Josh Starling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fox Sports - Market Watch

Could another Manly player be headed to England?

Word out of England is Josh Starling is in the sights of Castleford.

The 26-year-old forward is off-contract at the end of the year and has been heavily linked with a move to the Tigers.

Starling began his NRL career with South Sydney in 2012 before linking with the Sea Eagles in 2014.

The time has come. I have always said, you can't get rid of him until you have someone better than him and it looks like he is covered for 2017. Always felt he had a go.

He'll be off contract so it won't cost anything when he goes.Only issue is if they are looking to replace him,it's likely to be a very similar player at the same price or less as they wont have the money to chase a big name with all the upgrades needed

it looks like we will be without BJ, Starling and Vave next year so our prop ranks will be weaker. Even Burgess is gone (not effective but), that's 4 who played first grade this year. Replaced by Meehan and ??? so depth is going to be shallow.

I guess Jake can move back to the front row if needed and be covered by Knight or Hopoate but we are still 2 props down on this year right now.

I would like 1 more.

it looks like we will be without BJ, Starling and Vave next year so our prop ranks will be weaker. Even Burgess is gone (not effective but), that's 4 who played first grade this year. Replaced by Meehan and ??? so depth is going to be shallow.

I guess Jake can move back to the front row if needed and be covered by Knight or Hopoate but we are still 2 props down on this year right now.

I would like 1 more.
Myles, Jake, Taupau, AFB, Knight, Meehan.............all can play prop.

I want a bonafide prop not a player who can play prop.
For years we have been down a prop who hits the line with speed every time.Darcy filled that void this year & Vave also (to a lesser extent).

So 6 (2 unproven) to replace the 8 we used this year.

Who are the 2 final players when injuries strike?

Yes, we are light on props for next year and who knows what may be happening or not behind the scenes.

Hope this rumour is not true though, but apparently we are after Tom Burgess.

I don't see Lawrence as necessarily being cast aside like Mateo, Burgess and Starling. I have a feeling he may be around next year to add to the names mentioned above.

I don't see Lawrence as necessarily being cast aside like Mateo, Burgess and Starling. I have a feeling he may be around next year to add to the names mentioned above.

He was tapped on the shoulder like the others at the start of the year and has spent more time off the field than on it lately so I would be surprised if they keep him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8