Jorge Taufua injured.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Paw93

Reserve Grader
Jonathan Wright will be on the wing IMO. He's been in the team list on Tuesdays ever since Mat Wright was put to fullback. I'd love to see Parker there though. More concerning is who comes in to hooker with Api supposedly out next week? I don't think Baz will start Hastings against fresh forwards.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
The
Jonathan Wright will be on the wing IMO. He's been in the team list on Tuesdays ever since Mat Wright was put to fullback. I'd love to see Parker there though. More concerning is who comes in to hooker with Api supposedly out next week? I don't think Baz will start Hastings against fresh forwards.

I reckon brown will be 9 with Hastings on bench as utility.

court83

Bencher
Hmmm may aswell say goodbye to hastings if brown gets the starting 9 spot... Tell him to work hard, keep your head straight and you will be rewarded... Well, kids doing what hes asked, api goes down... Reward the kid, instead of weakening the 9 for half the game with brown while hastings warms the bench yet again

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Rotten luck for Horhay, he's been going great guns this year after finally getting some confidence back in his shoulder. We've been relying on our back 3 to get through a lot of work coming out of our own end, getting us over the ad line. Now having two of them out injured is going to put pressure on that tactic. No offence to Wright and whoever fills the wing spot, but they won't have the impact that Tommy and Horhay bring, nor the metres gained. Does that increase the forward workload and take a bit of sting out of them ??

Danly Manly

Reserve Grader
I reckon this bloke/beast/machine would have to be in the top 5 wingers of all time for Manly. He will be back (hopefully this year!), he is only 25 years old after all.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That's a harsh troll rating.:(

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I reckon this bloke/beast/machine would have to be in the top 5 wingers of all time for Manly. He will be back (hopefully this year!), he is only 25 years old after all.
I agree, talk of this being career ending are a little premature in my book. Fingers crossed that it isn't an ACL but preliminary reports seems to suggest it is and the way he went down didn't look good. Hopefully he can get a contract extension past this year and this set back doesn't stifle those talks, I feel he still has plenty to offer.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

That's a harsh troll rating.:(

Fat finger syndrome I reckon. @Sheikheagle wouldn't troll a post like that.

brad

First Grader
I know turbo is and will be our long term 1 , but whats to say when he returns move him to the wing for abit more protection and leave wright at 1 . Until he returns hastings to 1 and wright to wing and cullen to the bench. Im only suggesting this w
Agree with this..best option
Is there a chance they might leave wright at the back and put tom to the wing ( cotton wool ) for a while, just until he feels his way back.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Rotten luck for Horhay, he's been going great guns this year after finally getting some confidence back in his shoulder. We've been relying on our back 3 to get through a lot of work coming out of our own end, getting us over the ad line. Now having two of them out injured is going to put pressure on that tactic. No offence to Wright and whoever fills the wing spot, but they won't have the impact that Tommy and Horhay bring, nor the metres gained. Does that increase the forward workload and take a bit of sting out of them ??

Wright is well and truly up there in metres gained, 145 in round 11 and 197 yesterday. Can't really fault that.

stoodamire

Bencher
We will definitely miss Jorge's strong runs to the beginning of our sets and his finishing ability.

However i think we make up for it in Wright's bomb catching ability both in defence and attack. Add to our attack arsenal with the crossfield bomb to the left side.

Also means we will have a decent goalkicker full time now.

Wright is no slouch, has played over 100 first grade games and would've won a premiership with the Cowboys if he didn't get caught up with the asada scandal.

Last edited:
Rotten luck for Horhay, he's been going great guns this year.....
It was definitely rotten luck, but was it also a bit of bad player welfare management? He did after all have a pretty serious looking trauma on the knee about 10 minutes earlier. Reminded me of when Matt Ballin came back on after a similar knee trauma ending with the same result.

Anyway, I agree with @stoodamire, Wright to the wing and goalkicker, Jorge was still looking shaky under the high ball and I was thinking that there would be a lot more coming his way over the 2nd half of the season.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We will definitely miss Jorge's strong runs to the beginning of our sets and his finishing ability.

However i think we make up for it in Wright's bomb catching ability both in defence and attack. Add to our attack arsenal with the crossfield bomb to the left side.

Also means we will have a decent goalkicker full time now.

Wright is no slouch, has played over 100 first grade games and would've won a premiership with the Cowboys if he didn't get caught up with the asada scandal.
I remember Wright making an impressive kick return where he just charged full speed at the oncoming defenders.
Seems as though he wants to stay in first grade.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
12 6 6 2 12