Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Regardless of how ppl want to view the situation, which is probably best left till after his hearing....he comes from a great family and I will also say, they are all effected by this ongoing saga and extra add ons through media and the like....just maybe as Manly supporters, it would be a good time to support the Fainu family when most needed, rather than put the boot in like the scuzzy media baron's and with the case itself....maybe smarter to hear the outcome before throwing out negative opinions.
Good Manly post!

I don't think anyone is condemning Manase for the currently hypothetical results from his upcoming court case. None of us know how that will resolve. I hope he is found not guilty, and can continue his career with us. He has the potential to be one of our greatest ever nines.

In terms of his character Manase has behaved like a dickhead on numerous occasions. None of that dickhead behaviour will have any bearing on the results of the court case. I.E There is nothing admissable that will be given any consideration.

Regardless of the outcome of this case Manase is still a dickhead, and will need to consciously change his offfield behaviour, and who he spends time with, to avoid any more legal situations in the future.
Perspective time

Before we can call some one a dick head we need to walk a mile in their shoes and walk their lifes journey and the events that shaped their psychological inner being .

Life is a lesson and we have all learned our lessons some hard way and our character is defined on not in ever failing but in the way we bounce back and rise to become our best version and by all reports Manase is doing just that

C9eDJiiXgAEuW-9.png

There are a lot of dickheads in the NRL

just sayin’
Heaps of dickheads in the NRL. Just look at St George this week. However, gang signs in photos (wearing a Manly jersey with other Manly players), gang affiliations and having known close gang associates, a conviction for filming and posting a sex act without consent etc etc, let alone the petty **** he was involved in as a juvenile ....... all this stuff is just stupid crap. I don't know what your definition of a dickhead is, but based on the behaviour above, it looks like he is trending that way.

AS I have said on "multiple" previous occasion I hope he is found innocent of all charges, and he fulfils his obvious potential as a superstar of the game. Dickhead or no dickhead.

Perspective time

Before we can call some one a dick head we need to walk a mile in their shoes and walk their lifes journey and the events that shaped their psychological inner being .

Life is a lesson and we have all learned our lessons some hard way and our character is defined on not in ever failing but in the way we bounce back and rise to become our best version and by all reports Manase is doing just that

View attachment 18610
Your going to pay me how much and all I have to do is not hang around with gangland villains... :)

Manly have had heaps of dickheads over the years.
Terry Hill
John Hopoate
Anthony Watmough
Jorge Taufua

Just imagine if the had CCTV and everyone had a camera in the 70s and 80s. How many of our glory days players would have been charged or arrested for the **** they pulled.

My mum had some stories of dickhead Manly players ruining her friends wedding in the early 80s. They pulled out a football at the reception and proceeded to run at each other whilst pissed as mules. One thing led to another and a punch on followed. Police came and obviously nothing was ever mentioned in the papers and no players were ever questioned.

Obviously a lot of choir boys on this forum judging by the stones that are being thrown.
big difference between a choir boy and a stabbing charge...it's not like people are throwing stones at the guy because he got on the piss, etc. he allegedly stabbed someone. He may be indeed be innocent but lets not imply the ol' 'pot calling the kettle black' applies here...it's not like we've all had a stab or two ourselves...c'mon.

Heaps of dickheads in the NRL. Just look at St George this week. However, gang signs in photos (wearing a Manly jersey with other Manly players), gang affiliations and having known close gang associates, a conviction for filming and posting a sex act without consent etc etc, let alone the petty **** he was involved in as a juvenile ....... all this stuff is just stupid crap. I don't know what your definition of a dickhead is, but based on the behaviour above, it looks like he is trending that way.

AS I have said on "multiple" previous occasion I hope he is found innocent of all charges, and he fulfils his obvious potential as a superstar of the game. Dickhead or no dickhead.
Complex situation for sure I think. Also can’t recall but doesn’t Manase have some form of disability needs, cognitive perhaps? Wasn’t that part of his prior defence around the filming stuff? Also hasn’t this kid grown up in the western suburbs with these guys who would all be family to him? It’s not that easy to seperate from that as a young bloke. Not d fending what he’s accused of but he’s still a young guy and there are always complicating factors at play. I hope he gets off, learns a lesson from this experience and returns to the team when mentally and physically fit.

Obviously a lot of choir boys on this forum judging by the stones that are being thrown.
Mate I get it. Many of us have come through similar experiences when we were younger.
Hanging with the wrong crew. Acting up. Doing stupid things. Essentially just being young dickheads. Either you get over that bull**** or you don't. Manase unfortunately has got to a point in his life, where he may no longer have that choice to change his behaviour himself. Essentially it is now out of his hands. I think we all want to see a positive result for him in court. The seriousness of his charges will inevitably result in a custodial sentence if the result goes the other way. I hope for him and his family it goes well for him.

I don't think anyone is condemning Manase for the currently hypothetical results from his upcoming court case. None of us know how that will resolve. I hope he is found not guilty, and can continue his career with us. He has the potential to be one of our greatest ever nines.

In terms of his character Manase has behaved like a dickhead on numerous occasions. None of that dickhead behaviour will have any bearing on the results of the court case. I.E There is nothing admissable that will be given any consideration.

Regardless of the outcome of this case Manase is still a dickhead, and will need to consciously change his offfield behaviour, and who he spends time with, to avoid any more legal situations in the future.

Simon, its always perhaps a little unwise to judge from a distance when you don't know the full story.

Suggesting he's a 'dickhead' implies ongoing issues throughout his life, but I look back at the kid's history and he has had no convictions, his only incident involving the police, being the videoing of a sex act, for which he was not convicted. The only other issue was a car crash that left him injured, but then three other young Manly players were involved and we don't know the circumstances.

The sex filming was stupid, but pretty typical of adolescent folly. Only difference is because he is well known and such things get public exposure but I wonder how many silly things you did in your younger years. I certainly did and one of two could have led to legal issues. It happens.

Now if he is guilty of the stabbing, that is a major issue, no question, and a disturbing one. But really what had he done before to warrant the 'dickhead' designation?

big difference between a choir boy and a stabbing charge...it's not like people are throwing stones at the guy because he got on the piss, etc. he allegedly stabbed someone. He may be indeed be innocent but lets not imply the ol' 'pot calling the kettle black' applies here...it's not like we've all had a stab or two ourselves...c'mon.
Difference between choir boy and stabbing charge is exactly the same as choir boy and sexual assault charges. We have been here before. Can we at least let the courts make a decision before we start judging the kid? None of us were there.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8