Lloyd Perrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We have gone out and signed all of the big prospects over the last few years that have had off field issues, injury etc that has seen them not reach their potential yet.

AFB, Meehan, Lane, Sironen, Perrett, Sliemenkle, Hopoate - then add experienced players that are trying to recapture their top form like Uate and Locke, plus a solid performer in Green and an up and coming possible star in Kelly.

Most if not all have come cheap and it's a smart approach, as they wouldn't have been considered future stars if they had nothing going for them. Not all of them will kick on of course, but we have bought a lot of them and only need one or two to reach their potential and we have just added future stars to the squad.

It's a game of numbers and Bozo is obviously thinking that he'll keep the cream and release those that don't kick on, then replace them with a couple of established stars next year when money from Matai and Snake becomes available.

Our 2018 team is going to be a cracker.
Refer to my previous thread about the plan, I can clearly see what they are doing and this is it, here's your chance, prove it and you'll become part of the 2018 team heading for glory.

Fail, and its bye bye.

And no huge dollars wasted.

Very very smart thinking!

I'm pretty happy with this. Obviously $400K was massive overs at the Dogs, but they still must have rated him very highly indeed not long ago. Similar to Lussick at Parra perhaps - big money, big expectations, not 100% happy...came to the right club and went berko for us last year. Here's hoping Lloyd can do the same!

I don't think the Dogs wanted to let him go but had no choice. According to news articles, they were over the cap because they tried to keep him. Also, Tolman resigned a couple of days ago so they Dogs were probably waiting on that signature before cutting LLoyd loose.

I think a player of his size has to be a chance at making in FG at some stage. Given he is only 21 and props developed later than other positions, anything is possible.

I haven't seen a lot of him but he seems like a very big boy. Bit of a Georgie Rose type, maybe?

Hmm. Not the prop signing from the doggies I was wanting to hear. Ill wait till the recruitment season is over before passing judgement though. Centre is going to be what counts.

I wouldn't read too much into the Kennel's opinion of Lloyd, lot's of them have no idea. He has the makings of a great prop, believe me. Needed a bit more time at the dogs. They shafted him pretty bad, didn't let him play last season in hope to push him out of the club. He is a good signing for Manly.
I thought that about the plodder..

Hmm. Not the prop signing from the doggies I was wanting to hear. Ill wait till the recruitment season is over before passing judgement though. Centre is going to be what counts.
I really think the the signing of Greham would be detrimental to J turbos development and confidence.
We don't need another egotistic bully in our club, let alone in the 25.
And I am a fan of the Englishman, I love his passion.

Refer to my previous thread about the plan, I can clearly see what they are doing and this is it, here's your chance, prove it and you'll become part of the 2018 team heading for glory.

Fail, and its bye bye.

I agree the signings though not big names (yet)....have an opportunity to prove themselves and it's fair to say it's well played with not much risk.
Fact is, IF say Aaron Woods or Jack Bird were available and the money was available....both would be at Manly in 2017.
It's just a case of making the best signings with who is available on a limited budget like every other team does.

Fail, and its bye bye.

Mark....starting to feel your stitching me up with " The Plan" stuff .....
Long as the next few seasons bring back a competitive, committed Seaeagles team....The Plan, or simply signing the best players you can cater for with an unsure budget...all is good....especially if another sneaky backline signing can be added before 2017.
I do 100% agree with a big budget and an avalanche of quality players available for 2018, to go with these potential 2017 signings and the link to the Blacktown base....the future looks strong!!

I agree the signings though not big names (yet)....have an opportunity to prove themselves and it's fair to say it's well played with not much risk.
Fact is, IF say Aaron Woods or Jack Bird were available and the money was available....both would be at Manly in 2017.
It's just a case of making the best signings with who is available on a limited budget like every other team does.

Mark....starting to feel your stitching me up with " The Plan" stuff .....
Long as the next few seasons bring back a competitive, committed Seaeagles team....The Plan, or simply signing the best players you can cater for with an unsure budget...all is good....especially if another sneaky backline signing can be added before 2017.
I do 100% agree with a big budget and an avalanche of quality players available for 2018, to go with these potential 2017 signings and the link to the Blacktown base....the future looks strong!!

No stiching at all mate , the plan is retain the keys, offer chances to a bunch of players ( some of whom will succeed but others won't ) and enter the market BIG TIME at the end of 2017 for the 2-3 others we need.

I'm on board!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10