John Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Just watched the Roosters vs. Dragons Anzac Day game where Cartwright was Ricky Stuart's assistant in 2004. Did anyone see Cartwright? I won't make a statement until hopefully someone else has and says something. Thought's?

What did you see? Was he laughing again ?

You see the look on his face when his Panthers were crushing us? See the difference between Cartwright & Barrett? That's what you are defending.
I can’t recall it but you’ve mentioned it a few times, have you got a pic or video grab? That game had me spewing so I wouldn’t be pleased if he’s genuinely laughing

No, he was up, screaming, passionate, on edge, fired up. Completely the opposite of the drone we see.
At that stage of his coaching career he was on an upward curve and showed enthusiasm, nowadays his coaching career is on the downward slide with no aspirations or prospects for an NRL coaching gig, so I would say his enthusiasm is along the same lines as his prospects.

Sorry @Ryan I couldn't help myself ....

If you where blameing Cartwright for losing players are you now crediting him for getting Thompson?

Sorry @Ryan I couldn't help myself ....

If you where blameing Cartwright for losing players are you now crediting him for getting Thompson?

Absolutely he gets kudos for Thompson as well - amazing signing (maybe the best forward available this off season. I'm struggling to get past him laughing at Barrett's disappointment and frustration. I found it really disrespectful. I don't think he would have tried that on, under Ricky's watch, that's for sure.

Was akin to Myles laughing with The Broncs players after we got belted by them. Just didn't sit well with me.

I can’t recall it but you’ve mentioned it a few times, have you got a pic or video grab? That game had me spewing so I wouldn’t be pleased if he’s genuinely laughing

Picture earlier in the thread mate - also, here's an example of an article with link:
Video: Manly assistant Cartwright laughs at Barrett's hissy fit | League ...
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwir0MGiwK7YAhWFg-AKHUOXD-oQFggnMAA&url=http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/video-manly-assistant-john-cartwright-laughs-at-trent-barretts-hissy-fit-nrl-sea-eagles/1ay89iqad8gfe1buix4yivq5lx&usg=AOvVaw056EVwlb_ypXAgq7eZG8SE

Article below:
You wouldn't think there would be much to smile about at Manly - but assistant coach John Cartwright obviously thinks otherwise.

'Carty' cracked it for a chuckle after head coach Trent Barrett lost his **** during the Sea Eagles' collapse against Penrith.

Whether peed off Manly fans see the funny side of it is another matter.

Absolutely he gets kudos for Thompson as well - amazing signing (maybe the best forward available this off season. I'm struggling to get past him laughing at Barrett's disappointment and frustration. I found it really disrespectful. I don't think he would have tried that on, under Ricky's watch, that's for sure.

Was akin to Myles laughing with The Broncs players after we got belted by them. Just didn't sit well with me.

Personally I would be surprised if He had anything to do with signing Thommo ... generally a recruitment officer (unless it is juniors) only identifies the talent and availability ... It is then up to others to negotiate ...

Can't disagree about the chuckles ... not a good look.

Personally I would be surprised if He had anything to do with signing Thommo ... generally a recruitment officer (unless it is juniors) only identifies the talent and availability ... It is then up to others to negotiate ...

Can't disagree about the chuckles ... not a good look.

Honestly, could be a moot point. I know he wants out. I heard he recently let The Titans know that he would love to take their head job, but they would have to offer it to him (he wouldn't ask) - I think it was over dramas with their board or something. They obviously didn't make the offer. He's also applied for the NSW SOO top job, but was first cut, with the race going down to Madge and Fittler (according to Buzz Rothfield this one). He's also put the feelers out at The Panthers regarding the top job over there should thing go awry.

Regarding The Titans gig, I'll see if I can find something to confirm that, and link it up.

Glitter Strip Bare: Gold Coast news and gossip
Greg Stolz and Jeremy Pierce, The Courier-Mail
September 5, 2017 12:00am
Subscriber only
COULD John Cartwright make a shock comeback as coach of the Gold Coast Titans?

Sources close to ‘Carty’ say he’d return to the Coast, where he’s still popular with many fans, “in a heartbeat”.

The Titans are looking for a new mentor following the dramatic sacking of Neil Henry last month after his fall-out with star Jarryd Hayne.

Cartwright was foundation coach of the Titans for eight years, departing in 2014 with two years to run on his contract as the club battled on-field performance and off-field financial problems.

The Penrith Panthers legend later joined the North Queensland Cowboys as assistant to Paul Green – winning the historic 2015 premiership – before becoming 2IC to Trent Barrett at Manly.

Cartwight was appointed NSW State of Origin assistant coach last season and has been named as one of several candidates to replace Laurie Daley following his sacking last week.

But those close to Carty say he’d jump at the chance to come back to the Coast, where he still has family, friends and property interests – including a home ironically just down the road from Henry’s beachside pad at Tugun.

A Gold Coast Bulletin reader poll after Henry’s demise revealed Cartwright was the second most popular choice to become the Titans’ next coach, after Manly great Geoff Toovey.

When he left the Titans, he had a 45.3 per cent win rate, compared with Henry’s 38 per cent at the club (44 per cent for his career). Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has a 67.8 per cent win rate.

As NSW assistant, Cartwright also has experience man-managing the walking ego that is Jarryd Hayne.

Cartwright was seen as being close to Titans founder Michael Searle – who was blamed for the club’s financial woes - but he departed around the same time as Carty.

Sources close to Cartwright believe he wouldn’t put his hand up for the Titans job and would have to be sounded out.

He has been publicly critical of the Titans board over what he saw as a lack of leadership, as well as his snubbing from the Titans 10th anniversary celebrations earlier this year.

However, that may not be so much of an issue if the NRL offloads the Titans to new owners in the coming months.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...p/news-story/27a935e79598e19e1ede8cd19e19ed0b

Honestly, could be a moot point. I know he wants out. I heard he recently let The Titans know that he would love to take their head job, but they would have to offer it to him (he wouldn't ask) - I think it was over dramas with their board or something. They obviously didn't make the offer. He's also applied for the NSW SOO top job, but was first cut, with the race going down to Madge and Fittler (according to Buzz Rothfield this one). He's also put the feelers out at The Panthers regarding the top job over there should thing go awry.

Regarding The Titans gig, I'll see if I can find something to confirm that, and link it up.

No need, I believe he would be applying for any higher position that became available ... no crime in that ... but not what Baz needs as a right hand man,

Hope so , anyone that has a chuckle at a manly coach under stress is not apart of manly . From that moment forward ive disliked him .

For the life of me I can't comprehend why Baz didn't fire him on the spot. I guarantee I would have.

I don't believe he is working for us at all in any way.

Don't really understand the uproar over Cartwright laughing in the box personally, might not be a great look but doesn't mean that he isn't invested in Manly doing well
Have seen nearly every assistant Bellamy has ever had trying not to crack up as he is on a tirade

I am not sure that Mr Carwright would be our make or break. For sure he is there to play a role, and I think that the club must be OK with that. Doubt it will be long term, as I think there is definitely a program at foot.

Welcome to the site legend.

Don't really understand the uproar over Cartwright laughing in the box personally, might not be a great look but doesn't mean that he isn't invested in Manly doing well
Have seen nearly every assistant Bellamy has ever had trying not to crack up as he is on a tirade
I totally agree Kiwi.
For all anyone knows there may be an in joke about blow ups.
I just luv the way people sit on the outside and judge. If it was an issue for Baz do you not think he would of addressed it.
Let it go Ryan. All of this because a bloke laughed at his mate losing his ****.
And yes I am passionate about support of my team but let's have some perspective.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12