[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
There is no doubt in my mind Parra should be put on zero points, and that it be done this year.
I could not believe my ears when one of the guys on fox (I think it was big Dell (read: Dill)) suggested they be docked next year.
Are you kidding me?. This is not a miscalculation, or an oversight - this is a scandal and was completely pre-meditated. Zero points in 2016 and clear the players out!.
We need Parra to keep the spoon warm the next few years where they belong.
NYEagle

I have a feeling that there will firstly be a substantial financial penalty and then a two tier points penalty. Something like this. A 200-400 thousand dollar fine, a loss of 4-8 game points and a deferred 15-26 game points (for any further infractions in the next 2 years). That way it will look like they are coming down hard but not affecting Parramatta's chances of reaching the finals and upsetting their fans too much. In other words a con job. They may even reduce their salary cap, but only a little, for next year.

If they do it this way as I suspect they will attempt, they will be under-estimating the reaction of supporters in general and setting a dangerous precedent. That's my fear anyway.

It's impossible to speculate on whether the penalty fits the crime until they announce exactly what the Eels have done.
If there is any dishonesty then suspending any part of a penalty would be stupid, it would have to be down to zero and play for no points.

Considering they already have a suspended points loss from (I think) last year after getting caught over the cap, they should get hit with nothing less than massive fines and a complete loss of 2016 competition points already earned and should get no more points for the rest of the season (i.e. they finish 2016 on zero points regardless).

Unfortunately though I suspect that the penalty will in no way fit the crime. The NRL is too concerned with the loss of fan support to the AFL and A-League and I believe they don't want to upset their benefactors Channel Nein by making the Speels season worthless.

I hope they lose all their points, and play the rest of the year for no points. The icing on the cake then, for me, would be to see them flog the bronco's. A no point game. Nice!

This is a frikken nightmare, I'm on my way to parra this morning, and am going through redfern at the present time. I think I have to through wests and Bulldogs areas too at some point. Sickening really.

Could be worse. At least you're not in Brisbane.

I wonder if Toddy is waiting until after the A League final to see how the Wanderers fare? Maybe the outcome of that will lead to him ceding the west to them for this year.

OR:

Maybe he's waiting till the rep round so it can be buried with the focus on the Test match? Or maybe he will wait for Origin for the same reason...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 13

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12