[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d/news-story/9182def6d55f989e7caff42dc6603a26
NSW Government steps in to sack Parramatta Eels board
9182def6d55f989e7caff42dc6603a26

Nick Tabakoff, The Daily Telegraph
43 minutes ago
9182def6d55f989e7caff42dc6603a26

• Parramatta Leagues Club board will be sacked by the state government
  • ILGA decided today to install Max Donnelly as administrator
  • Mr Donnelly will remain in place until ILGA decides otherwise
  • The move follows plans by the Eels to appeal the salary cap sanctions
THE Parramatta Leagues Club board will be sacked and a temporary administrator installed after the state government today intervened in a bid to return stability to the embattled club.

A Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority meeting today decided it had enough evidence to remove the board and empower Deputy Premier Troy Grant to appoint an administrator.

Max Donnelly, of Ferrier Hodgson, will take control of the club. The timing of when Mr Donnelly will take over is not yet clear and he is expected to remain in place until all investigations into the club’s dealings are finalised.

The club’s board had “ceased to be effective as a governing body” according to the state authority.

The decision by the government follows the club’s moves last week to appeal some of the penalties for salary cap breaches handed down by the NRL as well as a decision to block an extraordinary general meeting — on legal grounds — that was proposing to overthrow the board.

More...

Yep board are gooorrrnnne.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...administrator-appointed/7642472?section=sport

The Parramatta Leagues Club board has been sacked and an administrator appointed after officials were accused of using inflated invoices to make under-the-table payments to players.

The Parramatta Leagues Club, which provides entertainment and leisure services to members, owns the Parramatta Eels NRL club.

But the decision to remove the Leagues Club board effectively removes the Eels board as well, as the two boards shared the same seven directors. Directors must sit on the leagues club board to be on the other.

A spokesman for the Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority said it resolved to replace the board with a temporary administrator, Max Donnelly, of Ferrier Hodgson.

He said the authority was of the opinion the club's board had ceased to be effective as a governing body.

A statement from the authority said it "wishes to make clear that the appointment of a temporary administrator does not relate to any suggestion of insolvency".

Mr Donnelly is expected to remain in place until the authority decides otherwise.

Eels officials were accused of using merchandise sales and inflated invoices to make payments to team members.

A lot of us have probably dealt with clubs and .....

isn't it amazing how club directors can find loopholes when they need to.

I think 3 different times members tried to force an extraordinary general meeting to dump the board, but each time the board could find some anomaly or tiny little detail to stop the meeting going ahead. I've seen stuff like this a lot as I'm sure you guys have as well.

But as soon as they find a path they like...boom, done! Board dumped and the govt steps in.

One would logically think that if the membership tried 3 times to get a meeting, the 'vibe' (lol - castle) of the club was that it wanted a damn meeting. I think they'd rather a new board then the govt to step in.

But somehow the board rejected the will of the members 3 times but in a blink of an eye....could get the govt to sack them and take over.

sheesh....clubs!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10