Likely team for Rd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Fluffy

Journey Man
No, just that there was an article in the Manly Daily that reported how people at the club believe him to be a better prospect than Brian Kelly. The point I am trying to make is that the club have promoted a bunch of young guys into the top 30... therefore they must believe they are up to the task of playing first grade.

Funa does seem strange, was in the top 30 last year as well so should get a look in.

Was all that impressive compared to his competition in the trials but trials are trials.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Put your hand up mate, at this point, surely we are all in the mix @:D

01. @Dan
02. @bazeagle
03. @BOZO
04. @mutley
05. @globaleagle
06. @Woodsie (c)
07. @Ryan
08. @Kevinward777
09. @brad
10. @Mark from Brisbane
11. @HoldenV8
12. @manlyfan76
13. @mickqld

14. @fLIP
15. @The Wheel
16. @maxta
17. @Budgewoi Eagle

Coach: Des Hasler

Apologies to those that missed out. Des is rebuilding, and you cost too much right now. We are looking for potential, not proven.
Would need plenty of reserves. Once Greenberg applies his eyeball test to that lineup at least half of them would be wiped out with one of his discretionary suspensions. Especially the backs!

ricardo

Bencher
Put your hand up mate, at this point, surely we are all in the mix @:D

01. @Dan
02. @bazeagle
03. @BOZO
04. @mutley
05. @globaleagle
06. @Woodsie (c)
07. @Ryan
08. @Kevinward777
09. @brad
10. @Mark from Brisbane
11. @HoldenV8
12. @manlyfan76
13. @mickqld

14. @fLIP
15. @The Wheel
16. @maxta
17. @Budgewoi Eagle

Coach: Des Hasler

Apologies to those that missed out. Des is rebuilding, and you cost too much right now. We are looking for potential, not proven.

Full credit to the boys, it was a game of two halves, nothing left out on the park.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Holy Dooley. Jeezly Crow.

When this team makes the eight there will be some egg faced death riders on this site.

Des is an amazing coach. You only have to listen to the media releases to realise how much things have changed from playing cricket and sinking beers. I’d like a boss like that who also made excuses every week but come on.

I hope all you pessimists sleep well. Manly will play finals this year based on what o saw of the trials. Looks a lot like 2005 to me. And Michael Witt was my biggest conce rn then. Have four five-eighths better than him in the squad.
If I pay for packaging TEE, can you send me down some of that Darwinian Kush. It's doing you wonders.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Does anyone know what round Albert Hopoate will have recovered from his knee injury?

If the reports I read last week are anywhere close to the mark, then he'll be available from about rounds 3 or 4. But don't expect him to be put straight into first grade. He'll have at least a month or so (provided we aren't beset with injuries) for Blacktown before Des even considers him.

I think the way Des selected his teams for the trial is going to disappoint a lot of people who don't want either Parker or Suli in the team. I can honestly see them being our centres for at least the first 3-4 weeks unless they both right royally stuff things up.

It probably wouldn't be so bad if Turbo hadn't done his hammy or Walker wasn't such a wanker. But it is what it is.

Gee. How up to date are Fox sports news going.In there predicted teams for round 1 they have named Tanginoa, Paseka and Api. Do they know soemthing we dont know

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
But it is what it is.
What is done is done .
But it is what it is.
What is done is done .
But is it? Is it really? Sheesh

If imagination has run out of juice
We could offer a prize for creative word use?
we all know those times... you want to add to a thread,
but everything has already been said.
Well please don’t get cross (and don’t bite your nails)
Simply thank Dan for Silvertails!

(and also I guess you may as well join the tipping comp)

(apologies to Bozo & V8 for selective quoting) @;)

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I think the way Des selected his teams for the trial is going to disappoint a lot of people who don't want either Parker or Suli in the team. I can honestly see them being our centres for at least the first 3-4 weeks unless they both right royally stuff things up.

Two things V8 ... firstly I have been reliably informed by every 2nd poster on Silvertails that Des does not make selection mistakes and under his coaching both Suli and Parker will be pushing for SOO selection by rd 2 ....

And secondly .... they will both go well and give it their best shots .... and we may wish for better, but as they are what we have ... let's stick solid and get behind them ... GO Manly and go you good things .....

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Two things V8 ... firstly I have been reliably informed by every 2nd poster on Silvertails that Des does not make selection mistakes and under his coaching both Suli and Parker will be pushing for SOO selection by rd 2 ....

And secondly .... they will both go well and give it their best shots .... and we may wish for better, but as they are what we have ... let's stick solid and get behind them ... GO Manly and go you good things .....

Honestly, I have no issue with playing Parker and Suli in the centres at this stage. I think both were fairly solid in the trials, Suli's handling on Saturday night aside, and when it comes down to it they are the most experienced options we have available in the absence of the likes of Tom and Walker, especially with Elliot currently being the fullback cover for Tom.

Unfortunately there are some people (fans) out there, especially with those pea brains on Facebook, who seem to think that their opinions carry weight with what the coach will do. They don't want Parker or Suli so obviously Des can't and won't pick them. I think they'll be disappointed.

I agree with you mate in that they are in the maroon and white and we should support them. Yet there are some out there, even our own fans, who seem to be death riding our own players form simply because they don't agree with them being there.

Des will do what he thinks is best for the team. What I want or what Joe Blow out there in suburbia wants won't make a lick of difference to Des. Mr Hasler learned his trade under Bozo. He's the boss, end of story.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
But is it? Is it really? Sheesh

If imagination has run out of juice
We could offer a prize for creative word use?
we all know those times... you want to add to a thread,
but everything has already been said.
Well please don’t get cross (and don’t bite your nails)
Simply thank Dan for Silvertails!

(and also I guess you may as well join the tipping comp)

(apologies to Bozo & V8 for selective quoting) @;)
All good feathered friend . All for one and one for all :)

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
But how about , Cherry, Elgey, Kelly & Walker together , a much much better back line than we have now.
Des did not think so. Other wise he would have gone all out to Keep Kelly . We do need money to upgrade players like Hoppa who is rated a better prospect

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12