Likely team for Rd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Mate, love the enthusiasm but with this amount of firing up, you’re going to peak too early!! Let’s see...two weeks to go...Maybe cut back on the forum super-sets for the next week, then start to taper off the keyboard workload on say, Monday next week, until you’re rested. Start to load up on a protein-and-hatred rich diet of Eel, Tiger and Rabbit on about Wednesday, up your intake of half-baked Rooster, then you’ll be ready to rip a Tiger’s head right off, come Saturday night!!

Mate i am just warming up with my enthusiasm , I have not peaked yet .

I do not believe in going half hearted into to anything , even pre season

Pre season work outs get you worked up and primed up for the big season ahead

I am always full on confidence and ready to go !!!

I put this sign up in the gym where i train

and I can understand why some stay home after a few sessions

s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
I would be saying at this stage ... any yart with Suli in the centres is wrong .. but without Walker ....

Elliott
Suli
Garrick
Parker
Jorge
LG
DCE

etc etc .....
I think Suli would also be a dominant winger as well but I also believe he will surprise in the centres . Lets wait and see .

So you think Suli is a centre? He doesn’t pass the ball. He is quite a decent winger. So is Jorge. They would be our best options right now.
Suli passing the ball could be a game winning play!! No-one will expect it, the crowd, the refs and, most importantly, the opposition. Just need to clue in his team-mates before the game on his plans. Forget the mouse-trap as a surprise play, I give you the Suli pass.

#sarcasm

Whilst I don’t have total and absolute faith in our coach to turn things around instantly I do have faith that he will put more steel in our defence.

And due to this we “ should” be better than we were last year which frankly was ****ing abysmal.

What we’ll lack I think is too many back line attacking options ( no Turbo / Walker).

Then again look at last year most of our scoring was through the middle.

If our line can be held more regularly that improvement will be a huge positive moving forward.

I’m not slitting my wrists just yet, but nor am I expecting anything too fantastic ( even with the other two playing).

Last edited:
Time for the young guns and fill ins to step up, who knows it might work!!

Otherwise it’s lambs to the slaughter, just not sure which !!

When it comes to having first grade experience, Des doesn't have a lot of options right now with Walker out and Turbo injured. Of those left, Jorge had played 124 games, Elliot has played 40, Suli 31 and Parker 25. The rest of the backline options have about as much first grade experience as I do.....zero to none.

Garrick, Funa, Andersen, Hopoate....between them they combine for a whopping ZERO first grade games. Even Lachlan Croker had more games under his belt in Rd.1 last year, and he had only played 1 first grade game at that point.

The only other option, and personally I don't think this has even been considered other than a last choice emergency, is Thommo who out of his 198 first grade games has played 46 in the backline, 44 of them at centre. But he hasn't started a game in the backs since Round 10, 2014 and who knows when the last time he actually played centre in a game.

The kids are going to have to grow up fast. All I can say is that for once I hope The Jerker is correct and that Tommy isn't as bad as what we're being told and that he will be out there for Round 1.

As for Dylan Walker.....when he is fit and in form he's arguably one of the best centres in the game (not just in the NRL). He proved that when he won the Dally M Centre of the Year in 2017 and if not for his PM's XIII injury would likely have been in the Kangaroos WC squad that year. Problem is that the question needs to be asked, is he worth the trouble? He's quickly becoming the modern version of John Hopoate.....more trouble than he's worth. I never would have thought it, but I can see Walks being one of those who is moved on at the end of this year.

I think we just need to back some of these young kids in for the centre positions. I really hope Parker picks his game up this year, but it sounds like Garrick has been training the house down and deserves a shot. Just because someone is untested, doesn't mean they aren't good. Cam Smith had played 0 games once too.

I think we just need to back some of these young kids in for the centre positions. I really hope Parker picks his game up this year, but it sounds like Garrick has been training the house down and deserves a shot. Just because someone is untested, doesn't mean they aren't good. Cam Smith had played 0 games once too.

You could be on the right track.

http://theland-downunder.com/2019/0...wkkKSD97Y7FW1wYPY2FL5FL75NVePJ_XXq8nlnCrx03r8

Sea Eagles unlikely to seek replacement for banned star

Manly are likely to pass over the opportunity to become the first club to a seek salary cap exemption under the game’s new no-fault policy on player behaviour due to the financial and human costs of trying to replace – and then possibly reintegrate – Dylan Walker into their roster.

Walker has become the first player stood down by NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg under the new discretionary powers handed to him by the ARL Commission. The former Blues representative is contesting charges of assaulting his fiancee, to which he has pleaded not guilty, with his case scheduled to return to court on May 10. Under the new protocols, players facing charges which carrying a maximum jail term of 11 years or more are automatically stood down on full pay.

Surely we will be seeking salary cap exemption for the period that Walker is out. I thought that was the whole idea of the rule or is it again 1 rule for us and different for the other 15 clubs.

You could be on the right track.

http://theland-downunder.com/2019/0...wkkKSD97Y7FW1wYPY2FL5FL75NVePJ_XXq8nlnCrx03r8

Sea Eagles unlikely to seek replacement for banned star

Manly are likely to pass over the opportunity to become the first club to a seek salary cap exemption under the game’s new no-fault policy on player behaviour due to the financial and human costs of trying to replace – and then possibly reintegrate – Dylan Walker into their roster.

Walker has become the first player stood down by NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg under the new discretionary powers handed to him by the ARL Commission. The former Blues representative is contesting charges of assaulting his fiancee, to which he has pleaded not guilty, with his case scheduled to return to court on May 10. Under the new protocols, players facing charges which carrying a maximum jail term of 11 years or more are automatically stood down on full pay.

Yep, our current crop of reserve graders in that backline & on the bench is what we have, so Des better have that magic touch, and turn them into first graders, pretty quickly.

Yep, our current crop of reserve graders in that backline & on the bench is what we have, so Des better have that magic touch, and turn them into first graders, pretty quickly.

It can be seen as a vote of confidence in the players we currently have.

It can be seen as a vote of confidence in the players we currently have.

Put your hand up mate, at this point, surely we are all in the mix @:D

01. @Dan
02. @bazeagle
03. @BOZO
04. @mutley
05. @globaleagle
06. @Woodsie (c)
07. @Ryan
08. @Kevinward777
09. @brad
10. @Mark from Brisbane
11. @HoldenV8
12. @manlyfan76
13. @mickqld

14. @fLIP
15. @The Wheel
16. @maxta
17. @Budgewoi Eagle

Coach: Des Hasler

Apologies to those that missed out. Des is rebuilding, and you cost too much right now. We are looking for potential, not proven.

01. @Dan
02. @bazeagle
03. @BOZO
04. @mutley
05. @globaleagle
06. @Woodsie (c)
07. @Ryan
08. @Kevinward777
09. @brad
10. @Mark from Brisbane
11. @HoldenV8
12. @manlyfan76
13. @mickqld

14. @fLIP
15. @The Wheel
16. @maxta
17. @Budgewoi Eagle

Apologies to those that missed out. Des is rebuilding, and you cost too much right now. We are looking for potential, not proven.
Good job mate !!! LOL
On behalf of the team we nominate our no 7@Ryan our captain !!!

Captains already been named mate. I'm a disturber of the peace (think Walker).
You need a cool, serious, and take no **** el capitarno - AKA @Woodsie @:D
Yes sorry I over looked the (c) on Woodsies name . If he is our captain then Trent will surely be our coach .
All good :)

Yes sorry I over looked the (c) on Woodsies name . If he is our captain then Trent will surely be our coach .
All good :)

No ... Des is our Coach .... and I always support the Manly Coach 100% .... to the end ...

My team based on current situation (and last trial):

01. Brendan Elliott
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brad Parker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Trent Hodkinson
15. Lloyd Perrett
16. Tof Sipley
17. Frank Winterstein

This side ... Well ... Yeah

Walker sacked
T Trbojevic injured
Koroisou injured
Hopoate unavailable
Paseka injured
Tanginoa injured
Kelly released
That will be close other then Parker to swap with Garrick maybe .

01. @Dan
02. @bazeagle
03. @BOZO
04. @mutley
05. @globaleagle
06. @Woodsie (c)
07. @Ryan
08. @Kevinward777
09. @brad
10. @Mark from Brisbane
11. @HoldenV8
12. @manlyfan76
13. @mickqld

14. @fLIP
15. @The Wheel
16. @maxta
17. @Budgewoi Eagle

I'm an old front rower with the pace of Martin Bella and the ball playing skills Arthur Beetson who fancies himself as a fullback with kicking skills that would shame Matthew Ridge.

Laugh if you will Mr. @Woodsie , but remember I grew up in Adelaide playing Aussie rules. I know how to kick a football in ways that players like Ridgey and Cherry have never dreamed of.

Awww shucks, I'm being too modest @:D

Mate i am just warming up with my enthusiasm , I have not peaked yet .

I do not believe in going half hearted into to anything , even pre season

Pre season work outs get you worked up and primed up for the big season ahead

I am always full on confidence and ready to go !!!

I put this sign up in the gym where i train

and I can understand why some stay home after a few sessions

View attachment 10817
Captains already been named mate. I'm a disturber of the peace (think Walker).
You need a cool, serious, and take no **** el capitarno - AKA @Woodsie @:D
Phew I thought you were going to call him " cool serious, take no **** El Chappo.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10