Manly need a centre.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bencher
I'm not saying we are at panick stage yet, but while there has been a lot of talk about us signing a centre, nothing is happening.... Matai is nearl certainly retiring.

I know I'll be shot down for this, but I do think Brayden Williame (ex hex) could developed into a reasonable quality centre. He is 6'2", a solid 90kgs, does have some speed, does score tries, is only 23, and has the island blood (Fijian)

I remember him having a few shockers early, but thought he had some good games during our half baked charge to the semis. I'm still out on this guy, but I sense some improvement around with some more experience.

Willaime isn't a first grade centre, he is a nsw cup centre. There is continuing talk that Beale will be coming to Manly, he would be a decent pick up IMO. He is fast, evasive something we don't have much of and can score a try. Or there is Whare if he is released because ATM he will be playing reserves for Penrith otherwise Blake wouldn't be re signing. Whare would be best but Beale would also be good. Matai is not going to play by the sounds of it and snake is up in the air. If snake stays Tom plays centre (even though he should be fullback) or we sign Whare or Beale to play centre.

If we can get Whare, I'll be happy with that. But considering Snake is definitely a long bow, and pre-season training is about to start, I'm getting a little nervous, because really, centre is the only chink in our armour.

Only been reported on sporting news that he's a chance to be coming, therefore he ain't coming

If we start round 1 with Williame, Brown or J Wright at centre we won't be making the top 8.
We have Parker there as well, in saying that manly would be getting a centre no need to worry. It's just a matter of when

If we are going to use one of this years fill ins I would rather see Brad Parker or Matthew Wright there before Wiliame.

Parker is a young up and comer with potential while at least Wright can kick goals. But Wiliame? Every time he takes a step forward he goes and plays like its two steps back.

Jamie is leaving and we can't stop him. I wish we could though. I mean, Parra couldn't stop Lyon ("lying" for those with no sense of humour), and look where that got them.

LOL!!!!

Agree with the Brad Parker nomination as well, @HoldenV8

Last edited:
Williame is a risky fill in player - nothing more.
I think young Parker would be a way better option.
Still another outside back involved in negotiations, so hopefully gets done..... as 100% agree centre looks a worry if not...
Couldn't agree more. If Matai retires and Snake doesn't line up in the 1 jersey, then Parker should be given first crack. Hopefully he has put on 3-4kgs in the off season.

My options (in order)
1. Dean Whare
2. Brad Parker
3. Kevin Naiqama

I would add DWZ but if Whare was leaving (appears to be that way) then he would stay

Yes, Brad Parker could be the answer if all else fails. I didn't realise he is 6'4", and if he put on any beef, he will be bigger than Williame. He played 4 games for us, scored 2 tries.... Not too shabby at all.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6