Manly need a centre.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Penn / Bozo & others are doing enough to **** the club up on their very own let, alone help from us.
Buddy, I really thought you were gonna help lead from the front with changing the tide of negativity. Guess what, it seems you're back in the hole. Club needs you champ, get up and swing in behind! You can do it

Buddy, I really thought you were gonna help lead from the front with changing the tide of negativity. Guess what, it seems you're back in the hole. Club needs you champ, get up and swing in behind! You can do it

I'm trying mate - I really am. Just not much to look forward to at the moment roster, club and off field wise.

I'm happy the club decided to go in another direction CEO wise. They needed a fresh perspective, so that's a positive.

We've (potentially) lost true club legends in Buhrer, Matai, Stewart, Lyon & other players I actually loved like Mateo & Symonds, and replaced them with complete scrubs like Winterstein, Wright & Uate.

We signed Myles to a three year contract, who offer's 0 on the field, and laugh's it up with his Broncos buddies after we get flogged by them. Then I see our assistant coach laughing at his boss and head coach Trent Barrett when the guy was in distress.

This isn't Manly mate. It's frustrating.

I keep reading all these rumours, and I admit, I get drawn in by them, only to be let down - then hear teams like Parramatta CONTINUE to buy player, after player, after player, while we continue to let go great one's.

We are hanging our hats on a 5/8 that's been to 7 clubs in 9 years (quite a few in Premier League / NSW Cup, but carried by an amazing spine and system in Melbourne. I reckon any one of US would look ok playing 5/8 in Melbourne.

I guess I just feel the fans and members are in need of some good news. And I mean FAST. There is a reason memberships are dreadfully down. People don't feel plugged in anymore.

I hope you're right about the positive news about to come. The way the roster is looking at present is awful.

Was Scott at school in Penrith?

According to Thomas Keneally's book, Des was in reserve grade at Penrith in 1983. Even though he was playing for Penrith, he was teaching where the Fulton boys were going to school at St Puis X College in Chatswood. Des was teaching Scott and it was through that connection that he managed to get a tryout at Manly who at the time were coached by Bob Fulton.

Last edited:
According to Thomas Keneally's book, Des was in reserve grade at Penrith in 1983. Even though he was playing for Penrith, he was teaching where the Fulton boys were going to school at St Puis X College in Chatswood. Des was teaching Scott and it was through that connection that he managed to get a tryout at Manly who at the time were coached by Bob Fulton.
Funny, I went to Pius.
Remember me & a mate seeing a young Fulton lookalike running around & both of us thinking it was a Fulton clone - well it may just have been Fulton's son (not a clone though sadly)

Funny, I went to Pius.
Remember me & a mate seeing a young Fulton lookalike running around & both of us thinking it was a Fulton clone - well it may just have been Fulton's son (not a clone though sadly)
I also went to pius and Hasler was teacher of 6 gold. would of been my yr 6 teacher but he left the year I finished year 5 as I ended up in gold :(

I'm trying mate - I really am. Just not much to look forward to at the moment roster, club and off field wise.

I'm happy the club decided to go in another direction CEO wise. They needed a fresh perspective, so that's a positive.

We've (potentially) lost true club legends in Buhrer, Matai, Stewart, Lyon & other players I actually loved like Mateo & Symonds, and replaced them with complete scrubs like Winterstein, Wright & Uate.

We signed Myles to a three year contract, who offer's 0 on the field, and laugh's it up with his Broncos buddies after we get flogged by them. Then I see our assistant coach laughing at his boss and head coach Trent Barrett when the guy was in distress.

This isn't Manly mate. It's frustrating.

I keep reading all these rumours, and I admit, I get drawn in by them, only to be let down - then hear teams like Parramatta CONTINUE to buy player, after player, after player, while we continue to let go great one's.

We are hanging our hats on a 5/8 that's been to 7 clubs in 9 years (quite a few in Premier League / NSW Cup, but carried by an amazing spine and system in Melbourne. I reckon any one of US would look ok playing 5/8 in Melbourne.

I guess I just feel the fans and members are in need of some good news. And I mean FAST. There is a reason memberships are dreadfully down. People don't feel plugged in anymore.

I hope you're right about the positive news about to come. The way the roster is looking at present is awful.
Look at the side we got then look at the side we had in 2015.. Then decide if they are ****ing us up

Look at the side we got then look at the side we had in 2015.. Then decide if they are ****ing us up

Let's see

2015 vs (The side we got)
01. Brett Stewart (Tom Trbojevic)
02. Jorge Taufua (Jorge Taufau)
03. Steve Matai (Matthew Wright)
04. Jamie Lyon (Dylan Walker)
05. Peta Hiku (Akuila Uate)
06. Kieran Foran (Blake Green)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (Daly Cherry-Evans)
08. Brenton Lawrence (Darcy Lussick)
09. Matt Ballin (Matt Parcell)
10. Jake Trbojevic (Nate Myles)
11. Justin Horo (Marty Taupau)
12. Tom Symonds (Shaun Lane)
13. Jamie Buhrer (Jake Trbojevic)

14. Jesse Sene-Lefao (Lewis Brown)
15. Ligi Sao (Addin Fanua-Blake)
16. Dunamis Lui (Brenton Lawrence)
17. Willie Mason (Frank Winterstein)

18. Josh Starling
19. Clinton Gutherson (Cameron Cullen)
20. Cheyse Blair (Brayden Wiliame)
21. Luke Burgess
22. Michael Chee Cam
23. Bleak Leary
24. Tom Trbojevic (Jonathan Wright)
25. David Williams
26. Jayden Hodges

2015 stats vs. 2016 stats (to view trends)
2015 Position - 9th
2016 Positon - 14th (not including Eels reduction)
(better in 15)

2015 Points scored - 458
2016 Points scored - 454
(better in 15)

2015 Points scored against - 563
2016 Points scored against - 492
(better in 15)

2015 Tries scored - 84
2016 Tried scored - 78
(better in 15)

2015 tries conceded - 88
2016 tries conceded - 99
(better in 15)

2015 Hitups - 4065
2016 Hitups - 4119
(better in 16)

2015 Running Metres - 33,818
2016 Running Metres - 35,408
(better in 16)

2015 Try Assists - 75
2016 try Assists - 58
(better in 15)

2015 Line Breaks - 89
2016 Line Breaks - 88
(better in 15)

So, overall, in 9 key areas, we were better in 2015, than we were in 16. Next years team on paper right now as it stands is not the equal of 2016.

We are trending poorly. Says it in the stats. Says it in our standings placement. Says it in the roster quality.

That's not including staff being sacked. Customer being treated poorly.

@Harry Smith what are you disagreeing with man? I just repeated statistical data, and listed the two rosters side by side?

It's not like I made them up, so what are you disagreeing with unless your disagreeing to just disagree?

@Harry Smith what are you disagreeing with man? I just repeated statistical data, and listed the two rosters side by side?

It's not like I made them up, so what are you disagreeing with unless your disagreeing to just disagree?
I respect the post, well written. But since when was 2016 a year where most of 2016's main players actually played. 2016 should be forgotten as it was a year where we were filled with injury replacements.

My 2017 Side
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua / DWZ (if signed doubt whare would sign)
3. Dylan Walker
4. Dean Whare (if signed doubt DWZ would be signed)
5. Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell
10. Suaia Matagi
11. Shaun Lane / Brenton Lawrence / Jorge Taufua
12. Martin Tapau
13. Jake Trbojevic
INTERCHANGE
14. Willis Meehan / Api Korisau
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Brenton Lawrence / Lewis Brown / Shaun Lane
17. Nate Myles

Now breaking it down
EQUAL:
1, 2 (if taufua stays there, better if dwz), 7, 9, 11
BETTER:
5, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
WORSE:
3 and 4 (players we got there now are stars nevertheless), 6, 10

Although the Equal, Better, Worse thing doesn't really say too much.. Look at the people we have replacing Lyon, Matai, Foran and J. Trbo, we have Walker, Whare, Green and Matagi. That is as good as it could get replacing those players who are legends of the club.

If you seriously think 2015's side is worse then 2017's one then you've got to be seeing things, surely

So if you are listing stats made from a side depleted with countless injuries then you should at least list the players who made those stats. IF 2016's best available side played week in week out we wouldn't have seen such poor stats making them rather irrelevant

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8