John Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
He and Ferris drove The Titans to the decade of mediocrity they are suffering now. 7 years head fitness coach for Ferris , ZERO finals wins at both clubs. It will take the Titans 10 years to recouperate from those two.

Both clubs suffering massive injury tolls.

We are almost identical on the field to The Titans with those two leading them around.

Damn Des, Tooves and others for making me feel Manly should be in the finals every year.
Great post. I think most of us on here have been watching through our Manly goggles and with a dash of hopeful optimism are missing a bit of reality. WE ARE ABOUT ON PAR WITH YOUR REGULAR TITANS TEAM (barring the year they actually made a run, which has some parallels to our 2017)

I thought he had accepted a role for 2018 at the chocolate soldiers?

Have to agree, if I was thinking of playing for Manly and knew he was the negotiator/contact, I wouldn't be encouraged and he would have to be some passionate clubman to sell me (of which he is not).

While Bozo has stepped down (back?) I am assuming he is still involved in some capacity?
My media insider has told me Bozo is still very close,and involved,you can't take Manly out of the boy.

Our team this year is notorious for running out of juice at the back end of each half and concede too many points, negating good starts we have. Our fitness levels are not as good as previous years and to be fair the injury toll has been severe this season. I hope that there is a total rethink about fitness and the levels we need to reach to be competitive in all games.

The incomparable Immortal is a legend in his life time and the history books are a testimony to that .
His immortality and legendary status is indisputable .

To all the Tall poppies Have a sausage roll

To all the the True believers raise your glass

Cheers to the one and only Incomparable Immortal
The Greatest Sea eagle of all time Zachary Robert Fulton
news_20170308.jpg

Our team this year is notorious for running out of juice at the back end of each half and concede too many points, negating good starts we have. Our fitness levels are not as good as previous years and to be fair the injury toll has been severe this season. I hope that there is a total rethink about fitness and the levels we need to reach to be competitive in all games.
TBH, I'm not so sure it is a fitness level issue (well, not directly at least). I believe the game plan (the one and only one TB seems to have) is to play high up-tempo footy from the start and try to get a jump on the opposition... and something that we have actually executed reasonably well.

The problem as I see it is that this type of high intensity strategy cannot be maintained beyond 10-20 minute bursts. In addition, it's actually physically and psychologically draining, and excess energy is expended. I assume opposition teams know this going into our games, and their strategy is simply to ride out the intense period, maintaining their composure and staying solid as possible (all while minimising the potential points damage).

Basically, I feel it's a psychological composure issue. It's a bit like a fighter getting emotional and swinging like a madman... if the other boxer maintains his cool, he will simply negate/defend the wild swings and wait for the other fighter to gas before coming home over the top.

I don't know... it's just a thought.

TBH, I'm not so sure it is a fitness level issue (well, not directly at least). I believe the game plan (the one and only one TB seems to have) is to play high up-tempo footy from the start and try to get a jump on the opposition... and something that we have actually executed reasonably well.

The problem as I see it is that this type of high intensity strategy cannot be maintained beyond 10-20 minute bursts. In addition, it's actually physically and psychologically draining, and excess energy is expended. I assume opposition teams know this going into our games, and their strategy is simply to ride out the intense period, maintaining their composure and staying solid as possible (all while minimising the potential points damage).

Basically, I feel it's a psychological composure issue. It's a bit like a fighter getting emotional and swinging like a madman... if the other boxer maintains his cool, he will simply negate/defend the wild swings and wait for the other fighter to gas before coming home over the top.

Yep, you may be onto something there.

It was noticeable again last week v the Storm, once Kapow and AFB went off our bench cant maintain the rage.

That theory goes against my personal experience in a variety of sports. Never did I plan to 'go hard' for a period then 'ease off' for a period to conserve energy.
I'd be staggered if any player has this in mind when they take the field, or in any game plan.
I know the sport is now more regulated and scripted but surely an overriding 'game plan' is go as hard as you physically can and take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
Just as in cricket where you should play every ball on its merits you just can't roll through your rehearsed moves and be successful. Play what is in front of you - this is not gridiron where every move is pre-planned.

We were on fire thefirst 20 last week , and coincidentally when our two rampaging forwards went off the ref decided to award a number of penalties in a row to the opposition , a game Killer right there!!

Funny how on Friday night they just let the Donkeys ride roughshod for the first 40, and bingo 32-0 and game over!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11