Locke - Train and Trial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Pretty sure he's gone aswell
I thought he was actually contracted not a train and trial?

If he is gone as well as Locke then maybe another signing is coming.

Last edited:
I thought he was actually contracted not a train and trial?

If he is gone as well as Locke then maybe another signing for is coming.
Could be. Maybe if the other rumour about Snake is true and he is done then they are clearing the decks for a centre. Not sure who is available but it's a possibility...

To be fair it was the same at soufs last year when he could not land a deal.

I'm not disappointed that Manly have let him go, i'm disappointed he didn't do what was required for Manly to keep him.

He must just not have "it" anymore. It would have been nice to see him impress and come back the player he was a few seasons ago but obviously that player no longer exists so that's why he has been let go.

Matthew Wright has played full seasons at fullback (at Cronulla, where he played 17 straight games in the 1 jumper in 2012). He is obviously not Tom T but he is safe under the high ball and should be handy injury back-up. I notice Brad Parker also played a number of games at fullback in NYC. It's a massive baptism of fire playing first grade in the 1 jumper but I guess that's another option if we get desperate with injuries.

Pretty sure he's gone aswell
Wow, I'm stunned. We have to have faith our coaches are making the correct calls. But Ummm far out. That just leaves a massive hole. We are in all sorts today. Add Willy Army and Snake and we just lost 4 fullbacks. F.O.U.R

Still short an experienced centre.

I think I seen that there is only 49 days until the 9's.

Who ever Bozo thinks he is going to sign, he better bloody hope he gets him.

We are now in worse shape at fullback then we are at centre.

Was just watching Peter Schusters' youtube vid from his performances in 2016 with us in the Intrust cup and if Double Hoops is right and he is playing with us next year he looks pretty good.Came from wing in union and is very good under high ball,such a sxxx year from intrust cup that there are a lot of defensive highlights and he is good both on the wing and at fullback.Looks really quick and elusive,makes good decisions and joins in well in the backline from fullback with good/quick hands for the offload and making the extra man like snake.Can also bust a tackle and stand and offload,strong but not as big as Jorge.Maybe he is having a good preseason and is impressing some people at the club....

Maybe Tom Wright will be in the mix in 2017.
Did not set the world on fire in 2016 with limited opportunities due to injury. With a full offseason behind him he could make some kind of impact in 2017.

Tom Wright needed time to adjust to League and it was regrettable that much of his first season was on the side line. This young kid is who I think Fulton is hoping will be Green's replacement in a year or two. In the meantime he's quick and evasive enough to form a great partnership with TT, playing on the wing. But there is the question of Taufua, Uate, Omar even Parker. He's got a battle on his hands.

Actually we have been very quiet about Jono Wright, haven't we...but he is considered a solid player, and I noticed on a Warriors site that he was considered the fittest player in their team at the start of last year - so he evidently tries hard, and makes up for an apparent lack of outright skill by busting his arse at training, which makes him better than more talented but lazy players, in my book. Won't set the world on fire, but won;t let us down, either.

One more observation about our wingers, before I forget - hunt down the image for Cameron Cullen's member zone interview, and check out the facials on J Wright and Uate in the background, as he pushes a serious amount of weight. Love that enthusiasm! And judging by those plates which look fat enough to be 25kg, Cullen is squatting well over 200kg, BTW.

Was just watching Peter Schusters' youtube vid from his performances in 2016 with us in the Intrust cup and if Double Hoops is right and he is playing with us next year he looks pretty good.Came from wing in union and is very good under high ball,such a sxxx year from intrust cup that there are a lot of defensive highlights and he is good both on the wing and at fullback.Looks really quick and elusive,makes good decisions and joins in well in the backline from fullback with good/quick hands for the offload and making the extra man like snake.Can also bust a tackle and stand and offload,strong but not as big as Jorge.Maybe he is having a good preseason and is impressing some people at the club....
Yep there was a highlights video of our NSW cup team on the NRL NSW cup site about mid October. Schuster and Parker both looked like our standout a couple of times Schuster's pace looked impressive.

Given some pretty handy reserve graders like Dylan Kelly and Isaac John were released from our reserves. Schuster must have shown something to still be training with us for 2017.

Those snippets from highlights and seeing someone at their best ,does only ever tell half a story though.

Perhaps someone on here like @Hgbcds who If I remember correctly, watches plenty of reserves, may have some more insight into how John Schuster nephew went.

If Schuster was consistently a stand out in reserves, I'm just a little surprised more wasn't written about him this year, on here and else where, the same way Jamil Hopoate received plenty of praise.

Let's hope he or someone is making Locke and Omar Alphabet look like second rate fullbacks, because I'm struggling to see who is wearing our No 1 jersey in the NRL if turbo goes down and we have let them both go.

Last edited:
Yep there was a highlights video of our NSW cup team on the NRL NSW cup site about mid October. Schuster and Parker both looked like our standout a couple of times Schuster's pace looked impressive.

Given some pretty handy reserve graders like Dylan Kelly and Isaac John were released from our reserves. Schuster must have shown something to still be training with us for 2017.

Those snippets from highlights and seeing someone at their best ,does only ever tell half a story though.

Perhaps someone on here like @Hgbcds who If I remember correctly, watches plenty of reserves, may have some more insight into how John Schuster nephew went.

If Schuster was consistently a stand out in reserves, I'm just a little surprised more wasn't written about him this year, on here and else where, the same way Jamil Hopoate received plenty of praise.

Let's hope he or someone is making Locke and Omar Alphabet look like second rate fullbacks, because I'm struggling to see who is wearing our No 1 jersey in the NRL if turbo goes down and we have let them both go.
You wld think tom wright or mathew wright... I think matt is a solid seasoned player who is very capable under the high ball .. He may well be walkers centre partner i think he shld because he wld be our best goal kicking option

You wld think tom wright or mathew wright... I think matt is a solid seasoned player who is very capable under the high ball .. He may well be walkers centre partner i think he shld because he wld be our best goal kicking option

Please no!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10