Manly dragged into Essendon mess

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rex said:
Darren said:
doesn't look good though, he was working for us. Let's hope the club can get a comment out and some facts soon. If we are another DrugCastle we will never live it down. Imagine if it was true, not many actual NRL winners with us and Storm.
What drama Darren? I see no drama.

That's the understatement of the century.

Either you're faking being a Manly supporter, Darren, or have a case of paranoid depression.

Dont worry which it is. See a doctor. Both are indicators of a serious underlying psychiatric condition.

Hey Rexy, I don't need to see a doctor but I bet there's a whole heap of guys feeling real sick or getting depressed. Maybe we need to keep away from the doctors would be a better BET (OOPS). :p

Darren said:
Rex said:
Darren said:
doesn't look good though, he was working for us. Let's hope the club can get a comment out and some facts soon. If we are another DrugCastle we will never live it down. Imagine if it was true, not many actual NRL winners with us and Storm.

Either you're faking being a Manly supporter, Darren, or have a case of paranoid depression.

Dont worry which it is. See a doctor. Both are indicators of a serious underlying psychiatric condition.

Hey Rexy, I don't need to see a doctor but I bet there's a whole heap of guys feeling real sick or getting depressed. Maybe we need to keep away from the doctors would be a better BET (OOPS). :p

Yep - you're the Matty Johns of this forum. Make enough wild statements and eventually you may have a loose connection to a valid statement

voicefromthehill said:
Darren said:
Rex said:
Darren said:

Yep - you're the Matty Johns of this forum. Make enough wild statements and eventually you may have a loose connection to a valid statement

Are you saying Darren likes motel rooms in NZ that is really harsh and uncalled for

I think my second sentence answers that Gronk ;)

Also not sure why people would be depressed about being audited, if you e done nothing wrong then you've nothing to hide. Audits should be a way of life for any business - it's preventative

Darren said:
Rex said:
Darren said:

Glad to see you've perked up Darren. What improved the mood so dramatically? Dreaming of Manly being implicated?

In the end, if we did it then we deserve all we get. It will be the worst day in the club's history if we have. It will make all our haters question our wins (like Storm) Fingers crossed we are innocent and can remain the leading NRL in Australia.

Not often I say this bit I agree with Darren (off to scrub myself now )

All that said I can not believe the club and players would knowingly break the rules to that extent

Thanks for the kind sponsorship Darren.

And ... Still see no drama. Still not worried.

Even if the unthinkable happened and Manly were named, we'd get over it soon enough. Life goes on.

The Admiral said:
Lets be very clear here. The is nothing illegal about calfs blood …
Oh yeah? What if rustlers stole some cows and then sold them to Des and Dr dank, and then Des got some blood from one of the stolen cows? Wouldn't that be illegal?

Rex said:
Even if the unthinkable happened and Manly were named, we'd get over it soon enough. Life goes on.

That would take me about 5 years. Not that I have anything to worry about at all, I'm sure, maybe...

Seriously, I would be stunned if we have done something as illegal as suggested by the ACC and until there is irrefutable proof I will have no problem sleeping.

I will go on record as feeling sure we aren't doing anything illegal. Maybe we were using supplements that were on the edge but cannot see staff dicing with career killing choices. I think the gambling is the big concern for all sport though. UK are looking at Soccer Champions Leagues games (elite level)

I've got a nasty feeling that Manly's name is going to be dragged through the mud in weeks to come. I also think Hasler may cop a lot of flack. Whether anything untoward happened at Manly during Hasler's reign or not, the fact is the present focus is on the very person who was employed at Manly for 5 odd years. and now at Essendon. I just got a bad feeling about this and I'm hoping Manly gets through this unscathed.

Bearfax said:
I've got a nasty feeling that Manly's name is going to be dragged through the mud in weeks to come. I also think Hasler may cop a lot of flack. Whether anything untoward happened at Manly during Hasler's reign or not, the fact is the present focus is on the very person who was employed at Manly for 5 odd years. and now at Essendon. I just got a bad feeling about this and I'm hoping Manly gets through this unscathed.

This is exactly the reason why everyone should welcome this immediate audit/investigation. If we are cleared early, then we will save ourselves a lot of negative press.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The Admiral said:
Lets be very clear here. The is nothing illegal about calfs blood …
Oh yeah? What if rustlers stole some cows and then sold them to Des and Dr dank, and then Des got some blood from one of the stolen cows? Wouldn't that be illegal?
I heard that the cows were delivered by bandidos. They were riding pillion to Narrabeen on the back of harleys and they weren't wearing helmets.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
I hope George hasnt been drug tested lately. With all the KFC he eats he is a certainty to test positive to growth hormomes.

Fair go sport. Atleast he has an NRL contract :)

Darren said:
I will go on record as feeling sure we aren't doing anything illegal. Maybe we were using supplements that were on the edge but cannot see staff dicing with career killing choices. I think the gambling is the big concern for all sport though. UK are looking at Soccer Champions Leagues games (elite level)

Darren. Where are you? Who swiped your account? I'm feeling real dirty now too, because I'm agreeing with you 100%.

The most concerning part of all this is the criminal element. Allowing gambling in sport is a slippery slope that guarantees these sorts of problems.

I'm convinced today's developments are a good thing - a real good thing - irrespective of who's involved, and how it affects us. Identify the issues and fix them.

They're trying to spook people into giving themselves up by holding back on what they know.

But what's the bet the key evidence they have is on current drug use, gained from phone taps, etc over the last year. That would also seem to make sense in terms of the Bombers "giving themselves up".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8