Lodge, you Monster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Wood duck is awful. Keppie a shocker tonight but even with his junk he offers more than Woody. Did keppie even get in after his first error ridden stint?
I can't stand Woods becoming a protected species, but as bad as he is, I thought he played okay these past two weeks. That said, I hope we don't re-sign the log for next season.

Lodge played his 1st game for Manly last week and has already made an impact. Lodge is 2 wins from 2 games into his Manly career and the question is "would Manly have won the last 2 games without him?". The club now needs to get serious and sign him long term.

Lodge played his 1st game for Manly last week and has already made an impact. Lodge is 2 wins from 2 games into his Manly career and the question is "would Manly have won the last 2 games without him?". The club now needs to get serious and sign him long term.
I'm fairly certain his signing was probably done and dusted weeks ago. The whole train and trial deal helps appease certain grumbling fans and fits him under the cap this year. I expect his signing will be announced at season's end to temper any wailing from the outrage brigade.

I’ve watched bits n pieces of Lodge over the years and have been impressed. He was playing at rep level quality last night. Outstanding. Very quick play the ball and single handedly got us in the front foot for the Koula try and back into the contest.

Im really looking forward to him taking on the Roosters pack this week. He’ll have a point to prove that’s for sure. Lodge v JWH bring it on!
The good thing about Lodge is that he's not on the wrong side of 30 yet.

I think we all need to calm down regarding Lodge…very reactive. Everyone was up in arms when he signed and now he is being lauded as the second coming of Jesus.

His ability as a footballer was never in question. He was always going to come and add starch, an offload and a high work rate. Nothing has surprised in his opening two games.

The issue is not can he play, it’s can he commit to playing at this standard and sustain his focus and discipline over months and years.

Judgement day for Lodge has not come after two games. It’ll come much further down the track. I wish him the best of luck but I am not getting ahead of myself and I hope the club aren’t either.

Last edited:
Talau is a shockingly bad signing. Doesn't make the Tigers best 17, which says a lot. Watching him closely for a while, and have come to the conclusion that he is a massive liability in defence, whilst also possessing zero footy awareness in attack. Not quick, or big, he is literally a downgrade on Harper. If we have an injury issue with outside backs, I would even have Burbo (Capewell style) in at centre ahead of Talau

Lodge and Brooks: big tick
Arthur and Paulo: decent depth
Talau and Condon: reserve graders at best

Agreed, one more high quality prop to compliment Jake, Paseka and Lodge (I would persist with Aloiai and Bully at this stage too). And a genuine dummy half to go with Croker. And a successful attack coach to support Seibs
Talau a replacement for Harper it's depth. Koula and Garrick start

I think we all need to calm down regarding Lodge…very reactive. Everyone was up in arms when he signed and now he is being lauded as the second coming of Jesus.

His ability as a footballer was never in question. He was always going to come and add starch, an offload and a high work rate. Nothing has surprised in his opening two games.

The issue is not can he play, it’s can he commit to playing at this standard and sustain his focus and discipline over months and years.

Judgement day for Lodge has not come after two games. It’ll come much further down the track. I wish him the best of luck but I am not getting ahead of myself and I hope the club aren’t either.

I agree - lets wait until after the off season before signing.

Should play for a contract every season.
What ever his Telstra tracker body worn GPS numbers were last night, they should be locked in as his ‘default’ personal performance. If he dips underneath for 2 minutes or more, he gets lit up with a taser like electrical shock for 10 seconds. Just enough to let him know that he’s dipped *.
(yes, I’m more than happy with last night’s performance but am still a tad cynical. Let’s see how he finishes off the year).
*and yes I can be a sadistical ***t at times.

Damn it. Note to self. Read the whole thread before commenting and inadvertently posting the same sort of message. (Although you left the tasering out LC). ;)

I’ve watched bits n pieces of Lodge over the years and have been impressed. He was playing at rep level quality last night. Outstanding. Very quick play the ball and single handedly got us in the front foot for the Koula try and back into the contest.

Im really looking forward to him taking on the Roosters pack this week. He’ll have a point to prove that’s for sure. Lodge v JWH bring it on!
You can bet JWH will target him for sure and yes, he only got a fine again. He has now become a protected species

Last edited:
Talau is a shockingly bad signing. Doesn't make the Tigers best 17, which says a lot. Watching him closely for a while, and have come to the conclusion that he is a massive liability in defence, whilst also possessing zero footy awareness in attack. Not quick, or big, he is literally a downgrade on Harper. If we have an injury issue with outside backs, I would even have Burbo (Capewell style) in at centre ahead of Talau

Lodge and Brooks: big tick
Arthur and Paulo: decent depth
Talau and Condon: reserve graders at best

Agreed, one more high quality prop to compliment Jake, Paseka and Lodge (I would persist with Aloiai and Bully at this stage too). And a genuine dummy half to go with Croker. And a successful attack coach to support Seibs
I have Talau above Harper. Plus you have to remember he is playing for the Tigers right now. He should lift when he isn't playing in that swamp of a team.

I have Talau above Harper. Plus you have to remember he is playing for the Tigers right now. He should lift when he isn't playing in that swamp of a team.
He’s playing in the Wests reserve grade right now. Is he coming back from injury?, out of favour because he’s coming here?, or he’s really shiit?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8