team did that against us.

voicefromthehill said:
And there's the Thurston sook

Chip and Chase said:
I didn't think Snake's through the legs pass was forward, anyone else ?? Rabs and Gus were banging on like it went 2m forward.

Agree thought it was backwards, both my one white and one maroon eye saw it that way

Back out of the hands, forward off his legs. It's called a kick

Chip and Chase said:
I didn't think Snake's through the legs pass was forward, anyone else ?? Rabs and Gus were banging on like it went 2m forward.
no,because it was Manly,if it were the chooks,bunnies and the mutts or any other team for that matter,it would have been ok

Josh perry and mark bryant in the sheds...oir club is all class. They both had sea eagles shirts on too. Lobe this team. Knew Tooves would fire us up

We did not deserve that at all. I think years of growing a strong culture and self-belief has probably won us that game (as opposed to the beliefs the cowgirls have probably developed over recent years).

It's strange to have official calls go our way after years of perceived injustices... And ironic it's the Cows again, since it was the Hand Of Foz I remember as the last distinct one.

But, that was a really piss poor performance tonight as a team. I guess it's not so easy to build systems as opposed to relying on individual brilliance. We need to believe in the systems and the team, and never rely on individuals, IMO. So, if we need to let go of the Gifts or others along the way, I'm understanding of that (though prefer it not to happen).

voicefromthehill said:
Thurston is such a victim, maybe he should move to Coffs Harbour...

They were robbed mate, every part of me
Is saying smile, but I can't, sure the score says we won, but the players know the real result !

Wow how did Manly get out of that with a win.
Poor performance which will show in the stats, but the Cowboys falling away, a little luck, a wrong 'un call, and a touch of Foran class got a lucky victory.
About time Manly got one back.
NYEagle

How about Thurston's post game rant with Freddy?
"You get used to those calls wearing a Cowboys jersey.."
Normally it's up to the coach in the Post game wrap to have a spit.
Any other player would be fined.

HK_Eagle said:
We did not deserve that at all. I think years of growing a strong culture and self-belief has probably won us that game (as opposed to the beliefs the cowgirls have probably developed over recent years).

It's strange to have official calls go our way after years of perceived injustices... And ironic it's the Cows again, since it was the Hand Of Foz I remember as the last distinct one.

But, that was a really piss poor performance tonight as a team. I guess it's not so easy to build systems as opposed to relying on individual brilliance. We need to believe in the systems and the team, and never rely on individuals, IMO. So, if we need to let go of the Gifts or others along the way, I'm understanding of that (though prefer it not to happen).
We deserved it c'mon, never gave up, missing dce, missing choc, that's a brave win.

Ryan said:
bennyeagle said:
Forans try is a no try, and theoretically the cows should have won 21-20, I feel dirty !

Disagree..and without bias. The defender CHOSE to tackle Buhrer, and changed his trajectory to do so.

That's what I thought. I'm really confused by all the controversy. Foz threw a dummy and the defender fell for it. How is that obstruction?

^ I guess we got the decision because Buhrer had his back to the defender and didn't deliberately take him out, but the point the commentators were making was that if the video refs were being consistent with previous decisions (and they NEVER are), they would have disallowed it.

I was just as confused with the obstruction rule following the dogs-rabbits game. I thought the dogs first no-try was harsh and their other allowed try was rough against the rabbits. Tonight just added to the confusion. Lol

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10