Manly after Api Koroisau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hodges is a liability in defence . No other hooker in the NRL is as fragile as Hodges

Bit of both ways though isn't it? Not much spark and won't score much either. Dummy half running is so crucial these days

Get more forwards working and Ballin will not have to do as much tackling. Which one would be better in attack.

Can't compare, but look at the cowboys this year. Perennial could have beanz to a big shot. All because of a hooker who is there not because he will make 50 tackles a game but because he is a threat..

One last thing.. Why is everyone so happy about this signing. He can't defend like Ballin so won't he be in the reggies?

He took a big hit then basically fell over himself begging to come off the field,eventually he came off possibly concussed, no other player would've been so eager to leave the field

I think this is a bit harsh! Players who beg to stay on do so when they believe they can still play and contribute. If a player knows he will be a liability they should beg to come off! The kid played well that night against a monster pack and did himself and his team proud.

Everyone loves Matty Ballin,that's a given. But some of us are able to take off the rose coloured glasses and identify that age and a changing game mean he is no longer enough.

This is gonna get down voted and disagreed with but I honestly think our forwards aren't all that bad (they have been injured and some are still finding their feet in first grad) but they aren't getting any favours out of dummy half.

Yes you might get a good crisp pass right in the bread basket but if three of the opposition have lined you up and are about to push you back because there is absolutely no hesitation in their mind that Manly's nine might scoot between them if they move up too quick.

MB doesn't even offer the one-two shuffle then pass from dummy half creating a bit of defensive indecision and the crisp consistent accuracy might have worked when you had attacking focal points like gift DCE Foz and killer and snake spread right across the park which created that indecision in opposition defences. Now we need to move with the times. There will always be a place for Ballin at Manly but he's not an eighty minute player anymore or to phrase it differently not a player manly can afford to play for eighty minutes a game anymore.

In fact the only reason we have been up the pointy end of the premiership for the past couple of seasons is because Jamie Bhurer helped defensively and was able to offer some spark out of dummy half without replacing Ballin.

One last thing.. Why is everyone so happy about this signing. He can't defend like Ballin so won't he be in the reggies?

Remember when we had Monaghan and LeSteange? Remember what Lestrange used to do in his 20 minutes?
Then when Monas left we had Ballin with LeStrange, both sharing the load.

Ballin has another 2 years max left in him at top level. Api will be his understudy for the 20 minute bursts.

The game is changing and now we have one freak half back and a fill in at 5/8 we need more of a creative hooker for those short bursts, someone who can constructively run the show like an extension of the halves. Hodges can not do that and never will do that. Api has that potential

Everyone loves Matty Ballin,that's a given. But some of us are able to take off the rose coloured glasses and identify that age and a changing game mean he is no longer enough.

This is gonna get down voted and disagreed with but I honestly think our forwards aren't all that bad (they have been injured and some are still finding their feet in first grad) but they aren't getting any favours out of dummy half.

Yes you might get a good crisp pass right in the bread basket but if three of the opposition have lined you up and are about to push you back because there is absolutely no hesitation in their mind that Manly's nine might scoot between them if they move up too quick.

MB doesn't even offer the one-two shuffle then pass from dummy half creating a bit of defensive indecision and the crisp consistent accuracy might have worked when you had attacking focal points like gift DCE Foz and killer and snake spread right across the park which created that indecision in opposition defences. Now we need to move with the times. There will always be a place for Ballin at Manly but he's not an eighty minute player anymore or to phrase it differently not a player manly can afford to play for eighty minutes a game anymore.

In fact the only reason we have been up the pointy end of the premiership for the past couple of seasons is because Jamie Bhurer helped defensively and was able to offer some spark out of dummy half without replacing Ballin.

At full strength our forwards are "ok" but we need one or two extras to make it a good pack.

If you have buhrer and bj in the team it's a different story, add jsl in there and it's got some starch but hasson, mason, Mateo are rubbish

I was insinuating that Hodges should be on the bench. Like others I would not be surprised if Api is 5/8 next year.,but most likely a 20 to 30 minute hooker, so why the change of tactics?

Toovey has said he is a firm believer in an 80 minute dummy-half.. So that to me shows that he is gone..

Toovey gets the spoon, I will still love him. Manly through and through.. Barrett needs to work harder than someone like Toovey to earn my respect.
At least finals for Barrett in first year or he should go.

So called best backline in the league.. I think it is.. Worst go forward pack though, and we are not scoring points.. The spark can only come from dummy half with what we have

Yo

You obviously didn't watch the game last night. Api was the first in to tackle burgess boys and from what I can see is a tough little bugger and great defender

You obviously didn't watch the game last night. Api was the first in to tackle burgess boys and from what I can see is a tough little bugger and great defender

I am not complaining about the signing. I am saying that if Toovey won't play hodges off of the bench this year. Where will he play Api.

Actually when will he play him

I am not complaining about the signing. I am saying that if Toovey won't play hodges off of the bench this year. Where will he play Api.

Actually when will he play him
Tooves won't be there.

Would like to say that if you watch the game now teams that throw the dummy half pass backwards five metres most times are easy meat for rushing (off side) defences getting off their line. Consequently we are not getting over the advantage line often enough which also results in quick play the balls and thus puts the defence in more turmoil.
I see a very good dummy half in Api.........in fact I think he will be our best buy so far. Very skilled and tough player.

Do we do that. NO! All stems from the creativity from dummy half. The best teams have one. Could go on with more about this but enough for now. Whoever controls the ruck, controls the offensive game.
Comments?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8