[Resurrected] LOL @ Newcastle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Halftime

Canberra 40 Newcastle 0

Will be interesting to see if Canberra go on with it, most side drop off like we did last night, they need to go on big though and wipe off more of their -91

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Remarkbly almost the same as our game,similar at half time and also at full time

I'm not surprised, Canberra have been awful in the 2nd half in most of their games this year, last week excepted.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Remarkbly almost the same as our game,similar at half time and also at full time

It is the case in 95% of the games where there is an early blowout

~dusts off thread~

Knights prop David Klemmer stood down​

Newcastle prop David Klemmer has been stood down by the Knights after he was issued with a show-cause notice "relating to on field disciplinary matters" during Sunday's 24-10 NRL loss to Canterbury.

It is understood Klemmer, who was not included in the 22-man squad to face the Wests Tigers on Sunday, allegedly abused a club trainer and refused to be substituted.

The Knights have not put a timeframe on when the prop may return to action.

The former Australian representative was recently linked with a move to Parramatta.

The Klemmer development comes after Newcastle coach Adam O'Brien conceded he may have come across as an "egomaniac" after a "poorly-articulated" press conference following Sunday's defeat.

The Klemmer development comes after Newcastle coach Adam O'Brien conceded he may have come across as an "egomaniac" after a "poorly-articulated" press conference following Sunday's defeat

Newcastle's home record is 2-8 this season and, after the loss, O'Brien spoke of his track record of reaching four grand finals an assistant at the Sydney Roosters and Melbourne before getting the Knights job.

The 44-year-old, who took the Knights to the finals in 2020 and 2021, is currently coaching a side running 14th and on Tuesday moved to clarify his comments.

"I'd like that [press conference] back," he said.

"It looks like I'm an egomaniac but that wasn't the message.

"I was trying to talk to the supporter who sits on the hill who must be wondering if they practice defence. Do they do tackle technique at training? Are they fit and tough?"

~dusts off thread~

Knights prop David Klemmer stood down​

Newcastle prop David Klemmer has been stood down by the Knights after he was issued with a show-cause notice "relating to on field disciplinary matters" during Sunday's 24-10 NRL loss to Canterbury.

It is understood Klemmer, who was not included in the 22-man squad to face the Wests Tigers on Sunday, allegedly abused a club trainer and refused to be substituted.

The Knights have not put a timeframe on when the prop may return to action.

The former Australian representative was recently linked with a move to Parramatta.

The Klemmer development comes after Newcastle coach Adam O'Brien conceded he may have come across as an "egomaniac" after a "poorly-articulated" press conference following Sunday's defeat.

The Klemmer development comes after Newcastle coach Adam O'Brien conceded he may have come across as an "egomaniac" after a "poorly-articulated" press conference following Sunday's defeat

Newcastle's home record is 2-8 this season and, after the loss, O'Brien spoke of his track record of reaching four grand finals an assistant at the Sydney Roosters and Melbourne before getting the Knights job.

The 44-year-old, who took the Knights to the finals in 2020 and 2021, is currently coaching a side running 14th and on Tuesday moved to clarify his comments.

"I'd like that [press conference] back," he said.

"It looks like I'm an egomaniac but that wasn't the message.

"I was trying to talk to the supporter who sits on the hill who must be wondering if they practice defence. Do they do tackle technique at training? Are they fit and tough?"
Listening to O'Briens pressers is like conversations in your local pub..lol.

Fancy O'Brien calling anybody else a egomaniac after his self promotion during the after match presser. I think it's an embarrassment to the club. I can't understand why Newcastle haven't sacked O'Brien yet.

Only thing I can think of is, for who? I can't see Saint Ciraldo or whoever is the next big thing lining up for the gig

Fancy O'Brien calling anybody else a egomaniac after his self promotion during the after match presser. I think it's an embarrassment to the club. I can't understand why Newcastle haven't sacked O'Brien yet.
I’m pretty sure he was referring to himself after having reviewed his own comments.

We should be all over Klemmer if he does part ways with Newcastle. He’s still only 28, been playing well in a bad team this year and has been coached by Des before. Just the kind of hard nut front rower we need and a definite upgrade over Marty.

With that said, we’ve only signed 2 players in the last 2 years and let plenty leave while our cap is still a mess, so wouldn’t be getting my hopes up.

We should be all over Klemmer if he does part ways with Newcastle. He’s still only 28, been playing well in a bad team this year and has been coached by Des before. Just the kind of hard nut front rower we need and a definite upgrade over Marty.

With that said, we’ve only signed 2 players in the last 2 years and let plenty leave while our cap is still a mess, so wouldn’t be getting my hopes up.
I agree - the Knights are desperate to offload him and will chip in to his contract - yes he's way over paid at the moment but he's still a very good yards forward and I think that's exactly what we lack. I know he's got a rep as a bit of a malcontent but it's maybe partly cause he busts himself to win and he's always been on crap teams.

At the price he'd be worth a look. Assume all the Marty money has been sent elsewhere already though via upgrades to others. Unlikely but I reckon he'd be great for us.

Yeah, was not a fan of Klemmer at the Dogs (wasn't a fan of Des at the Dogs either, mind you), but changed my opinion when I read that he and Jake became good mates after playing Origin together. I figure Jake is a good judge of character. So if he's good enough for Jake, he's good enough for me and I'd happily support him in a Manly jersey.

Just like Marty, and Pangai Jnr among others, Klemmer has been mailing in his efforts over the 3 or more seasons. They all realised there is no need to put in any real aggression because they are not allowed to anyway.

I wouldn’t swap him for a half eaten bagel.

NYEagle

Yeah, was not a fan of Klemmer at the Dogs (wasn't a fan of Des at the Dogs either, mind you), but changed my opinion when I read that he and Jake became good mates after playing Origin together. I figure Jake is a good judge of character. So if he's good enough for Jake, he's good enough for me and I'd happily support him in a Manly jersey.
As long as the Knights are subsidising most of his current contract....I'm all in.

Jake was also great mates with Twent Barrett. Look how that ended up 🤣

Pass on Klem.

heard part of a call on the local radio in newcastle today, an old biddie called in bagging the knights!
she said they could stop testing them for performance enhancing drugs
the d.j. said 'you don't think any of the players are on them?'
she replied 'they should test them for valium!'
i nearly fell out of the loader i was driving!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6