Leeds Rhinos V Manly Sea Eagles Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cambo said:
WAMF said:
Oldfield is not 1st grade material.
Wolfy cannot pass from dummy half to save his life.
The wings will be our biggest weakness in 2012.
Hang on a sec oldfield didn't do much wrong.

I LIKE Oldfield, but just think Whare may add more x-factor, and with Hopoate on the bus to The Eels, think we need some explosive spark out wide.

I'm also pretty disappointed to hear from Michael's cousin, Grant, that he is in the process of looking around at other clubs, so maybe Whare is the way to go.

HK_Eagle said:
mickqld said:
Good effort from Manly considering we weren't allowed to get any rhythm in the 2nd half due to Leeds offside rubbish tactics that the ref was too pissweak to take any action against. We used up too much energy fighting in the ruck while they were allowed to stall and niggle as well as constantly being offside. How can you give so many penalties warn them and they continue to do it and not sin bin it was a joke.

get fking real. you sound like a whinging little biatch.

Hahaha thats the pot calling the kettle black with your bull**** whinging about the players efforts. We've played 1 game and you write us off clown.Get real you tosser go back in your box.

Disco said:
HK_Eagle said:
Disco said:
HK_Eagle said:
i don't mind being honest... we have been s**t and much closer to the reality of this current team. Des took us to greater heights and with some lucky calls we achieved above expectations. but expect more of this in 2012

Haha its February

We have played 40 minutes to prepare for a match against the English champions who are well into there season in conditions they we are not used to on the other side off the world

Relax, we looked pretty good considering

You dont want to peak at this time of year

we looked "pretty good?" really? are you serious? when and what looked good? we came over a week before the game and trained with the fitness guru himself, donny... and at what time did we look like the best team in the world?
Its alway amazes me the importance some put on pre-season games, admittedly this is not your average pre-season game but it is one none the less

Its February HK, the cricket is still on

i'm very clear on the time of the year and the context... so, why were the last 3 nrl champions able to come over and win but we couldn't? this was a full strength manly squad with a full prep and they looked rusty to be kind. (crap to be realistic).

How many of you blokes bagging the team have ever played footy in a wet sand pit? Wake up to yourselves, we lost in very English conditions to a strong side that played with everything they had.

I realise it's only February but commitment is not something to turn on and off. It's an attitude. It's part of who you are and frankly I didn't see much of it.

Clay said:
WAMF said:
Cambo said:
WAMF said:
Oldfield is not 1st grade material.
Wolfy cannot pass from dummy half to save his life.
The wings will be our biggest weakness in 2012.
Hang on a sec oldfield didn't do much wrong.
mate, not coming in to take a hit up is very wrong and we can't afford to have it continue.

WAMF your being a tosser, he didn't play too badly considering the circumstances. your just looking for someone to blame

Not looking to blame anyone. We were always in for a tough match, being underdone.
Re Oldy, I'm glad you were excited by his performance. If you think you can just stand on the wing for 80 mins in this day and age, you're sadly very wrong. Robbo came in every set of 6. The Sea Eagles have had great success when wingers act as a 7th forward.

lloydy said:
How many of you blokes bagging the team have ever played footy in a wet sand pit? Wake up to yourselves, we lost in very English conditions to a strong side that played with everything they had.

excuses stop teams from winning premierships. champions don't care about conditions or context and win in spite of them... respect to MJ

I thought most of the boys played well considering they have only played 20 mins of league for 5 months. I am proud of their efforts. Pity about the leagues club though lol.

haha, the sky is falling. I might have to ask for a refund on my season ticket, we are obviously useless and will lose every game this season.

HK_Eagle said:
Disco said:
HK_Eagle said:
Disco said:
HK_Eagle said:
i don't mind being honest... we have been s**t and much closer to the reality of this current team. Des took us to greater heights and with some lucky calls we achieved above expectations. but expect more of this in 2012

Haha its February

We have played 40 minutes to prepare for a match against the English champions who are well into there season in conditions they we are not used to on the other side off the world

Relax, we looked pretty good considering

You dont want to peak at this time of year

we looked "pretty good?" really? are you serious? when and what looked good? we came over a week before the game and trained with the fitness guru himself, donny... and at what time did we look like the best team in the world?
Its alway amazes me the importance some put on pre-season games, admittedly this is not your average pre-season game but it is one none the less

Its February HK, the cricket is still on

i'm very clear on the time of the year and the context... so, why were the last 3 nrl champions able to come over and win but we couldn't? this was a full strength manly squad with a full prep and they looked rusty to be kind. (crap to be realistic).

And the last three winners went on to win the NRL?

Maybe too much effort has been put into the WCC over the last three years

And stop disrespecting Leeds, they played well

geez there's some sooks on here.
Game was entertaining, considering the conditions + minimal prep time the boys played well. Always going to have some silly mistakes this time of year, were in with a chance the majority of the game. Missed a few chances yes, Room for improvement, yes, but there's a long season ahead and you can't be firing with precision all year round. bring on the season proper.

mikem said:
I realise it's only February but commitment is not something to turn on and off. It's an attitude. It's part of who you are and frankly I didn't see much of it.

^^^ this

i've lived and played in much worst, having lived in japan and korea for 10 years, so i understand climate change. it's all about attitude and quite frankly, i hope our younger guys have learned something from this tour...

Most of our players had only played about twenty minutes of a trial two weeks ago. All things considered - the intercept try, two final Leeds passes (leading to tries) that were forward, the Matai 'no-try' and that ridiculous 'no knock on' decision against their fullback, then that was a pretty good effort. That was the top English team at their best and they only put the game away in the last 6-7 minutes.

Agree that we need to look seriously at Whare on that wing.

g,day all,disappointing result but not all bad,didn't really deserve to win,but the luck of the bounce of the ball went their way.I think one thing that was revealed is that Jamie Buhrer has to get more game time.Heads up we showed enough to suggest we can still be a force this season.
cheers mike

HK Eagle - most of our boys played 25 min against Cronulla & you call that a full preparation?!? Turn the tables, we play 2 competition games & then play Leeds (who have 1 trial game to prepare) at Brookvale & let's see how they go!

Pull your head in.

HK_Eagle said:
mikem said:
[/quote

^^^ this

i've lived and played in much worst, having lived in japan and korea for 10 years, so i understand climate change. it's all about attitude and quite frankly, i hope our younger guys have learned something from this tour...
I went to Malaysia for a holiday back in 99 so I know a thing or 2 about climate change too??

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8