Kelepi Tanginoa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well Baz/Bozo have seen something in him ... their track record this year has been pretty good.

I'll withhold judgement until I have seen him play in maroon and white.
There's no room for common sense on here @Woodsie. Tonight we were down 16 nil, with absolutely no momentum. Chez said calm down boys behind the posts and we then went on to win the last 60 odd minutes 26-6 and apparently we were off and the win was ok. Boy would I hate to be a player or coach in the NRL. The scrutiny is unending. Look at how people were carrying on about Uate and Sirro, you'd think they would learn to reserve their judgement until an opinion on a players potential has become clearer.

Well Lane has been s**t so I guess we desperately needed more backrow depth just in case.
Was hoping Parker would get on for Brown at some stage today just to see what would happen.
But with the game so close I can understand why he wasn't used.
Still don't understand why he was on the bench though

Well Lane has been s**t so I guess we desperately needed more backrow depth just in case.
Was hoping Parker would get on for Brown at some stage today just to see what would happen.
But with the game so close I can understand why he wasn't used.
Still don't understand why he was on the bench though
Parker at backrow could be exciting stuff. Im hoping Bozo sticks with that idea. Beaver 2.0 he could well be.

This was last year

Tue 12 Apr, 2016 8:43 am

Written by THE MOLE , April 12, 2016
PARRAMATTA forward Kelepi Tanginoa can’t crack the top grade at the moment but is attracting plenty of interest from a number of rival NRL clubs.

Standing at 180cm and 102kg with a frame that resembles a body builder, Tanginoa has been arguably the most damaging player in the NSW Cup this season and his performances have reportedly caught the eye of the Tigers.

Tanginoa returned to the Eels this season after spending last year with the Cowboys but finds himself behind the likes of Manu Ma’u, Beau Scott, Tepai Moeroa and Kenny Edwards in a stacked Parramatta second row.

But his performances in the NSW Cup for Wentworthville haven’t gone unnoticed – most notably last week’s display against the Warriors when he racked up a mammoth 201 metres.

It is believed the Tigers have been tracking the 22-year-old’s progress the past few weeks and could be looking to engage the club over a transfer. However, Tanginoa is contracted to the Eels until the end of 2017 and are reportedly hesitant to grant the forward an early release should one be requested.

The Tigers, who are in the midst of a four-game losing streak, are struggling for depth at moment particularly in the back row. No Tigers back-rower recorded 100 metres or more in Sunday’s loss to the Knights.

The Tigers are also said to be tracking the progress of Panther’s workhorse Elijah Taylor. Taylor has played just two games for the club this season and will almost certainly leave the club at season’s end.

In addition to Wests, there are rumours swirling that the Bulldogs are also keeping tabs on Tanginoa, although the club may find it hard to fit the former junior Kangaroo under the salary cap following the recent long-term signing of Raymond Faitala-Mariner and Lamar Liolevave

The bloke whose done nothing in 2 years isn't good enough to replace a guy whose done nothing in 2 years

Legit argument

Just for the record .......
In Round 2 of the 2013 NRL season, Tanginoa made his NRL debut for the Eels against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs. In April, Tanginoa played for the New South Wales Under 20s team. He played 9 games for the Eels in his rookie year before succumbing to a fractured hand and then a stress fracture in his right foot.

In July 2013, Tanginoa re-signed with the Eels on a 2-year contract.

On 29 August 2014, Tanginoa was released from his Eels contract, signing a 2-year contract with the North Queensland Cowboys, starting in 2015.[

In Round 2 of the 2015 NRL season, Tanginoa made his debut for the Cowboys, coming off the bench in the side's 14-16 loss to the Newcastle Knights.

On 27 September 2015, Tanginoa played in the Townsville Blackhawks' Intrust Super Cup Grand Final loss to the Ipswich Jets. Tanginoa was a member of the Cowboys' 2015 Premiership winning squad, though he did not take part in the Grand Final.

On 21 October 2015, Tanginoa signed a 1-year contract to return to the Parramatta Eels, after being released from the final year of his Cowboys contract.

181 cm, 118 kg. Plays lock and back row. I don't mind this... only 23, has got a couple of starts and hasn't quite kicked on yet... might have some potential.
Not quite that big...180cm and 102 kgs.But a good signing,I remember him playing for the eels and thought he was good before injury probs in nqld.Thought he and Sione Louisi would have been good targets for Blacktown next year and nice we have picked him up for now.Hope a change of venue and club with Baz brings out the best in him.Low risk with potential good reward,we have done this many times over the years.

This was last year

Tue 12 Apr, 2016 8:43 am

Written by THE MOLE , April 12, 2016
PARRAMATTA forward Kelepi Tanginoa can’t crack the top grade at the moment but is attracting plenty of interest from a number of rival NRL clubs.

Standing at 180cm and 102kg with a frame that resembles a body builder, Tanginoa has been arguably the most damaging player in the NSW Cup this season and his performances have reportedly caught the eye of the Tigers.

Tanginoa returned to the Eels this season after spending last year with the Cowboys but finds himself behind the likes of Manu Ma’u, Beau Scott, Tepai Moeroa and Kenny Edwards in a stacked Parramatta second row.

But his performances in the NSW Cup for Wentworthville haven’t gone unnoticed – most notably last week’s display against the Warriors when he racked up a mammoth 201 metres.

It is believed the Tigers have been tracking the 22-year-old’s progress the past few weeks and could be looking to engage the club over a transfer. However, Tanginoa is contracted to the Eels until the end of 2017 and are reportedly hesitant to grant the forward an early release should one be requested.

The Tigers, who are in the midst of a four-game losing streak, are struggling for depth at moment particularly in the back row. No Tigers back-rower recorded 100 metres or more in Sunday’s loss to the Knights.

The Tigers are also said to be tracking the progress of Panther’s workhorse Elijah Taylor. Taylor has played just two games for the club this season and will almost certainly leave the club at season’s end.

In addition to Wests, there are rumours swirling that the Bulldogs are also keeping tabs on Tanginoa, although the club may find it hard to fit the former junior Kangaroo under the salary cap following the recent long-term signing of Raymond Faitala-Mariner and Lamar Liolevave
Sounds like a guy just needing an opportunity,we have given plenty of guys like that a chance over the years and come up diamonds.Hope this guy falls into that category too,it's not like we struggle to turn Parra players into even better ones....

Good pick up if he can come good for us, bit like Jason Taumalolo in build and game style.
May have changed in the last few years but I think his best spot is 11/12,but a bit like Amone and has some versatility.There was an article in the courier mail(I think,can't download it) from 2015 when the cowboys picked him up from eels. Green,Thurston and Cooper rated him highly and commended him on his attitude to training as a 20 yr old when joining the club.Thurston actually thought he was more explosive in attack with the ball in hand than Taumololo and hit like a truck in defense.Don't know if it was just a numbers game at the eels or if a guy who is being overlooked starts to doubt himself but let's hope we give him the lift and change of attitude he needs.

Last edited:
The blokes a tank - but you don't get shuffled on from a number of clubs at such a young age, for no reason.
Maybe this magic water out Manly way that Baz and Bozo are feeding these other discards, is worth a shot - will reserve opinion till I see him play, as i know nothing except youtube posters about him.......

At 5'10" or 5'11" he will be the runt of the litter in our pack ... but if he runs like a bowling ball .. all good.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8