Kevvie Walters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Insomniac

Reserve Grader
Had a great chat to Kevvie @ an industry function today. Seems a really decent guy. From what he said about replacements for JT , i got the feeling DCE was not on the radar. He didn't say as much but he mentioned a lot of possibilities other than Cherry. I was surprised.

Had a great chat to Kevvie @ an industry function today. Seems a really decent guy. From what he said about replacements for JT , i got the feeling DCE was not on the radar. He didn't say as much but he mentioned a lot of possibilities other than Cherry. I was surprised.

The Qld camp are avoiding any mention of DCE to the point that I'm starting to think they're foxing. I couldn't give a toss about Origin, and I'd prefer he's available for Manly, but he can't NOT have been noticed considering some of the players - JT included - he's outplayed in matches this year.

So has Chez for Qld.
But neither were/will be the long term picks :cool:
Humble apologies Happy! I miss read you, thought you meant he never played, but yeah like you say, they never "made it". Sorry for doubting an Eagles memory @:blush:

Cliffy never made it in SOO either, so Chez is in great company :)

Former Qld centre / 5/8 Peter Jackson once said that Cliffy's problem when it came to rep games was that when things went wrong he often became the scapegoat, especially for NSW selectors. It would seem that DCE is paying the same price for the one series loss Qld have had in the past 10 years. Apparently it was all his fault.

Oh well, good for Manly.

The funny thing is that last year when he wasn't in good form, Kevin Walters still talked up DCE's chances. This year when he is in form he's suddenly no real chance unless they are desperate. About the only one he's not behind is Hunt and he's out injured.

It almost makes me think that they don't want him there now when he's in good form because if he played like we know he can it would make all those maroon FOGS who've bagged the crap out of him since his backflip look silly.....and they can't have that can they o_O

Humble apologies Happy! I miss read you, thought you meant he never played, but yeah like you say, they never "made it". Sorry for doubting an Eagles memory @:blush:
Creative players don't suit the bash and barge biff fest of SOO normally @:cool:

Qld had to pick JT ten years ago and he suited Lockyer and then Cronk, as would Chez :cool:

I just hate the bullying aspect of the Qld mob regarding Chez. :mad:

Hope Chez wins another 8 premierships for Manly @:D

Thurston will play.
That is all.
Was going to give this a rating but none sufficed.
Like, agree and funny will do.
I think though there is a real bias against DCE from up there. And I think he is seen as a traitor for not going to the gold coast.
Thurston hardly ever mentions him.and DCE towelled him up when we played them.
Eventually they'll run out of excuses not to select him.

Was going to give this a rating but none sufficed.
Like, agree and funny will do.
I think though there is a real bias against DCE from up there. And I think he is seen as a traitor for not going to the gold coast.
Thurston hardly ever mentions him.and DCE towelled him up when we played them.
Eventually they'll run out of excuses not to select him.

After spending a big chunk of my life in qld i can assure you they will never run out of excuses if footy or daylight savings is involved

I don't know how I feel about DCE playing Origin. In some respects it could be great if he went into camp, had a great game and came back to club land full of renewed belief and confidence.

On the flip side, he could play a shocker, get crucified in the media and come back with a complete lack of confidence and focus. Worse, he could get injured and miss the rest of the season.

Either way, I think there are pro's and con's for both.

On the FOX 360 pole during the week it was Norman, Milford and Morgan for the replacement for JT. None is great form but Norman probably the pick. Just shows the distance QLD are putting between themselves and considering Cherry who shows good form. I happy if he doesn't play and carves it up for Manly for the next 7 weeks of the origin period.

The Qld camp are avoiding any mention of DCE to the point that I'm starting to think they're foxing. I couldn't give a toss about Origin, and I'd prefer he's available for Manly, but he can't NOT have been noticed considering some of the players - JT included - he's outplayed in matches this year.

Me too!

Hopefully DCE being snubbed fires him up even more for the run in to the finals and he is able to lift his great form to another level. And inspire more of the other boys in the team also.

It is a weird vibe though. You get the impression he may have rubbed up some of the senior QLD guys the wrong way or something. Its our gain though. Giddyup. Stand behind the kicker

Kevvie used to stick up for DCE during the backflip and then at the start of the year and late last year spoke about DCE as next in line many times. Now he doesn't even mention him and it's Mal who has reminded everyone about DCE.

Kev said he would ask the players including Thurston as to who should replace him. I say that the big push back is from JT himself and hence Kevvie no longer mentions him.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8