Manly Centres an issue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Were Lyon and Matai that fast? I think Matai was... but even if he slowed down he got better at other things.

I'm just thinking re: Parker - surely he knows that he is a decent defender but kinda slow. So he, the coach, someone should be figuring out the best lines, etc so he can get his winger away.

He's not going to do a Saab... but how can he get 'em into a gap.

Jorge wasn't going to do length of the field tries, but give him the ball 10 metres out and most times he would barge on over.

I dunno....

Answers on a penguin.
I recall speaking with snake and having a laugh about the same thing

However ,Snake said that killer speed was underestimated and looked like he was slow in his style and action but reckon his legs Speed and steps were quicker than most and made him motor more than he looked

especially those first few metres and relaxed acceleration to get round people or those famous grubbers up the sidle line

geez he was good
Great memories

The signing of Tuipulotu is curious. He is on a 4 year deal so someone within the club identified real potential in this kid as a first grader. He's had one game in first grade in a under strength team that got flogged in a trial match and has been in reserve grade since. He is on a 4 year deal and in our top 30. Do our recruiters and coach not see eye to eye?

Suli is an interesting one.Under normal circumstances,I’d say he lacks that mongrel in him and doesn’t seem to want to bust a nut for the coarse but in the back of my mind is that semi in ‘19 where he tore Souths apart,to the point that the Rabbits had to move Origin centre Gagai to the other side of the field.Is Suli heading down a similar path to Tony Williams?

The signing of Tuipulotu is curious. He is on a 4 year deal so someone within the club identified real potential in this kid as a first grader. He's had one game in first grade in a team that go flogged in a trial match and has been in reserve grade since. He is on a 4 year deal and in our top 30. Do our recruiters and coach not see eye to eye?
Signed under Des so maybe seen as a First Grader once someone came off contract at end of 2021??

The signing of Tuipulotu is curious. He is on a 4 year deal so someone within the club identified real potential in this kid as a first grader. He's had one game in first grade in a under strength team that got flogged in a trial match and has been in reserve grade since. He is on a 4 year deal and in our top 30. Do our recruiters and coach not see eye to eye?

He also made his first grade debut at the Roosters last year & by all accounts made some strong runs & scored a try or 2 (I haven't seen the game).

Foxsports reporting that Hopoate is unlikely to be resigned by the bulldogs. Whilst I know Hopate is a swear word around here these days, he would not be the worst signing (assuming its not heaps of money).

He could start centre, and be very solid/reliable and provide much better fullback coverage for Turbo's 2022 injuries.
Dollar figure biggest issue imo he worth no more than 450k in current market and his form

Parker is a tough 1, as I find it hard to rip into a bloke who rips in 100% every week and he is 1 of few who does.Unfortunately the slowest centre in the NRL and effects his and Manly's attack big time, though let's flip the coin and talk defence...this bloke is up with the best defensive centres in the game....I personally am not inspired to see him there, but he has been our most solid centre the past 2 years so its a tough call.

Well said ... Also the Thing to remember with Parker is that I don't believe anybody at the club has seen him as a first string centre ... he would have been thought of as a backup for Walker and Suli ... and his contract would reflect that .... I would bet his contract is not near the $500k a starting centre would command ..

It has just been the fickle fate of fortune that has seen him get so much game time ... and thank goodness we have him ... I love the ranga bugger ..

Well said ... Also the Thing to remember with Parker is that I don't believe anybody at the club has seen him as a first string centre ... he would have been thought of as a backup for Walker and Suli ... and his contract would reflect that .... I would bet his contract is not near the $500k a starting centre would command ..

It has just been the fickle fate of fortune that has seen him get so much game time ... and thank goodness we have him ... I love the ranga bugger ..
I have a soft spot for him too cause you can see that he tries his guts out...

...just wish he had a few more skills... keep waiting for him to compete for a high-ball on the tryline but I get the impression his legs are made of lead....

Gee I miss Matai and what he stood for. What a fabulous player. Terribly underrated as an attacker. Not sure we used his attacking talent as well as we could have ... but we had so much attacking talent we probably didn't need it. And yes wow - what a defender! Igor and Matai the two very best defenders of any era - any club.
Steve was one a many reasons the other fans hated us. He was a player they all wish played for them. The Hitman

Seem very flat also , which could be down to the middle not gaining enough momentum so the attacking shape is almost level to the ruck, also the fact Des likes a flat structure where the centres are "up" compared to say Rabbits who are always deep to give time to hit the ball at pace and get away clean passes without getting sliced in 2 by the defenders jamming in.

What's the thoughts on where we are and the best way going forward ??
We have no choice but to be flat in attack coz our centres don't have any pace and no strike edge second-rowers. Opponents only need to mark-up to stifle us. Speed allows the line to set up deep and this begets options and also poses questions to the defense.

Walker has lost his speed and now hammy problems will make it worse. Move him and Suli on at season end.

We need pace in the centres...Koula is our future and we need one other centre...maybe Tippy toes?

What is the new centre "type"?
No good going after yesterday's centre. I think they need pace first, strength a close second. Ball playing not so much.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10