Judiciary results after Souths game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pretty much what i expected, Its great news that Snake is free to play and Matai can always do with a week off due to his shoulder. Lets move on and get ready for a big game next week against the Goons.

Matai should fight it there was a much much much worse high shot on Brett Stewart with about 3 mins to go that didn't even get penalised

Like everyone else, Matai's charge wouldn't bother me if I could be reasonably confident that every player who makes accidental contact with the head of an opposing player would face a similar charge. But they won't, which means he ends up facing a charge of "Being Steve Matai" (now there's a great title for a movie - let me go write something down…)

I think you gotta fight Matai's cause each of these B.S minor charges he gets adds more to his weighting for the inevitable next high shot that he may commit where he could miss an important game.

If he gets 1 weeks either way ( as I am reading it ) if he pleads guilty or fight it - then why not ??? especially given the point of first contact.

"Steve Matai - high contact on a steeden football above its neck - 1 week "

I caught a glimpse of Newcastle Herald today, front page picture of knights player McManus (I think) being dumped on his head. Anyone charged out of that one?

Fa'oso is probably fair enough. They made an example of Inu (although his was far worse) so fa'oso was always in trouble.

Snake is lucky, lets just hope he doesnt get another charge this year.

Matai's is a joke, absolute joke. Manly should definetly fight that charge. Ive seen players get off for alot worse. Besides it was sam burgess who started the fight.

Matai gone for Reckless it's crap but still reckless. They need to fight it and show first point of contact and hope......

If Stevie gets 1 week either way then we have no choice but to fight it.As the Indian said it is only a matter of time before he goes again and pleading guilty to this one may mean 6 weeks instead of 4 or something like that.

reckless  
Use Reckless in a sentence
Ads
All-new Subaru Forester
subaru.com.au/New-Forester
Next Generation SUV From Subaru. Learn About All The Features Now!
Binary Options Trading
www.opteck.com/Australia
Free eBook & Learning Tools, Join & Get a Free $50,000 Demo Account!
reck·less [rek-lis] Show IPA
adjective
utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action; without caution; careless (usually followed by of ): to be reckless of danger.
characterized by or proceeding from such carelessness: reckless extravagance.

If he wasn't concerned, why did he hit the ball first?
If it was without caution why did he wrap the arm and aim for the chest?

Stupid terminology that does not make this black and white

Careless high for Matai is ridiculous. It should'nt have even been a penalty. His hand bounced off the ball and George Burgess lost it, knock on against Souths, Manly feed.

I would fight Matai's charge, as we should have done for a fair potion of his previous charges. The only reason he has such a rap sheet is because we have just rolled over and copped the charge. Most other players would never have been charged for half the stuff he has been charged with.
If ryan james has not even been charged (and no penalty) then that is proof of blatant bias for/against certain players

This Matai Charge is worthy of the challenge. would love to see snicko applied to the tackle as the head contact is a snick at best . Every player this year will make a tackle where the head contact is the same. All force was taken by the ball and it merely brushed his noggin

Right here they will be setting a precedent to do as they wish, and apply the rule as they wish. They simply can not penalise and suspend players for every head shot like Matai's" as they will have no product to sell. So this effectively will allow them to apply the rule with discrimination

Surely someone down there realises that this is a future problem they are creating themselves

I reckon there is a decent case can be made for Matai.

The prosecution will focus on the contact with the head because its quite clear that first contact is on the ball.

If you take a look at the vision, Burgess is taken off his feet with the force of the "legal" first contact. Contact above that only occurs due to the sheer force of the first contact which forces his upper body & head back and down. This is what causes the arm of Matai to follow through & make contact higher up on the big girl, oops I mean ball carrier.

That is a case for a downgrade at least IMO.

Snakes you could argue as the souffs player wa going to hit him with his run but no point.
Stevie's one is fightable no question. Ball first cannot be reckless or every tackle will have to be below the ball and Ingliss will carry the ball knee high.
Every other club would want us to fight for Richie because its becoming apparent that ingliss is partially responsible for the position he got in.

Have never attempted a spear tackle on anyone personally. But I would have thought it would take a lot more force from Richie, Inu and King then they appear to be using to upend Inglis unless he was doing a lot to get himself upended. It just looks like it wouldnt be possible for them to do that on a guy his size .

Hoping Manly will contest both Richies & Stevie's charges .

Definately fight Matai's charge. I'm gobsmacked he got put on report given the ref said he knew his arm came off the ball!

There is no way they can suspend him for the arm coming off the ball and up high. No one i have ever seen has been suspended for that.

If they thought the initial contact was high, he would've got at least 4 weeks. It seems to me they know the first point of contact was not high so how did the charge come about? Because he's Steve Matai!

A penalty was sufficient in this case. I find it disgusting he's facing a week. This will stay on his record and in this case it's NOT DESERVED!

FIGHT IT!!!! :mad: :mad:

the only way the inglis fiasco is going to be questioned is if someone like thurston, c smith etc tackle him and it happens. I would find it highly amusing if adam reynolds gets picked for the blues and tackles inglis in soo and the same thing happens - wouldn't that be a dilema.

Manly must fight the Matai charge. It's ridiculous. Charged for being Steve Matai.
Some other guy broke someone's jaw and can get off with an early guilty plea???
Fight the good fight Stevie.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6