Game Day: Manly v Broncos [Round 9, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Come on people.. What did you expect.. We lost.. **** happens when you are half a first grade side running on empty & more injuries on the night.

It wasn't a flogging.. They tried hard.. What more can you ask but for them to have a go..

Jeez you people are tough task masters..

Come on people.. What did you expect.. We lost.. **** happens when you are half a first grade side running on empty & more injuries on the night.

It wasn't a flogging.. They tried hard.. What more can you ask but for them to have a go..

Jeez you people are tough task masters..
I know so proud of the boys tonight
Scary to think if we ever get close to full strength what this side could do.
Broncos should have beaten us by a lot more tonight but they didn’t.

Des presser
Loved it
So calm and measured
That Trent last year would of been blowing up deluxe tonight
He spoke well of the walker situation
Welcome back Des

Would he have been blowing up deluxe.....or doing this as usual because he has no idea?

5e4f082e3fcb82605f0a69a9796bfbd7

Even with all the injuries I still feel we went away from what’s been working....namely Api and Fainu on the back of offloads up the middle. We didn’t test their ruck enough, and we certainly didn’t test their hooker Turpin enough.
But in an injury ravaged game, my two highlights were Elliot running down Oates, and JetSki going straight over the top of Boyd to score.
The Roosters will put 50 on the Donkeys next week.

I was very, very impressed with Phil Gould. Spoke only positivity of us, and was the only commentator to do so
He gave me the shytes. You could tell he wanted the donkeys to win from the start. He only started saying things like they were brave and just keep coming, after the donkeys were two tries ahead. He joined in the Darius love fest too.
They all should be sacked and replaced by the Silvertails commentary team.

Des presser
Loved it
So calm and measured
Welcome back Des

I loved it to.

He could have said we did it tough. Made excuses. He didn’t.

Said he was disappointed in some players making errors in the second half and not controlling possession.

Love it. Manly = no excuses.

He gave me the shytes. You could tell he wanted the donkeys to win from the start. He only started saying things like they were brave and just keep coming, after the donkeys were two tries ahead. He joined in the Darius love fest too.
They all should be sacked and replaced by the Silvertails commentary team.

I'm game, but I might be a bit like that Pommy Castleford supporter......Darrell Eastlake like volume with more than a few f, c, b and a words thrown in :loudspeaker::megaphone::mute:

Even with all the injuries I still feel we went away from what’s been working....namely Api and Fainu on the back of offloads up the middle. We didn’t test their ruck enough, and we certainly didn’t test their hooker Turpin enough.
But in an injury ravaged game, my two highlights were Elliot running down Oates, and JetSki going straight over the top of Boyd to score.
I reckon we'dve put 30 on em with our full team.

Injury could crush Bird's Blues hopes as Broncos win
By Adrian Proszenko - SMH
May 10, 2019 — 10.28pm

Jack Bird has suffered a suspected ACL injury that has cruelled his chances of returning to the State of Origin arena.

With Brisbane teammate James Roberts unlikely to retain his Blues jersey after being dropped, Bird had emerged as the favourite to fill the void. The timing couldn’t have been any worse for Anthony Seibold or Brad Fittler. The former had only just dropped fellow centre James Roberts, making it almost impossible for the latter to pick him. Now Seibold may have to recall ‘Jimmy the Jet’ in a move that could give him an a belated opportunity to press his claims for the Blues.

After being forced from the field with the injury at the hour mark, Bird joins Joey Leilua as a strong three-quarter contender now scratched for the series. The setbacks have opened the door for Clint Gutherson and Jack Wighton to press their claims.

It was one of several serious injuries that overshadowed the Magic Round. Manly’s Apisai Koroisau, Moses Suli and Tof Sipley have been added to an already bulging injury ward. In Sipley’s case, it appears a broken leg. No team has been more decimated by injuries.

In one coach’s box was the Dally M coach of the year. In the other, the man making an irresistible claim for the gong when it is next awarded.

Story continues at link: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in...ues-hopes-as-broncos-win-20190510-p51m7w.html

Last edited:
*sigh*

That was kinda disappointing after such a good start. 6-0 up, penalties going our way, broncos not even tackled in out half, etc.

I find it annoying that if LG kept running after passing the ball to Miski, the officials think 'derp, lg is in front of the ball therefore no forward pass', but when you get stopped by a tackler, it always looks forward and the whole 'ball out of the hands backwards' is forgotten. Either way, the refs just can't get it right.

I was still happy with the makeshift team's efforts, though. I felt they really tried hard.

It's infinitely worse for the team and the injured players, but it's draining on the ole morale with all the injuries. It feels like week after week someone new goes down with an injury that is going to take awhile to recover from. It gets really hard to take when the number of them pile up.

Three tries to zip up - what a different game that would have been.

Des presser
Loved it
So calm and measured
Welcome back Des
Best part of the presser was at the beginning when a reporter said it was a gutsy performance and Des responded by saying "we didn't get the two point but'
Great focus and competitive spirit
I was at the game, we were understrength, busted, and had more injuries
They were full strength
Last year in similar circumstances I reckon we would have lost about 38-4
This year, we have some guts and attitude to at least go down swinging
Goof effort I thought

Why do people have to find a whipping boy instead of realising we are playing with so many injuries and reserve grade players. Like ffs it's near impossible to win in the NRL without a competitive team and with injuries throughout a game. So many negative nancies here. I'm Just hoping we can start having some luck with injuries because with a near full strength team we will make some waves.

We didnt offload at all really. I hope your right about the roosters

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10