[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I wonder if Toddy is waiting until after the A League final to see how the Wanderers fare? Maybe the outcome of that will lead to him ceding the west to them for this year.

OR:

Maybe he's waiting till the rep round so it can be buried with the focus on the Test match? Or maybe he will wait for Origin for the same reason...

Or maybe October 10th when it means sweet **** all!!

Good to see Wayne Smith. He was a student teacher at my school and took my class when I was in Year 6 in 1976.

A light punishment because of how it effects league in the west is stupid.
Their fans are use to missing the finals anyway. They keep hanging in there every year and hoping so one more year at the bottom won't hurt. Only the bandwagon ones will lose interest.

I wonder if Toddy is waiting until after the A League final to see how the Wanderers fare? Maybe the outcome of that will lead to him ceding the west to them for this year.

OR:

Maybe he's waiting till the rep round so it can be buried with the focus on the Test match? Or maybe he will wait for Origin for the same reason...
The wanderers will be given parra stadium by the sports minister ayres in the upcoming state budget. Parra will be moved to gosford #leaks

What do tickets for the NRL Grand Final usually cost? For this weekends A-League GF at the Adelaide Oval......the cheapest general admission tickets are $125......

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/eels/eels-consider-response-to-possible-points-penalty-for-alleged-salary-cap-breaches/news-story/1553ab34d5db28af5b66b82ee6293a90?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20dailytelegraphnrlndm%20(Daily%20Telegraph%20%7C%20NRL)

Eels consider response to possible points penalty for alleged salary cap breaches

an hour ago
DAVID RICCIOCHIEF SPORTS WRITERThe Daily Telegraph

PARRAMATTA would consider fielding an NRL side full of park footballers, immediately shedding players who have already signed with rival clubs and begin preparing for 2018.

In what could have a major and detrimental impact on TV ratings, crowds and interest, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal Eels powerbrokers have discussed how they plan to react, if the NRL rubs the club out of the finals race by docking them competition points for alleged salary cap breaches.

Having analysed more than 700,000 documents, the NRL are in the process of finalising their determination from the lengthy inquiry, with a decision on potential penalties expected to be handed down in the next 72 hours.

It has been widely reported that if found guilty of third-party deal cheating, the Eels face a multitude of penalties including the removal of key club figures caught up in the scandal, a huge monetary fine and the loss of points.

Currently sitting on 12-competition points, the Eels have won six of their nine matches this season.

12 wins — or 28-points — is considered the top-8 cut-off, meaning the Eels only need to win six of their remaining 15-games to remain in top-8 contention.

story-fni0cx12-1553ab34d5db28af5b66b82ee6293a90

However, with speculation that the NRL are considering docking the Eels eight competition points for salary cap breaches, they would then need to win 10 of their final 15-matches — not an inconceivable task.

But should the Eels be docked more than eight-points, they will almost certainly miss the finals, ensuring that the remainder of the season is effectively a waste.

It’s why Eels heavyweights have spoken about resting their biggest names, as opposed to playing at the risk of injury.

Playing in front of 31,815 fans against Canterbury at ANZ Stadium last Friday night, the Eels desicion to preserve their best players for 2018 would undoubtedly impact their home crowd figures and TV interest.

The immediate release of players, including Junior Paulo, who has signed a deal to join Canberra next season, would also allow the Eels to save money on their salary cap for 2018.

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg wouldn’t indicate when a decision would be made, saying only that his priority was putting the game first.

“This has been a thorough and diligent process but we are confident we will come up with the right resolution,’’ Greenberg said.

“This has been one of the toughest investigations we have undertaken ... the Integrity Unit has gone through more than 700,000 documents.

“So it has been an exhaustive process but the important thing is that we put the game first at all times.”

All I can say is.......

What the f*** does the impact any penalty has on TV ratings have to do with the punishment handed down ? They cheated so they pay. Incompetence is not defence.

Frankly I'm getting tired of all this crap. Rub the barstools out FFS !

That's a con job to put pressure on the League. No way they will take such action. That's just playing hard ball. The League hasnt helped itself by delaying its decision. Too much time has elapsed and its only giving Parra time to put further pressure on. If they did wrong they must suffer the consequences full stop.

Well, a long break till Manly's next match, and coming off a loss to boot, but luckily the Eels will provide us all with some merriment and mirth next week, can't wait to have a good lol.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8