[Resurrected] LOL @ Newcastle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was advocating for Klemmer last year. I think he is what we need. Our only forward with a bit of mongrel, is a knock-on/penalty merchant (Keppie). Klem troubled us at Brookie with his strong carries and he's worked a nice offload into his game, after not having one for years. The sticking point is obviously coin. The Eels have money after losing out on Mahoney and Papa.

Our advantage could be the Northern Beaches. If Klemmer (and family) is happy living Newcastle and does not want to move back to Sydney, the commute is doable. The other trump card is he would be a starting prop at Manly. He'd be a bench prop at the Squeals.

Our advantage could be the Northern Beaches. If Klemmer (and family) is happy living Newcastle and does not want to move back to Sydney, the commute is doable. The other trump card is he would be a starting prop at Manly. He'd be a bench prop at the Squeals.
… that’s about 2 hrs each way!

If Klemmer (and family) is happy living Newcastle and does not want to move back to Sydney, the commute is doable.
… that’s about 2 hrs each way!
He'd only have to skip the coffee on the Corso after training. These guys have it good lol!
Doable?! There's nothing good about 2 hours each way on the M1 day in, day out. The coffee would be mandatory to get through it!

In all seriousness, with Klemmer's money I'd think he'd be happy to move back to Sydney and live on the Northern Beaches.

Sure that a lot of clubs would like to get hold of a more dominating type prop like Klemmer presently but just that difficulty of balancing their cap and redirecting existing players with freight adjustments . Would have been ideal with a direct replacement for Marty but then the upgrades required for the some of the existing pack . in Manly 's case for boosting the prop situation , probably the easiest option would be Jake to permanent prop and to find a capable 13 . Also think that Paseaka is not that far off getting to that more consistent and dominant level . [ also seems to have a few injury or repetitive injury issues as well unfortunately . ] Alioia main man at present , just not sure how much better Sipley and especially Keppie can improve . Boyle can be a solid performer when he is injury free . A couple of the young guns should come into the picture soon. . Good if Manly could accommodate him but out of range with the current cap settings

Just like Marty, and Pangai Jnr among others, Klemmer has been mailing in his efforts over the 3 or more seasons. They all realised there is no need to put in any real aggression because they are not allowed to anyway.

I wouldn’t swap him for a half eaten bagel.

NYEagle
Sign him up then if he has been mailing it in, imagine if someone got him motivated

2020 - 6th on total run metres, 174 per game
2021 - 15th on total run metres, 165 per game
2022 - 154 metres per game

Sign him up then if he has been mailing it in, imagine if someone got him motivated

2020 - 6th on total run metres, 174 per game
2021 - 15th on total run metres, 165 per game
2022 - 154 metres per game
If he understands the honour of wearing the Manly jersey and has a good relationship with Des he might be worth a shot.

He does eat metres and absorbs a lot of hard contact, but whether he has the same fire he used to is questionable. He also doesn’t seem as mobile as most players so there is little X factor there. But we have players like that I suppose so sign him up!.

NYEagle

Exhibit A: Nate "Miles on the Clock and **** in the Hallway" Myles. Possibly our worst buy ever. And that's in a field that includes Craig Field.

That's an extreme case, one we didn't want to be reminded of, but thanks anyway you proved my point.

I don't get the Field hate - he got us into a GF with nice FG vs Roosters in 1997, also kicked one the prior week to wrap up a win vs Knights. I thought he had a great season.

He went on to be an absolute killer after that.

I guess we all see it different and that's cool.

Just like Marty, and Pangai Jnr among others, Klemmer has been mailing in his efforts over the 3 or more seasons. They all realised there is no need to put in any real aggression because they are not allowed to anyway.

I wouldn’t swap him for a half eaten bagel.

NYEagle
spot on mate

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8