Manly Sea Eagles coaches Willie Peters and Dan Ferris in fist fight in The Rocks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Mitch

Bencher
Old mate Peters would have been giving away quite the size disadvantage.

SMH

The Manly Sea Eagles have turned on each other following their controversial finals exit during a night out at the Rocks on Wednesday.

Fairfax Media can reveal Sea Eagles assistant coach Willie Peters and the club's head of high performance, Dan Ferris, were involved in a fight outside the Orient Hotel. Police were called to break up the fisticuffs and issued an infringement notice to Peters for offensive behaviour. Neither of them cooperated with police inquiries.

The pair were among those responsible for guiding Manly to an unexpected finals appearance when most pundits predicted the Silvertails would miss the playoffs. Ferris has been credited with whipping the players into shape and reducing the amount of soft-tissue injuries, while Peters has helped head coach Trent Barrett prepare the side alongside fellow assistant coach John Cartwright.

Peters made the transition into the coaching ranks after finishing a playing career that included stints at St George and South Sydney.

"A man has been fined after a fight outside a Sydney licensed premises overnight," police said in a statement issued to Fairfax Media.

"About 7pm yesterday police were called to a licensed premises on George Street at The Rocks after two men were seen fighting.

"The men, aged 38 and 31, declined to make statements or assist police with inquiries. Both men had superficial injuries.

"A criminal infringement notice was issued to a 38-year-old man for offensive behaviour."

It has been a rough few days for the Sea Eagles. They were controversially eliminated from the finals after being on the wrong end of several contentious calls in the loss to Penrith.

Manly centre Dylan Walker was denied a try after being ruled offside, while Panthers opposite Tyrone Peachey got the green light despite the possibility of a knock on in the lead up. Incensed by the decisions, Barrett unloaded on officials in the post-match press conference, prompting the NRL to issue the club with a proposed fine of $20,000.

The fine, coupled with the Peters-Ferris stoush, is a controversial end to Manly's campaign.

If that's the worst fallout we get from Mad Monday I'll take it.
Unfortunately assistant coaches are dime a dozen, so maybe doesn't look good for Willie.

tumblr_nvz7nsbI9K1u85ucso1_500.gif

Ugly Daily Tele report on Ferris and another Manly assistant coach I've never heard of fighting outside The Orient pub in The Rocks. What's the deal? Maybe Greenburg is right, if only on this - grow up.

Surprised by the reaction tbh. I dont see anything funny about it. Plenty of bad things happen in alcohol related violence. Its not funny or to be tolerated. Both should be sacked.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10