Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Difference between choir boy and stabbing charge is exactly the same as choir boy and sexual assault charges. We have been here before. Can we at least let the courts make a decision before we start judging the kid? None of us were there.
You clearly haven't understood my post...

The original post I responded to suggested that there must be a lot of 'choir boys' (meaning people that have never done anything wrong in their lives) on the forum sitting in judgement of the act of stabbing another person. I disagree with this.

You can have edge to character and slip up and make mistakes in life but stabbing another person is on another level and I don't think it's hypocritical to condemn such acts of violence...

Now none of this concerns whether Fainu is guilty or not guilty; that's for the court to decide. What it does concern is the idea that people should not be casting judgement on the 'act itself' which I think is totally acceptable.

Simon, its always perhaps a little unwise to judge from a distance when you don't know the full story.

Suggesting he's a 'dickhead' implies ongoing issues throughout his life, but I look back at the kid's history and he has had no convictions, his only incident involving the police, being the videoing of a sex act, for which he was not convicted. The only other issue was a car crash that left him injured, but then three other young Manly players were involved and we don't know the circumstances.

The sex filming was stupid, but pretty typical of adolescent folly. Only difference is because he is well known and such things get public exposure but I wonder how many silly things you did in your younger years. I certainly did and one of two could have led to legal issues. It happens.

Now if he is guilty of the stabbing, that is a major issue, no question, and a disturbing one. But really what had he done before to warrant the 'dickhead' designation?
I am answered this in other posts above @Bearfax :banghead:BUT gang signs in photos eg try celebrations, with other Islander players after matches, gang affiliation, gang associates etc You also need to question as to why he wasn't picked up by Parra ...... It wasn't because of a lack of form, potential or ability that's for sure. It was behavioural.
And we are talking about Parramatta now!!! They don't have a no dickheads policy.
In fact I think you have to be a dickhead to have any chance of recruitment. @:cool:
You can have edge to character and slip up and make mistakes in life but stabbing another person is on another level and I don't think it's hypocritical to condemn such acts of violence...

Now none of this concerns whether Fainu is guilty or not guilty; that's for the court to decide. What it does concern is the idea that people should not be casting judgement on the 'act itself' which I think is totally acceptable.
I agree with Snake so lets just recall the "act itself", and also that none of my posts above pass judgement on whether Fainu is guilty or not guilty of those acts.

"Fainu is accused of almost killing a man in a knife attack at a church dance in southwest Sydney in late October. He has pleaded not guilty to a number of charges including wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, recklessly causing grievous bodily harm in company and affray. Police allege his victim was found at the Wattle Grove party with a punctured lung after being stabbed in the back."

If proven these are not the acts of a "dickhead", they are clearly in a far worse category then that. (stabbed in the back, punctured lung - this is a dog act, not a dickhead act) Again, I hope he is found not guilty on all charges, stops acting like a dickhead, and gets to play many years with his brothers in the Manly Sea Eagles.

I wont be posting anymore on this Topic. I think we all hope he gets a fair hearing and a positive result.

big difference between a choir boy and a stabbing charge...it's not like people are throwing stones at the guy because he got on the piss, etc. he allegedly stabbed someone. He may be indeed be innocent but lets not imply the ol' 'pot calling the kettle black' applies here...it's not like we've all had a stab or two ourselves...c'mon.
We only know our own sins and misdemeanors. I think you might be surprised what some of us have previously/presently been involved in. Just a hunch.

I'm sorry, but for someone with such an important trial coming up, he really is a bit of a twit. Earlier this week he shared a post on insta from someone supporting the St G players and really insulting the NRL 360 commentators. On the same platform he continually idolises the whole gangsta thing. Just. Plain. Stoopid.

Last edited:
You clearly haven't understood my post...

The original post I responded to suggested that there must be a lot of 'choir boys' (meaning people that have never done anything wrong in their lives) on the forum sitting in judgement of the act of stabbing another person. I disagree with this.

I don't think TMT was saying "who hasn't stabbed someone".
Seemed to me it was in reference to his minor indiscretions, that no one was talking about while he was killing it in 2019.

Obviously a lot of choir boys on this forum judging by the stones that are being thrown.
Im not sure which side of the fence you are sitting on here but What else can you use to make judgement calls on?

In the Case of MF he doesn't deny he was at the shindig. He hasnt named the person or persons apprently involved or that actually did the deed. Someone DID get stabbed dont forget. He does have some history of the questionable type. He has put the club and his fellow teammates in a tough position. We are on a bloody hot run at the moment and any court case of this tyoe will have ramifications on the playing group.

All the points above are facts. The only fact thats been excluded at the moment is the name of the person that actually did it if not MF and for some reason that unicorn continues not to be named.

He is also free to support whomever he wishes. Nothing overly surprising about footballers supporting other footballers. If you don't agree with his views, then stop reading his sh1t. Who cares? He's a young footy player, not a bloody saint. Shock, horror, gasp.

Im not sure which side of the fence you are sitting on here but What else can you use to make judgement calls on?

In the Case of MF he doesn't deny he was at the shindig. He hasnt named the person or persons apprently involved or that actually did the deed. Someone DID get stabbed dont forget. He does have some history of the questionable type. He has put the club and his fellow teammates in a tough position. We are on a bloody hot run at the moment and any court case of this tyoe will have ramifications on the playing group.

All the points above are facts. The only fact thats been excluded at the moment is the name of the person that actually did it if not MF and for some reason that unicorn continues not to be named.
The presumption of innocence which seems to have been lost by the NRL and some of us.

He is also free to support whomever he wishes. Nothing overly surprising about footballers supporting other footballers. If you don't agree with his views, then stop reading his sh1t. Who cares? He's a young footy player, not a bloody saint. Shock, horror, gasp.
You forget rugby league is a business now…… just ask young Issy Folau!

Just sayin!

If I was going to court on a serious charge … I would be very very careful what I said on social media and the people I am seen to be associated with!

just sayin’

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8