1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Judiciary results after Souths game

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brissie Kid, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +830 / 10
    Matai suspended for tackling too hard. RL is dead as far as i care.
    [hr]

2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    manlyseaeagles Here are the charges from Fri night - Fa'aoso: G2 Dangerous Throw, G3 Dangerous Throw. Matai: G1 Careless High. Snake: G1 Dangerous Contact

WTF - Matai has to sue the ARLC for continued profiling :mad:

Are the MRC charging SB for starting the fight that then prompted his idiot brother to fake an injury :mad:

The video clearly shows this :mad:

Please explain :huh:
    Newcastle’s Kade Snowden was cited for a grade 2 careless high tackle on Gold Coast’s Luke O’Dwyer, but will miss suspension with an early plea.
    As O'Dwyer broke his jaw in Grade 2 careless incident :mad:

At worst, Brett should be a G1 reckless :mad:

3. Brookie Brawler

Brookie Brawler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +428 / 6
    Can't understand how Matai's tackle gets any more than a penalty. No worse than many others. So sick of this BS!

4. strone33

strone33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 29
    I hope we fight the f**k out of this! This is a f***ing joke! The Manly loading again!!!!!

5. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,778 / 258
    I thought Richies may have been worse, I was thinking 5 weeks for one and 7 weeks the other.

Not suprised at any of the above

6. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    Waste of time fighting it.They want spear tackles dead and buried and will show no mercy to Faoso,especially given it was the poster boy tackled.Cop it and move on.

Dragons game away on a Monday night without Skivvy,King and Richie will be pretty tough.Matai is a lynchpin for us.

7. Brissie Kid

Ratings:
    +830 / 10
    Problem for Matai is the boofhead system that penalises him even more if he so much as dares to appeal this crap and loses.

Matai has been charged here over an accident. WTF are they saying he should do differently next time? He was trying to turn the momentum of a match with a big legal tackle. They obviously want the Burgesses to only be tackled below the knees & we know how that will end up.

RL is well and truly fracked up. I'll support Manly but the rest of them can go shove the game up their whazoos.

8. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    It's worth fighting Matai's - there will be plenty of evidence of chest high tackles to use as examples that didn't even result in a penalty. Go with the argument that it was a hard, legal tackle.

I think 8 weeks for Ritchie is worth copping.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Stunned on the Matai one, but shouldn't be I guess. Previous suspensions or not, there is nothing in that tackle warranting any more than a penalty. Ryan James put on a worse shot yesterday and not even charged

Fa'aoso mark is about right I think, Snakes lucky his stupidity didn't cost him

10. strone33

Ratings:
    +373 / 29
    Yep the game is ****ed, I don't watch any of it any more, only manly games, I don't even care for any of the rep footy. The game has become a joke and Manly plays are unfairly treated year after year!
    [hr]
    Matais is def worth fighting! That charge is utter crap!

11. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    If you don't watch any other footy, how do you know we are getting harsh treatment compared to others ? ;)

12. strone33

Ratings:
    +373 / 29
    And why isn't soft cock Sam charged for starting a fight and running in? Pathetic

13. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Manly Loading very evident.

Fa'oso should have been a grade 1 & 2 at worst, one was on his shoulder.

Stewarts is the only one that is right but they owe him 4 weeks so they have taken that off the manly loading by the looks of it.

This will now create copy cat divers milking for penalties and suspensions. Pretty good reward given that if you know you are going down on your head area it is pretty easy to brace a bit and tuck the head in to put the weight on the shoulder as Inglis did.

14. Brissie Kid

Ratings:
    +830 / 10
    Maybe Burgess should stop running in a straight line so ******* hard. Then he wouldn't make for an easy target to get bowled over. he brought as much momentum to that accident as Matai.

Maybe Inglis should stop planting one leg & then diving to the ground to get a fast play the ball. Then he wouldn't end up lifted over.

My advice to NRL teams is don't tackle anyone, just get in the ball carriers way.

15. strone33

Ratings:
    +373 / 29
    I read this forum, watch the highlights on the news

16. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    what about Inglis,the protected one,s shoulder charge,doesnt that even rate a mention

17. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Correct ruling, you can't complain about how soft the NRL are making things, and also complain that people weren't charged for a bit of a dust up.
    [hr]
    Didn't hit him high so nothing chargeable in that one

18. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    None of those charges particularly surprises me and they all seem fair enough.

Matai pays the penalty for his aggressive style, that's the double edged sword he wields. If he gets its wrong he is always going to be looking at careless/reckless. I'd take the 1 week and move on.

Maybe try to downgrade Richies second one to G2 but difficult to fight either one outright I feel. Maybe they could try and highlight Inglis's propensity for landing on his head !!! What I want to know is if he gets found guilty of first one does that then automatically give him loading for the second offence in the same match ??

Snake should consider himself lucky that he didn't make cleaner contact with Everingham, because what he did was stupid and could have got him sent off had he got him flush on jaw. Throwing forearms/elbows around isn't smart.

19. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    Matais is def worth fighting! That charge is utter crap!
    [/quote]

I was referring to the Faoso penalty.

Whether they fight Matai will be determined by what he gets if he fails.Anyone know?

20. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    Matai can always benefit from a weeks rest.