Lottoland Upgrade news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
I can't access the article. It says it is a Subscriber article. I even tried finding an alternative with google search and still only found the Subscriber article. What is the headline on the article? Is it the same as what is written in the link?
I just googled Manly Daily 21/7/17 and it came up see pic attached

Attachments

• IMG_0411.PNG
    IMG_0411.PNG
    113.3 KB · Views: 96

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Brookvale will end up with more concept drawings than the Hugo Boss design studio before anything meaningful is done to it.....

brad

First Grader
I can't access the article. It says it is a Subscriber article. I even tried finding an alternative with google search and still only found the Subscriber article. What is the headline on the article? Is it the same as what is written in the link?
I had the same drama.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Would be more optimistic if it didn't say the push for the upgrade would start #nextweek

HappilyManly

Journey Man
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n/news-story/06b15d86917be5194718f92235d98947

Mayor pushes Lottoland upgrade at Brookvale despite funding confusion
Robbie Patterson, Manly Daily
October 20, 2017 5:17pm

A NEW push to upgrade Lottoland – which could allow developers to build up to seven storeys to the south of the oval in exchange for a stadium of up to 20,000 seats – will start next week.

Northern Beaches Mayor Michael Regan said the time was right to redevelop Brookvale Oval’s outdated grandstands and infrastructure and he would try to get the process moving at Tuesday’s council meeting.

He said the council would push forward regardless of confusion over whether “promised” money from the state was still available.

Sea Eagles owner Scott Penn remains steadfast there is a “longstanding agreement” between the State Government and his club to fund an upgrade.

He said they were still working under the presumption of receiving $12.5 million from the Federal Government, a Centre of Excellence grant, plus $10 million from the State Government, in what amounted to a verbal agreement with then-premier Mike Baird.

Last year the Manly Daily reported Mr Baird broke the news to the Sea Eagles in a late-night call to former boss Joe Kelly that they could apply for $10 million grant to kickstart an upgrade. Mr Baird was quoted as saying: “This is great news and I look forward to the Sea Eagles putting in their application as soon as possible.”

ec1ea62ec00ddddb46fc729d91c48496

Sea Eagles owner Scott Penn remains steadfast there is a “longstanding agreement” between the State Government and his club to fund an upgrade.
But a spokeswoman for NSW Sports Minister Stuart Ayres yesterday said the only funding available was through the Centre of Excellence fund and successful applicants were yet to be determined. She was not aware of a previous commitment from the state to kick in $10 million.

“Brookvale Oval is owned by the local council and the council is responsible for its future,” she said. “Any development concept would be the responsibility of the local council.”

Mr Penn said they were leaning towards building a centre of excellence at Lottoland as part of an upgrade but had also been relying on the $10 million he said was promised by Mr Baird.

On top of that, former prime minister Tony Abbott promised $12.5 million towards an upgrade, which is in this year’s budget and available when the Sea Eagles require it.

“The $12.5 million from the Federal Government and $10 million from State to do an eastern stand is an existing commitment. The centre of excellence funding was meant to be totally separate to that,” Mr Penn said.

Despite the confusion over state funds, Cr Regan said the way forward was to attract a mix of public and private investors to fund the redevelopment of Brookvale Park as an urban rejuvenation project that would kick off the revitalisation of the stadium.

He said ideas included building an eastern stand, a centre of excellence, an expanded range of community uses and mixed-use development.

“I believe that now is the time to refine a solution that not only takes the financial burden of maintaining Brookvale Oval from the ratepayers of the northern beaches but also delivers an amazing outcome for years to come,” he said.

Before the September election, Cr Regan estimated that 2000 seats under cover on the hill would cost about $15 million while 4000 would cost $25 million.

In the meantime, the Sea Eagles will start to build an extension of the east wing in 2018, which has been delayed by about a year.

Last edited:

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Walking around on it today at the fair, **** spend some coin fixing the actual field before anything else. Goat track. Still.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
What is the East Wing?
It’s at the White House and it’s not the West Wing, but that’s not important right now.

Seriously though, I think it refers to the eastward extension of the Jane Try and Arthurson stands down to the sideline. That will add another 1200 seats and will fix up the player dugout area also. Apparently the latter is a significant shortcoming compared to other grounds.

Here’s hoping anyway. That ground sponsor money from Lottoland should also be helping out with the ground maintenance issues.

double hoops

First Grader
Im not sure that our biggest sponsor now being associated with another club is a good sign.

They went missing off the away jersey half way through the year replaced by URM as well.

How long will Lottoland be called Lottoland is the question?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12