Manly V Bronco's Rnd 1 Game Day Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Ryan said:
Typical Toovey strategy performance. Sloppy discipline, weak goal line defense, dormant attack, and we just scored. Search everything I said - lol hahahahaha

Are you going to death ride him all season ?

I thought we played a lot more direct tonight and I also liked the variation in attack. Pretty happy with that performance as a season kick off, boys looked fit and committed and we did it all without the reliance on our normally deadly RHS attack. Plenty to build on there. Well done Tooves.

Chip and Chase said:
Ryan said:
Typical Toovey strategy performance. Sloppy discipline, weak goal line defense, dormant attack, and we just scored. Search everything I said - lol hahahahaha

Are you going to death ride him all season ?

I thought we played a lot more direct tonight and I also liked the variation in attack. Pretty happy with that performance as a season kick off, boys looked fit and committed and we did it all without the reliance on our normally deadly RHS attack. Plenty to build on there. Well done Tooves.

Of course he will death ride him all season. He hates him so he is not balanced whatsoever. If we win, it is the players, we lose, it's Tooves.

Very happy with that, really good win. To come back from being behind at HT and win away from home... Great way to start the year!

Excellent second half. Based on minimal mistakes and better discipline. I've held the opinion for a long time that if a game is about trading set for set, we will out last anyone.

Good win boys!!! Manly are underway for 2013 season with a win against the Broncos at a packed Suncorp. I'll take it anyday even though it wasn't our greatest performance. You take a W no matter how it's gained, especially a season opener. Well done Sea Eagles and great start to the season.

Second half fitness was great.

We have the best halves pairing in the comp (don't get tired of saying that time and again). Great first game from Lawrence. Richie and Horo were OK and will only get better.

8-3 penalty count in the first half was a bit rough. Our markers were slow to react a number of times in the first half, which was one of the main reasons the scum blew us away in the semi ... needs to be addressed ASAP before refs speed up the game come SSO time,

Great start, and I will be gloating all week that we are a sure thing to win it this year (as I do every year).

Enjoy the weekend Manly faithful!

For the life of me I can't work out why we weren't favorites for that game. How dumb is almost every other league fan and journo out there. The broncs have struggled to beat manly for years, and we were always going to be better without trex. Ffs.

Good point about TRex. I just think we relied too heavily on him last year. Most plays were using him as the battering ram to draw defenders and it just didn't work. I think he should have used him sparingly off the bench but thats in the past. We look to have a bit more variety and with Gift and King to come back its looking encouraging.

I dunno if its possible but it seemed like the Broncos pop gun attack has now turned into a water pistol attack.

when fa'aoso signed with us a mate of mine, who is a knights supporter said if he could improve his handling he'd be a great buy.
no errors tonight, ran the ball hard & hit hard in defence.
couldn't ask for anything more from him

There was lots to like and lots to work on going by tonight's game. Lawerence was terrific, as ere all the forwards. The second half was much more controlled. A terrific win, gutsy and well worked. Just who spotted their weakness down the edge is a genius. Toovs?

Wow. They said we have no depth.
All the newbies performed well.
They've complimented the core players.
Lawrence is all class. I have to say Kite looks fresh.
Another impressive display by Gower, even though he lost the ball at one stage. He ran very hard at the line. Scary. Fa’aoso too. Think he went to the same barber as Choc? Very Prussian indeed.
Well done, Tooves.
I'm proud of you.

Ramrod said:
Wow. They said we have no depth.
All the newbies performed well.
They've complimented the core players.
Lawrence is all class. I have to say Kite looks fresh.
Another impressive display by Gower, even though he lost the ball at one stage. He ran very hard at the line. Scary. Fa’aoso too. Think he went to the same barber as Choc? Very Prussian indeed.
Well done, Tooves.
I'm proud of you.

Matt Johns said we haven't got depth but he has absolutely NFI about rugby league.

His claim to fame was on the footy show as that goose bring back the biff, and a gangbang.

How this blokes can get any media gigs beggars belief.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8