Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s pretty obvious what’s happening with the Fainu’s. We can’t carry Latu’s $$$ on next year’s cap if he is not playing FG. It’s akin to playing with a smaller cap than the rest of the NRL. The deal wasn’t brokered by Mestrov and Seibs, it was something arranged with the Fulton clan a couple of years ago. They don’t think it’s smart business and want to assemble a squad that they believe will challenge for a premiership next year. Brooks is ready and Latu is not.

There are enough other deficiencies in the squad to address and we need money to do that. So Latu makes way and the money is spent elsewhere. Then you’ve got Sammy who is clearly ready to play firsts and can demand more coin. We are flush for edge forwards already signed long-term, thus he has to make way. It’s not a case of the club being blind to their talents, it’s a cap problem. The end.
Well said I think you nailed it

I notice you have a habit of picking out a single line to reply to, without the context said line is contained within. A little cheeky, and quite frustrating to be responding to.
Yeah but I don't do it to be cheeky, sometimes I don't want to reply to all the points made in a post, but just to one, or at least to one at a time. Too often discussions go nowhere because poeple wander off topic or talk at cross purposes without dealing with the specifics of what's been said.

In this case I may have missed your point, if your point was to say the reason is political, I thought you were actually asking 'what on earth could it be?'

Someone needs to sit Latu down and ask him how good he thinks he really is. If the answer is very good, then the smartest thing he can do is stay. Daly, while he's still playing well is not going to play until he's 40. I can see him having a successful career in the media given his ability to construct sentences and not "umm" and "ahh" his way through interviews and pressers. If Cronk can do it, DCE is a moral. And sitting at the FOX Sports desk doesn't hurt on Monday morning. Well, unless Ennis is there as well but let's not go there.

Latu could find himself as a long term player on very good coin. Now is not the time to cash in his chips.

Latu has the chance to play long term at Manly and set himself up for life if he has the courage to back himself. Let's see which way he plays it.
It's not Latu who is driving this. It's not the club either. Latu has a contract to stay with MWSE for an additional two years. This situation is all on Tartak and Co.

I don't believe Latu has been in the top 30 for the last few years?
Two years so far. Two more years to go. The reality is MWSE cannot force him out if he wants to stay. He might not play much first grade for the duration of his contract, though. Don't blame Mestrov for this mess. I think it's all on Tartak and Co for requesting permission to negotiate with rival clubs.

Last edited:
Two years so far. Two more years to go. The reality is MWSE simply cannot force him out if he wants to stay. Don't blame Mestrov for this mess. It's all on Tartak and Co.
If the club want to free up the coin, they have all the power. All they do is tell Latu that he will not get a run and will feature for Blacktown all year. In that case, he has the option of staying to play NSW Cup and earn his 335K for the year., which is entitled to do. However, another club comes knocking with a FG opportunity and 500k a season, and the decision is a no brainer.

I'm not suggesting that is what will happen, but if a club wants to free up space and move a player on, it's not overly difficult. It only becomes complicated when the player is undesirable to other clubs. In the case of Latu, not going to be a problem.

If the club want to free up the coin, they have all the power. All they do is tell Latu that he will not get a run and will feature for Blacktown all year. In that case, he has the option of staying to play NSW Cup and earn his 335K for the year., which is entitled to do. However, another club comes knocking with a FG opportunity and 500k a season, and the decision is a no brainer.

I'm not suggesting that is what will happen, but if a club wants to free up space and move a player on, it's not overly difficult. It only becomes complicated when the player is undesirable to other clubs. In the case of Latu, not going to be a problem.
Sounds pretty accurate to me @LeonardCohen However (IMHO), in this case, the original request for permission to negotiate with other clubs has come from Crown and not from the club. I don't believe Crown thought they would get a positive response to the request.
Bluff from Crown. Double Bluff from MWSE. The Fainu's are the pawns, but the game isn't over yet.

Sounds pretty accurate to me @LeonardCohen However (IMHO), in this case, the original request for permission to negotiate with other clubs has come from Crown and not from the club. I don't believe Crown thought they would get a positive response to the request.
Bluff from Crown. Double Bluff from MWSE. The Fainu's are the pawns, but the game isn't over yet.
What about the triple bluff? You can't leave out the triple bluff.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8